The online racing simulator
is there realy any point in buying a quadcore now (other than crysis and high end 3dapps)? it seems like it'd be best to get a dualcore athlon x2 or a duo, and then drop 200bucks or more on then ext gen of quads when they come out in the next few weeks/months. in many games dual cores running at higher speeds outpreform quads that cost much more.
CPUs have little influence actually. Just get decent RAM, that's today's bottleneck.
thx but i still think i will screw up something and never figure it out and spend that cash for nothing
Just be very careful, its not that difficult. Took me some trouble shooting, but nothing terrible and just be careful.

Stay away from ATI from my experiences nVidia is the way to go...
is there a site where i can pick the parts i want for the cpu? and they put it together and send it to me?
www.newegg.com. actually, ATi's cards consume less power than the nvidia counterparts, and the drivers are starting to get decent again from what i've read.

or you could use www.tigerdirect.com
oooh... you mean they put the parts you select together well, there's sites like alienware, and i can't think of the others off the top of my head. >_<

newegg has some systems that are partialy put together (mobo +case+cpu+powersupply+ram etc) as well as full.
Quote from mutt107 :ok guys can you give me a simple yes or no answer on this cpu.. without water cooling.
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Infinity_SLI_GS/
or if you have any other cpu that is a better price than this and better tell me please.

Cyberpowerpc is the last site you would want to order from.

Here is a newegg build-
DFI Bloodiron motherboard- $114.99
Intel E8400 CPU- $194.99
2GB G-Skill DDR2 800 Memory- $44.99
Seagate 250GB Hard Disk- $79.99
Rosewill 550W Power Supply Unit- $64.99
Cooler Master Centurion 590 Case- $59.99
Samsung SATA DVD Burner- $29.99
EVGA E-GeForce 9600GT Graphics card- $149.99
Acer 19" Widescreen Monitor- $179.99

Total cost without monitor- $739.92 (Plus shipping costs)
Total cost with monitor- $919.91 (Plus shipping costs)

If you do build your own computer, Google "How to build a computer" and do the same on Youtube for guides.
Quote from h3adbang3r :Cyberpowerpc is the last site you would want to order from.

Here is a newegg build-
DFI Bloodiron motherboard- $114.99
Intel E8400 CPU- $194.99
2GB G-Skill DDR2 800 Memory- $44.99
Seagate 250GB Hard Disk- $79.99
Rosewill 550W Power Supply Unit- $64.99
Cooler Master Centurion 590 Case- $59.99
Samsung SATA DVD Burner- $29.99
EVGA E-GeForce 9600GT Graphics card- $149.99
Acer 19" Widescreen Monitor- $179.99

Total cost without monitor- $739.92 (Plus shipping costs)
Total cost with monitor- $919.91 (Plus shipping costs)

If you do build your own computer, Google "How to build a computer" and do the same on Youtube for guides.

can i get that built for me? cause that with a brand new monitor would be great but is that gfx card good at all? and does it come with a fan?
Quote from mutt107 :can i get that built for me? cause that with a brand new monitor would be great

Newegg is the cheapest site in the US to get this stuff from, you could order the parts and have a friend come over and help you put it together (Make sure that friend actually knows what he/she is doing though )
ok i geuss i will get my parts from there and build it myself XD thx for the help but does it have a fan? and is the gfx card better than a nivdia card?
Quote from mutt107 :ok i geuss i will get my parts from there and build it myself XD thx for the help but does it have a fan? and is the gfx card better than a nivdia card?

The graphics card is an nVidia card. EVGA is one of it's distributors, which is one of nVidia's best. Also, all the fans included are the fan on the processor's heatsink, and fans that come in the case.
Quote from h3adbang3r :The graphics card is an nVidia card. EVGA is one of it's distributors, which is one of nVidia's best. Also, all the fans included are the fan on the processor's heatsink, and fans that come in the case.

ok thx man your a BIG help
Quote from mutt107 :ok thx man your a BIG help

No problem man, I'm going to drop you a PM with my MSN address for if you need any more help
Quote from h3adbang3r :No problem man, I'm going to drop you a PM with my MSN address for if you need any more help

ok thx
http://ibuypower.com

Where I set mine and a friend's set up at, haven't had any trouble with them.
ok guys thx for the help i will be buying what headbanger showed me
#46 - Jakg
BTW - "CPU" is the name of a part. The CPU is NOT the case, or the tower itself.
Quickquestion: Is the E8500 fast?

I'm using a E6750 atm, and I want to know if it's ALOT or a bit faster than mine's

Sorry Mutt for jacking your thread forgive me!
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Quickquestion: Is the E8500 fast?

I'm using a E6750 atm, and I want to know if it's ALOT or a bit faster than mine's

Sorry Mutt for jacking your thread forgive me!

Yes, the E8500 is fast and cooler, but you'd be better off with an E8400. Over 50$ cheaper for 160 mhz less stock.
xfx 9800gx2 black ed. and a E8500 will it then.

btw, I will not overclock it that's why im better off with a E8500.

got 2 8800gt's, one of them doesnt work properly. I can see some weird squared/blocks sometimes which happens on Grid on the buildings and other objects.

Anyway thx, and sorry again Mutt
#50 - Jakg
8400 is more than enough - not that you'll notice the difference betweem a 2.66 GHz Core 2 Conroe and a 3.16 GHz Core 2 Wolfdale...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG