The online racing simulator
how fast can you type??
(37 posts, started )
I actually quite like the keys on this thing, they feel nice to touch In a non weird way.
I dunno, I have one of the Apple Aluminium Keyboards which is OK for typing after I get used to it, but if I had to go and use my sisters MacBook, I'd be wandering towards grabbing my older and slightly broken Plastic Apple Keyboard.
#28 - wark
115 WPM certified.

It made me take a special captcha test...
#29 - wark
I was wondering if any Dvorak users have tried this. (I'm not one)

Also, has anyone taken dication or copied professionally? Copying printed text quickly is one thing, but someone's fatigued handwriting is a completely different animal!
I tried learning Dvorak. I failed and ultimately gave up. Maybe I need to learn again. Too bad I have no will.
#31 - wark
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I tried learning Dvorak. I failed and ultimately gave up. Maybe I need to learn again. Too bad I have no will.

It looks scary to me. I would never even attempt learning as doing so would defile my brain.

qwerty/asdf is a thing of beauty—even if it were designed to slow people down.

Another pondering: how do the left-handed typers compare with the right-handed ones?
12 wpm lol
73 wpm... haven't typed a lot of English lately.
I learned blind typing about 8 years ago, and back then I already was fastest in my class. I can get over 100 wpm, but most of the time I can't do it many times in a row, because I really have to try hard. And I make a lot of mistakes, but fortunately I'm fast at recovering from them too

I just got this message:
Quote :
Congrats, you just typed 112 wpm! In order to prevent cheating, we have to ask everyone who gets over 110 wpm in a race to take a short typing test.
If you pass this test, you will not be asked to take it again for any similar scores as long as you remain logged in.
Press "Begin Test" when you are ready to start. You will need to type at least 83 wpm to pass. Don't worry about accuracy - some mistakes are allowed.

Now this:
Quote :Speed: 87 wpm
Accuracy: 100%
Congratulations! You are now certified as able to type 112 wpm!

112 is impressive. Do you type for a living or what?

I'm averaging about 84 wpm.
I've just bastardised a QWERTY into a DVORAK, so I'll see how that works out later
Quote from Electrik Kar :112 is impressive. Do you type for a living or what?

I'm averaging about 84 wpm.

My average is around 95, but sometimes it just goes very well Nah, like I said, I learned how to type at school a long time ago, and back then was fastest.. I type daily, but when I'm just typing like now, it goes a bit slower.

how fast can you type??
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG