The online racing simulator
Wouldn't recommend this wheel
As this is only my second post here i thought i might make it a helpful one.
I bought a logitech wingman formula gp wheel second hand and it sucks--big time--I reverted back to my old gamepad.
This wheel looks great and may be ok for pc games --but its sluggish on LFS.
That said it may be just the wheel "I have" as it was secondhand.
I am now going to wait until i can afford a G25-I saw the youtube video and its the dogs.
I had a Wingman GP for 4 years before I discovered LFS and it always worked well. It's still in good shape but I have a Momo and a DFP too so the Wingman is kinda offside right now. You probably just bought a shiity 2nd hand one.
Or you set it up quite badly. Are you sure your settings are fine? What's the problem with it?
main problem is that it is not getting up to speed as fast as my game pad and is getting stuck in gears--the one very positive thing was the brake pedal --on the game pad its all or nothing but with the pedal the corners are way easier.
I probably didn't give it enough time in the set up as I'm fairly new to PCs in general.That would make more sense as the steering didn't take effect until 5 to and 5 past on wheel .
I will give it another go tomorrow.
Thanks for replies--always good to get another perspective on things.
Quote from nighthawk68 :main problem is that it is not getting up to speed as fast as my game pad and is getting stuck in gears--the one very positive thing was the brake pedal --on the game pad its all or nothing but with the pedal the corners are way easier.
I probably didn't give it enough time in the set up as I'm fairly new to PCs in general.That would make more sense as the steering didn't take effect until 5 to and 5 past on wheel .
I will give it another go tomorrow.
Thanks for replies--always good to get another perspective on things.

That sounds like the wheel itself was in bad nick. If nothing was happening for in between 5 to and 5 past, that definitely sounds like a bad wheel. Haven't had a wingman myself, but I tried one in-store. It wasn't bad I thought, especially if used as a novice wheel.
It's a broken one, I'm afraid. Suggestion about braking: If your wheels lock up on full-brake, lower the brake power in the car setup screen. A perfect brake power is around having the wheels almost lock when you apply full brake. I have a DFP and I enjoy every aspect of it. If you can wait for a G25, do it as it is brilliant.
#7 - Jakg
Ideally on the fastest corner of the track you want to have your wheels JUST about to lock so you can slam on the brakes for that corner easily.

This is cheating about though as IRL you could never do it.
Then again, in real racing you have 1) a pressure sensitive brake pedal and 2) forces acting on you, which both allow for much more precise threshold braking than with your standard DFP or G25 pedals.
#9 - dadge
if it's broke, open it up and have a fiddle about. it's already broke so you have nothing to lose. maybe you can tighten the gears (in the wheel) to reduce the deadzone. other than that i would recomend a saitek r440 (force feed back) as a low priced wheel. you can pick one up for £40 new but if you have £40 you might get a DFP (2nd hand). i payed £62 for my DFP (new)a few years ago.

good luck.
Thanks for the replies --I tried the wheel again -with no luck -same problems.It sounds a good idea to have a look inside it, even if I cant get it working -I love taking stuff apart anyway just to see how they work-nothing ventured nothing gained.
I am going to hold out for the G25 -but I have to put money away bit by bit ,my wife already thinks i'm nuts "Playing kids games at 40" her words not mine and when i mentioned the wheel --I got the "look"(if your married you know it)and was told that i should be commited spending 200 euro on "A toy".well its only 3 trips to the hairdresser but I'm not going down that road lol.
Again thanks for the replies and the help
Or probably one dress that would only get worn once. Have fun - you only live once. You can get married over and over again.. haha

Good luck with your wheel.
tell her it's cheaper than the real thing. it also means you leave her alone to get the dishes done
All sooo true LOl--Tks guys
Quote from dadge :if it's broke, open it up and have a fiddle about.

Typical Irish, "Era sure, it'll be grand!"
Or another thing, try removing the deadzones. That hassled me alot when I had my Saitek gamepad. (And first time setting up the G25.)
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Typical Irish, "Era sure, it'll be grand!"

not really, it's broke already, what's the worst that can happen? he breaks it more?
Well, I have a WingMan Formula Force GP and all works fine. As some others said, it might be because it's second hand.
Yup this wheel works good for me. I would love to compare it to a G25 if someone would be kind enough to send one too me:-)
Well, the Wingman Formula (Force) GP is from early 2001, so it's hard to compare it with a G25. I bought mine for 19,- € (2006 or so), the G25 costs about 200 €.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG