The online racing simulator
K, well makes sense. Exept that once the leader goes with the SC those half a lap behind will probably not catch th SC aftr the s/f line once they slow down. Anyways. Just think about it and do what you think is best.
Fantastic race, congratulations to Hibex awesome back to back warm up race wins and great driving by all, thanks.

Public apology to Ben (Core Racing) who i hit under yellows. I was talking on TS and trying to type admin stuff at the time.

No excuse, looked up and you had already slowed. Terrible driving by me, sorry.

Quote :
Maz has just pointed out on TS that there may be a language barrier issue. If you don't understand anything, please ask someone - we will happily help

Not so much of a problem, just a concern. FRO admins come from England, Germany, Finland, Sweden, Belgium, Holland and most European languages can be handled.

If we get the racers through the server and inform them then we can get them up to speed with TS and use of. I think after the first two events its critical to smooth running.

A few other comments:

1) Safety car procedure.

This cannot be a variable, must be written in stone what is going to happen under Yellow flags. As hardened road racers need to know clearly what will happen with these situations. I slowed, increased speed and was unsure myself in the yellow's today it isnt easy to read messages being past in the txt chat when driving.

This aspect of the rules is the most alien to road racers and i think the biggest danger for the race and admins to control. Making this very clear and easy to understand is vital i think.

Also, it should be a standard procedure not a variable in my opinion. Crash, yellow, slow no pass and line up behind car for 2 or 3 laps.

2) Pitting.

Again this needs absolute clarification. Exactly when you can pit. Conditions of, speed etc. People where passing after pit lane entry, inside the cones.

2) Timings.

Clear timings. At 4pm qualifying starts with drivers meeting of 5 mins. Then 30 mins or 1hr qualifying 1 flying lap. Then clear timings for the race.

This will really help us i think as we can issue clear instructions in multiple languages to the racers and they will know clearly what to expect and exactly when.

3) TXT Chat.

This has to stop. Cannot be as it is to confusing and requires racers to read every message. If the rules are clear enough and all racers are confirmed as knowing them there is nothing to talk about.

Abuse of messaging is dangerous to the event and racers should be penalized.

4) Blue Flags.

Are cars under blue flags allowed to race with cars further up the race order? should there be a limit? ie, cars that are more than -2 laps should move aside for leaders and let them go? a clear instruction/rule here i think needs to be in place.

Today's event i think was a major leap forward from last weeks, starts much much better. Keep it coming guys, going to be a hell of a event with 50 plus cars trying to qualify for the 32 slots on the grid. Makings of a awesome event, thanks organizing team, your doing a great job.

Best, Maz
sorry i dident come back after i got rid of this spyware i had a power cut lol , i mean what else .
Quote from Mazar :Fantastic race, congratulations to Hibex awesome back to back warm up race wins and great driving by all, thanks.

Public apology to Ben (Core Racing) who i hit under yellows. I was talking on TS and trying to type admin stuff at the time.

No excuse, looked up and you had already slowed. Terrible driving by me, sorry.

Oh, that was no big deal. No damage, anyway.

The reason I left was that the admins let that guy Grainger keep driving around and running into people, even after he'd been kicked once. Was a bit too much ridiculousness for me at that point.
cars are lead lap and lapped cars
eg.
today i was in 5th place and abour 2.50s away from 4th got it down to about 1.8ish and he had caught and lapped a back marker now you need a clear rule that say weather or not 4th place can use the lapped car to draft with or weather the lapped car has to allow 4th to go far enough ahead so there is no draft.

because to me its unfair on 3rd and 5th if 4th has a back marker to draft with surely he should be racing 3rd and 5th not useing lapped cars

but its your race its yours to decide

ps. i am english but i have dislexia so sorry for the misstakes and some of it might not make sence lol
Quote :because to me its unfair on 3rd and 5th if 4th has a back marker to draft with surely he should be racing 3rd and 5th not useing lapped cars

In that situation the danger is that 4th brings with him a back marker into effectively a battle for the lead. Although the back marker may be able to draft with a faster racer he should not be in a lead battle as his presence in a 3 car battle would most likely determine the race finish..the opposite is also possible (in that the backmarker could be faster) and a car a lap down drafting with the leaders is still also of course still racing the cars behind him.

Quote :Oh, that was no big deal. No damage, anyway.

Great

Quote :
The reason I left was that the admins let that guy Grainger keep driving around and running into people, even after he'd been kicked once. Was a bit too much ridiculousness for me at that point

J.Grainger was kicked earlier this week from the #4 server for more or less the same things. He was kicked while he was about to be vote banned by other racers on the server. Also, he was kicked this morning during races and managed to hit at least one other car while on the formation grid!

Best, Maz
About the SC rule - The SC will stop on track / creep along slowly until the cars catch up. Of course you can't catch something going the same speed as you when you have a massive gap

How about...:

"As soon as the caution is called, racing is stopped. An immediate no overtaking rule will be enforced. Cars are to slow down to safety car speed and proceed around the track until they reach the SC. The SC will remain stationary or at a suitable speed until cars have caught up"
Quote :"As soon as the caution is called, racing is stopped. An immediate no overtaking rule will be enforced. Cars are to slow down to safety car speed and proceed around the track until they reach the SC. The SC will remain stationary or at a suitable speed until cars have caught up"

Sounds perfect.

Best, Maz
Thanks for coming everyone.

I'm gonna go through everyone's issues one by one below.

A couple of things we know will have improved by the next one:
  1. Me, Deko and Joe will be there all the time, and not wasting your time playing scrabble
  2. Our rather swanky insim system (thanks to mcgas001) should be operative, albeit in an alpha (and unfinished) state. However, this should improve several aspects of the evening.
Quote from TFalke55 :I think we are speaking about the beginning of a caution. The Pits will be closed, visualisized by an InSim, and audiosized by the Admins on Teamspeak, and the SC is waiting on the Start/finish line for the leader and then you go on. When the Pits are opened you can catch up to the last man in the row behind the SC.

Quote from JO53PHS :About the SC rule - The SC will stop on track / creep along slowly until the cars catch up. Of course you can't catch something going the same speed as you when you have a massive gap

How about...:

"As soon as the caution is called, racing is stopped. An immediate no overtaking rule will be enforced. Cars are to slow down to safety car speed and proceed around the track until they reach the SC. The SC will remain stationary or at a suitable speed until cars have caught up"

I agree with that Joe.

Quote from Mazar :

Not so much of a problem, just a concern. FRO admins come from England, Germany, Finland, Sweden, Belgium, Holland and most European languages can be handled.

If we get the racers through the server and inform them then we can get them up to speed with TS and use of. I think after the first two events its critical to smooth running.

Might we need to translate any rules/other things into other languages? Any volunteers? (I only speak fairly bad French and Spanish)

Quote from Mazar : 1) Safety car procedure.

This cannot be a variable, must be written in stone what is going to happen under Yellow flags. As hardened road racers need to know clearly what will happen with these situations. I slowed, increased speed and was unsure myself in the yellow's today it isnt easy to read messages being past in the txt chat when driving.

This aspect of the rules is the most alien to road racers and i think the biggest danger for the race and admins to control. Making this very clear and easy to understand is vital i think.

Also, it should be a standard procedure not a variable in my opinion. Crash, yellow, slow no pass and line up behind car for 2 or 3 laps.

See the above on the rule change. (as you pointed out above)

Quote from Mazar : 2) Pitting.

Again this needs absolute clarification. Exactly when you can pit. Conditions of, speed etc. People where passing after pit lane entry, inside the cones.

Pit lane openness (sorry for inventing a word ) is covered by the insim. The pit lane entry/exit rule will be strictly enforced.

You may overtake on the pit entry/exit, but is obviously more risky and more likely to earn you a penalty, and so we discourage it.

Quote from Mazar : 3) Timings.

Clear timings. At 4pm qualifying starts with drivers meeting of 5 mins. Then 30 mins or 1hr qualifying 1 flying lap. Then clear timings for the race.

This will really help us i think as we can issue clear instructions in multiple languages to the racers and they will know clearly what to expect and exactly when.

You suggested this on TS last night and I completely agree.

We should have some stone-set schedules for the next one.

Quote from Mazar : 4) TXT Chat.

This has to stop. Cannot be as it is to confusing and requires racers to read every message. If the rules are clear enough and all racers are confirmed as knowing them there is nothing to talk about.

Abuse of messaging is dangerous to the event and racers should be penalized.

Covered by insim.

Quote from Mazar : 5) Blue Flags.

Are cars under blue flags allowed to race with cars further up the race order? should there be a limit? ie, cars that are more than -2 laps should move aside for leaders and let them go? a clear instruction/rule here i think needs to be in place.

Hmm. I watched Niko 'race' those on the lead lap. Personally, I don't have a problem as long as they don't cause an accident. However, for practical reasons, there should be a rule in place for this. I will discuss it.

Quote from Mazar : Today's event i think was a major leap forward from last weeks, starts much much better. Keep it coming guys, going to be a hell of a event with 50 plus cars trying to qualify for the 32 slots on the grid. Makings of a awesome event, thanks organizing team, your doing a great job.

Cheers Maz. I was pleased with the starts we had.

This is the first practice evening, and these evenings are designed to iron out any bugs in the system before the big race, so that it goes as well as possible.
Quote from J@tko :
Might we need to translate any rules/other things into other languages? Any volunteers? (I only speak fairly bad French and Spanish)

I'm going to translate it to german this very week. I should be finished with the new LFSCART rulebook version by wednesday. So this would also be the date when I finish the translation. I'm going to talk with zsmy to get sure that everyone can understand what is meant.
Quote from J@tko :
Hmm. I watched Niko 'race' those on the lead lap. Personally, I don't have a problem as long as they don't cause an accident. However, for practical reasons, there should be a rule in place for this. I will discuss it.

Hmm just came back from the IndyCar.com-Page: There are blue-flags with an orange stripe to show that a faster car is coming, but there was nowhere standing that it is madentory to let the car pass. Somewhere else I read, that this flag is only an advisitive flag. The Flag rules can be found here http://www.indycar.com/tech/flags.php
One major problem of US single seater motorsports: The sporting rules are not online avaidable The F1 rules are avaidable over fia.com, the DTM rules are avaidable over dmsb.de, WTCC and ETCC over fiawtcc.com and fiaetcc.com.

OT: something for the 2009 Kyoto 500: The original Qualifying procedure: http://www.indycar.com/tech/qualifying.php
Quote from J@tko :Thanks for coming everyone.

I'd offer, but solely for Niko, can't be bothered. And my Estonian is as good as my Swedish which is as good as you'd expect from a finnish-speaking Finn, so no point there either.

But seriously, I've actually got a point: If you use a teamspeak channel where interesting info is distributed, just selfishly require to use English (or other "majority" language, who knows if we all know Danish). Trust me, it'll be better and easier. And there'll be less disinformation.
For cars entering pit road under yellow, I'd suggest keeping the cars going in at safety car speed, and no overtaking going into pit road, or out of. The position you cross the line in will be the position you stay in when you reach the safety car. (Speeding up to reach the safety car from leaving pit road would be feasible, as not to cause incident from the safety car slowing in front of the cars that didn't pit.)
I can do the french translation if given enough time. Stupid school -_-. (BTW, I go to a french school with IB)
There will be another practice evening in the next week or so.

Don't worry - we haven't forgotten

I've been really busy with work recently, so Deko and Joe are in charge until my exams are done.
Jack, whats the pass for the new server i got you guys?
got it thanks!
I'd like to do a practice session this Saturday, but want to do it at a time that doesn't conflict with LFSCART.

I'm thinking aroudn 1400 UTC ? Do an hour of FP followed
by qual and race (counted as two individual sessions, like last week)

Let me know what works for you.

Also, what about Sunday ?

d
i need to talk to deko, joe, or jack about the PM program we had for the LFSBC.
Quote from NtrlBrnRacer :i need to talk to deko, joe, or jack about the PM program we had for the LFSBC.

That was a really awesome program
Quote from dekojester :I'd like to do a practice session this Saturday, but want to do it at a time that doesn't conflict with LFSCART.

I'm thinking aroudn 1400 UTC ? Do an hour of FP followed
by qual and race (counted as two individual sessions, like last week)

Let me know what works for you.

Also, what about Sunday ?

d

Oh god - not another thing on Saturday

Ive got this, LFSCART and H2H

Sunday - no can do (unless its late in the evening) - im off to Rockingham to watch the F3/GT meeting

EDIT THAT: F3/GT is on B/H Monday. So Sunday is fine for me

Quote from evilpimp :That was a really awesome program

I have it
So how's it gonna be then this weekend? Saturday is quite full, GP2 is on at 1400.
So, Sunday,1400 UTC?
We're just waiting for deko to confirm. He should be here in a mo.

EDIT: Just as I write this, he has come online
I won't be able to attend this practice session as I am heading out of town. Also, the PDF sheet has yet to be updated, I haven't seen mine or other's practice session counts updated.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG