The online racing simulator
New server LFS motorway cops
(47 posts, closed, started )
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I don't see why all these "minor" cruise servers are a problem for people...They get maybe 20 visitors a day, but pretty much none of them will stay. Shutting the small ones down won't affect the big cruise servers, who are still going to have their regular users...

Here the point came. I´m not after these small cruise servers so much, but when we talk about those 3 main cruise server wich has got over 30 racers all the time, it´s like 100 guys cruising and the rest is drifting or racing and when we think how many people there is avg online, it´s a big share for cruising. There is those race servers with good combos, but they are all empty... I sometimes go there and hope someone others show up, but it doesnt happen that often.
Kids of today are just too LAZY to have a proper race
My point is though, that those who are on those cruise servers are addicted, much like WoW. Nothing but copious amounts of Nicotine will solve that
Quote from RacerAsh3 :Well i would have thought its pretty obvious that [TC], [LTC] and [CLC] stands out from the rest. I dont think i even have to describe why...

You just lumped your server in with two others, then described it as being uniquely recognisable. Are you so thick that you don't know what words mean, or are you just trying to live up to the cruise server stereotype?
Well said thisnameistaken

Judging by the posts he has made, and the smart replies, i thinking he is worried about something,

If you got nothing better to do Ash stay on TC server, i dont come to TC complaining...

Mick
I would say the 3 main servers are totally unique from others.... They have their own insim systems, properly made and presentable websites... and all the rest :l

Im not saying im totally against this new cruise server.. im just saying that recently, there has been one new cruise server being realease like, DAILY!

And Mkjen? Whats there to be worried about?
Its easy . More servers -> more users -> more s2 -> more money for the devs
Quote from RacerAsh3 :I would say the 3 main servers are totally unique from others....

Not really...In all 3 you cruise around a track to earn money. In all 3 you follow rules or police chase you. In all 3 you have to buy cars to drive them. See a pattern emerging here?

Quote from RacerAsh3 :They have their own insim systems

Since every cruise server doesn't use a centrally-based InSim application, they all have their own.

Quote from RacerAsh3 :properly made and presentable websites

What has a website got to do with an InSim application, which is the topic at hand? Does TC even have a website? I've never seen it, so it's not like it's a major point...

Quote from RacerAsh3 :and all the rest :l

What rest? You've just said two random and meaningless points...

If you can remember, TC only copied the idea from CLC, they aren't original either
#33 - Jakg
I understand what Kev means but theres a HUGE leap of professionalism from LTC, TC & CLC (all using similar, but separately coded InSim apps) to servers like this which is someone wanting to be the "big boss" with £10million and every car, who doesn't even know how to edit a tutorial let alone code the bloody thing.
Quote from Jakg :I understand what Kev means but theres a HUGE leap of professionalism from LTC, TC & CLC (all using similar, but separately coded InSim apps) to servers like this which is someone wanting to be the "big boss" with £10million and every car, who doesn't even know how to edit a tutorial let alone code the bloody thing.

editing a tutorial is pice of cake but when it comes down to coding that's bloody hard.
It's not even a bloody tutorial, it's 100% complete
Quote from dougie-lampkin :It's not even a bloody tutorial, it's 100% complete

Well what ever it is.

and doug great work on the insim.
LFS Forum should have its own version of the Top Gear Cockometer.

Posted a video of your team racing? Cockometer rating: 3
Posted a thread about how racers hate drifters? Cockometer rating: 7
Posted a thread about your new team with one or 2 members? Cockometer rating: 10
Posted a thread about your new server (race, drift, cruise, etc.)? You broke the Cockometer.
Quote from faster111 :Ps yeah i now its annoying don't blame me blame the one who made the open thingy insim.

Quote from faster111 :and doug great work on the insim.

uhm, hahaha. a bit self contradictory.
Hehe
¿Wtf is this?
Shame on you
Quote from dougie-lampkin :If you can remember, TC only copied the idea from CLC, they aren't original either

Its not good to be jealous
I wanna be part of this useless thread here we go with my 5 cents.

Everytime i read threw a thread i need to hear things like F-U-C-K Cruise servers, cruisers should die, burn the cruisers, etc...

Normally in my country (Switzerland) I could take you to court for that... (but as this is a game we shouldn't think about that.)

Now we come to the real facts.

As i connect to LFS Master Server I will see about 400 drivers online driving on LFS....

over 100 ppl, most of the time up to 150 ppl are on Cruise Servers... about 50 are drifting, 10-20 doing drag racings... so about 200 ppl don't race in LFS. So half the community is not in real racing...

As i read the posts of the racing part of the forum i can see that you don't want us in YOUR GAME since YOU paied for a racing sim...

What the hell do you care about us? We provide a lot of money to have the possibility to drive online LFS. We are 50% of all online drivers and YOU little *****s want to tell us to leave the forum, to leave the cruise/drift servers, to stop providing server, making skins, coding useful programms?!!!??...

WHY YOU can't keep away from our servers (most of "da real racer's do) and if you don't connect to our servers just IGNORE US and LEAVE US doing WHAT WE WANT! (That's why you got that tiny little button calles Cruise in the Master Server)....

WE PAIED the same amount as you paid and we have the same rights as you have. So we DONT post crappy shitty hater posts like little crying babies just because we don't like the other half of the community because of their "stupidity" of not racing.....

I just don't get the point about those damn racers who wants to make us cruisers/drifters/draggers leave the game or change our attitude...

I can make my own decisions... and i want to cruise (i was in racing 2 years ago) and if you want to race... so go an race... and if you don't wanna read Cruise Threads.... THEN PRESS ALT+F4.....

So this is my HATER thread and btw....

F U C * RACE SERVER and all those damn haters out there!

PS: Am proud to be part of the Cruising Community :tit:
Quote from eight8acht :Rabble Rabble Rabble...

Why did you just embarrass yourself like that? Have you no honour?

Quote :What the hell do you care about us? We provide a lot of money to have the possibility to drive online LFS. We are 50% of all online drivers and YOU little *****s want to tell us to leave the forum, to leave the cruise/drift servers, to stop providing server, making skins, coding useful programms?!!!??...

No one cares, you don't actually provide any money to the community, you're probably not even close to 50% of the driving community, we're not little *insert whatever you put*, and I don't recall you releasing any software or skins that actually benefit the entire community and stop pretending like 'we' the 'others' owe you something.
Quote from eight8acht :YOU little *****s

F U C * RACE SERVER and all those damn haters out there!

I sue you!
There are a few ways to look at it. Im not going to fall on either side, because either side i fall onto, i get thrashed by the other. I will not hide the fact that for nearly 1 year, i was a member of TC, and for 7 months, was the leader of TC. But that was over 1 year ago now, and i am now part of a Racing team. I still occationally play on the cruise servers, but no-where near as often as I used to.

This isnt meant to offend any party in particular, but, part of the reason some players turn to "cruising" is us. The community. You see alot of new players on servers, and you also see alot of this keybind.

"BLUE FLAG BLUE FLAG MOVE OUT OF MY F***ING WAY N00B".

I dont know about you, but this would be demoralising. This isnt a championship where you are earning $xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx? Why shout at the newbie. Why not educate them rather than "punish" them. It can be annoying, but if you put up with it for a few days, then he will soon pickup the idea and learn.

The reason i turned to cruising was this very thing. In my first race, i was about 10 seconds a lap slower, but i wouldnt have said my driving was dangerous. I was able to stay on track reasonably well, and from previous driving games, i was reasonably aware of the basic rules of racing. If it came up with "BLUE FLAG" i would move to the side and wait for the message to go away.

It was blackwood, and i was driving the XRT. 10 laps if i remember correctly, and due to a pitstop the leaders were coming around to lap me. And, all of a sudden on T2 (the chicane) an FXO comes flying up behind me (the blue flag message didnt come up till it was too late to yeild), and i see the Message "BLUE FLAG BLUE FLAG MOVE OUT MY WAY NOOB" on the screen, followed by a bang and lots of spinning. I then spectate and start typing my appology, saying that i was new and that i couldnt exactly move mid corner without causing a bigger accident. To which i am told; "**** OFF AND LEARN TO DRIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE. WE DONT NEED JACKASSES LIKE YOU RUINING OUR RACE".

This is the reason i turned to crusing in the first place, not because i wanted to, but because i was driven to it by the community, and one player in particular.

On the other hand ;

Too many cruising servers mean that there is always space for anyone who wants to play on it, meaning that first time players who join a cruise server, and get hooked, are never forced to play on a racing server because there are no spaces, meaning that the combined amount of players from the above scenario, and 1st time players getting hooked is nearly equal, if not more than the number of players who actually race.

The people who start up more cruise servers, which are exactly the same as the 3 established ones we already have, arent doing it to add anything to the community, they are doing it so they dont need to spend time earning the money to drive the cars they want. One thing to say to them. Single Player.

Basically, what im trying to say, whilst i see the problem of there being too many cruise servers, its also partially the communities fault for not having the time of day to see out new players. Its not a league, and its not real life racing. Its not a life or death situation, so why get angry with the new racer.

[edit]
I would like to point out there are some good players out there who do try to help the new players, and those players deserve a virtual round of applause for helping the new players learn how to race properly.
OK... reported posts, argument gone out of acceptable range - thread closed.
This thread is closed

New server LFS motorway cops
(47 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG