The online racing simulator
Mafia 2 is Official + screens
(171 posts, started )
Loved the original Mafia game, it was, an interesting game, + it was story motivated !! It was like playing a movie =] Cant wait for this one =]
Quote from JTbo :It looks fine if one has forgot his strong glasses at home, got sand to his eyes and just emerged from dark caves underground after being there for 30 years, then perhaps world would look such as it looks in those pics.

ROFL!

Well, yea, as i said, i would turn that down, we'll see how does that look in motion..

And EK, you have 2 days to find Mafia 1 and tell us your opinions, otherwise i'll call Phlos and he will ban you! Muahahahahahahahahahaapirate:
Quote from NitroNitrous :Bloom effect depends on the game. Usually is quite overdone, but there are some games in wich it´s really good.

I can count two games
Quote from NitroNitrous :So I´m right

PD: Which ones?

HL2: EP1/EP2 and GT5. Regarding the amont of bloom'd games, this is quite bad success rate.
Quote :2K Games announced today that Mafia II, the sequel to the award-winning classic that has sold more than 2 million units worldwide, is currently in development for simultaneous release on PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and Games For Windows platforms.

^ source + screenshots: http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/n ... ase-Announced-Screenshots

Probably ain't big surprise which platform is the main priority... but what you gonna do...

Previously it was "PC version few weeks or months later".

Quote :Previews:

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/ma ... oons/a-200804111125955038
http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/m ... 054/g-2007082111555365089

Moar screenshots:

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/m ... ots/g-2007082111555365089

Quote :Info from Czech magazine:

- Story is primary objective for developers and everything is derivated from it.
- 2 hours of cut-scenes.
- First Mafia was full of cool gangsters and everyone was simply good or bad, Mafia II will be more dramatic, realistic and darker.
- Important relation between Vito and Joe.
- Black humour in Godfellas style.
- Empire City is inspired by New York and San Francisco, 4x4 km, 20 architectonic different districts with maximum accent to details.
- City dominants - Empire State Building, Brooklyn bridge, Golden Gate - all of these buildings will be see on long distance = orientation points.
- Every night is light up different pack of windows on each building .
- People on street will do more actions (take taxis etc.).
- Big interiors (foundry, observatory etc.).
- No loading screen in Empire city, city will load continously during play (also in interiors - you can look through the window and see real happening on the street).
- Cover system (something like Gears of War).
- Something like respect meter.
- You can listen to radio in cars (news, music..).
- Journalists was shocked by sophisticated car damage system.

- There will be about 80 different car models in Mafia 2.
- The game has been in development for almost 5 years, or "almost as long as it took Bunige to release three Halo-games".
- The animations iin the game are incredible. There are 122 different animationsspots in every humans face.
- The plan is not to be in the shadow of GTA 4. They're going to revolutionize the genre. "Our game is serious".
- "This is a playable movie. A playable, interactive gangsterflick, a linear game, extremely storyheavy and with a more serious and mature tone than any other game in the genre. Including the first Mafia."
- 2K Czech thinks that all more games are focusing on the scale of the gamingworld. The bigger the better. 2K Czech however, is going the opposite way, by making Mafia 2 70% of the first game's area.
- The Graphic Engine that is running Mafia 2 has taken nearly 5 years to develop. The details in the game are on the same level as Crysis.
- The Story is centered around Vitor Scarletta. Home from the war, where he got hurt badly, and with not that much money, he and his friend Jerry Barbaro goes on a crime spree. Before Vitor knows what happened, he is doing work for one of the city's Mob-families.
- Empire City is modeled after New York and San Fransisco.
- It is mentioned far too many times to say that Mafia 2 is looking absolutely stunning.

Magazine scans:

Everything sounds awesome. I'm now definitely waiting more this than GTA IV.

Oops, almost forgot one thing. Obviously I can't post to this thread without saying this: bloom sucks.
Bloom.
4x4 km - That's not so huge as i thought.
Quote from deggis :HL2: EP1/EP2 and GT5...

That proves that a game with a well done bloom looks better and more realistic than without bloom
Quote from deggis :
"That isn't to say Mafia II will be a console-led title, as everything else at the presentation suggested heavily that the PC version will, yet again, be the definitive one."

I don't quite get that, will the all three versions look the same or what? I'm planning to buy it for PS3, as my curent computer won't handle it surely..
Sounds awfully like GTA in the 40s..
Quote from Electrik Kar :Sounds awfully like GTA in the 40s..

Wait, what? Really? Are you serious? I never ever would have thought that the Mafia Franchise is basically the same as GTA...

More seriously, I hope that one is going to rock as hard as did part one.
It seems it actually has the same engine as GTA4 but it will be an AWSOME game

see thru windows: GTA4 and Mafia2
Ppl take more actions: GTA4 and Mafia2
Big city: GTA4 and Mafia 2
it wouldnt surprise me if the cars would handle the same, wich arent bad though!
Quote from Electrik Kar :Sounds awfully like GTA in the 40s..

Play the first one and you'll see how much it had "common" with GTA

Quote from Scrabby :It seems it actually has the same engine as GTA4 but it will be an AWSOME game

Eh... not true
I hate bloom, I don't want the game to be like looking through brownglass I want to see pure colours with no alterations after the skinning of the models. Other than Smoke and Flames of course.
I'd just like to say Mafia has always OWNED GTA, because Mafia is more realistic in alot of ways, than GTA. You can't carry insane amounts of weapons, you can't ricochet of other cars and get away with it, the only thing that did suck was the unbelievable speed of the cops, even if you were in the same car as them!
Quote from BlueFlame : the only thing that did suck was the unbelievable speed of the cops, even if you were in the same car as them!

and the 3th person aim system sucks donkeyballs. I lost count of how many times i tried to shoot someone and hitting a wall or car instead.

I really hope Mafia2 will have an option to toggle between 1st and 3rd person view.
Quote from kingfag :and the 3th person aim system sucks donkeyballs. I lost count of how many times i tried to shoot someone and hitting a wall or car instead.

I really hope Mafia2 will have an option to toggle between 1st and 3rd person view.

Yea, it did suck, but it wasn't THAT bad, i'd miss about 1 shot, but it depends what kind of range you are at.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'd just like to say Mafia has always OWNED GTA

And i'd like to say that LFS always OWNED FIFA!!
Quote from Boris Lozac :And i'd like to say that LFS always OWNED FIFA!!

? Are you trying to be funny? The comparison he made works, yours doesn't.

And yes, mafia > GTA
Quote from sgt.flippy :? Are you trying to be funny? The comparison he made works, yours doesn't.

And yes, mafia > GTA

They are completely different games, so yes, my post IS funny, Mafia was never about open world-do what you want-kill as much pedestrians as you can kinda game, it's about great story line, GTA is just plain fun factor..
Quote from Boris Lozac :They are completely different games, so yes, my post IS funny, Mafia was never about open world-do what you want-kill as much pedestrians as you can kinda game, it's about great story line, GTA is just plain fun factor..

I agree, but that's my point, it owns GTA because of the more realistic element to the game.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Can't wait to come home and watch it! Nod

Mafia 2 is Official + screens
(171 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG