The online racing simulator
Ferrari Callifornia
(35 posts, started )
Ferrari Callifornia
Well i thought since ferrari have unveiled this new car i'd share the info about it.

Quote : Just days after Ferrari launched the teaser site for its new GT, the first full images and details of the Ferrari California have been revealed. Even though the countdown timer on the teaser site still indicates there's a week to go before the next info reveal, the countdown itself is little more than a formality.

Like other modern Ferraris, this one is fabricated from aluminum to keep mass under control. The 460 hp 4.3L V8 is the first from Maranello to use direct injection while following the racing tradition of using a flat-plane crankshaft. This car of firsts also debuts the production application of a dual clutch gearbox from Ferrari. The 7-speed unit is mounted in a rear transaxle configuration and should provide smoother shifting and even better performance than the existing hydraulically-actuated units that Ferrari currently uses. Acceleration to 60 mph should come in under 4.0 seconds.

The California is also Ferrari's first retractable hardtop convertible. From the shape of the hood scoop and headlights to the sweep of the rear fenders and vents behind the front wheels this car obviously draws on the heritage of the original 1960s 250 GT California. At the same time, it's blended with modern Ferrari design elements drawn from the current F430 and 599.

Here's some pics. http://www.autoblog.com/photos/ferrari-california/802548/

I'll scan the review from topgear in when i have time.
Looks like a mix of Fiorano, Scaglietti, and Modena...
Apparently it's a cross between an F430 and a 599.

btw could a mod correct my spelling of california please i only saw i'd spelt it wrong when i posted it.
#4 - ajp71
Oh dear
The car or the thread?
#6 - Jakg
Is this a joke?

It's a 575 with Merc CLS lights ffs.
Nope it's their newest car.
Sort of reminds me of an Aston.
Ye, but it's a bloody nice looking car in my view
#10 - wark
Looks like an Italian impression of German 2-seaters. And they named it after my state. :P

Edit: I see there used to be a Ferrari California in the 1960s, so this is just a remake. Looks nice!
It is gonna be shown at the Ferrari dealer over here (Ferrari of Silicon Valley)... they bring lots of new releases and rare cars around here. Saw an F50 GT and some old rare classics . Maybe I'll get some pics of it.
Quote from wark :
Edit: I see there used to be a Ferrari California in the 1960s, so this is just a remake. Looks nice!

IMO, it will never top the original 250 California, this is just the zenith of the classic roadster:
Attached images
1958_ferrari_250californiaspyder2.jpg
Ugliest ferrari ever made, even the polo (or whatever it was) with an F40 bodykit on it looked better.

EDIT: Doesn't look as bad on these pictures from the ones ive seen.
i think this is quite a nice ferrari. i like the lines on the rear half a lot.
Quote from jayhawk :IMO, it will never top the original 250 California, this is just the zenith of the classic roadster:

I agree. Also they´re fetching quite a good price at auctions these days.

And I think this new one looks pretty good. Not as good as the 1960´s version though.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Ugliest ferrari ever made, even the polo (or whatever it was) with an F40 bodykit on it looked better.

I totally agree. It would look nice if it read Fiat on the hood, but a Ferrari....
cute, but it just doesnt look like a Ferrari to me.
I don't think it looks that bad. I'm just tired of seeing those sh*tty tin can lights on the back of all Ferraris.
I like it and it´s well designed
I don't mind the front, actually I really like it, but the rear! How they arranged the exhaust pipes is...strange. I didn't like that on the IS-F, and I don't on this.
Ferrari's response to Merc's SLK? .

Fairly cool car but as Becky said, doesn't really symbolise what Ferrari is about.
The rear is dead ugly, the front is too "happy and cute" and ugly too. The car doesn't look like a Ferrari and defenately does not look good imho.
The front looks ugly IMO. For the rest it looks good, but not fantastic...
#24 - wark
Quote from jayhawk :the zenith of the classic roadster

If the dawn of the classic roadster were the Jaguar XKSS, how could the Ferrari California be its zenith?
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
I really like cars that are simple and with clean designs, not filled with little details. I find some of the newer Ferraris (like this one) a little too finicky and would prefer something with more of a clean, smooth, minimalist design. And the rear end...hmmm! I won't make my mind up completely until I've seen one in the skin, but for now it's not close to being my favourite Ferrari of recent years (which is still the 355. I'll take a red one please).

Ferrari Callifornia
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG