The online racing simulator
Thank You!
Great interface, and THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the replay rewind funktion.
Great patch!!!!!
Also the intro/main menu screen is much better.
Replay options Great !
Quote from Franke :
As it is now, IF someone finishes 1 lap behind they are registered as -1 lap, but if someone finishes 2 or more laps behind it is listed as +2 laps or +3 laps...

Can this please be changed to EITHER - laps OR + laps

OK, it was just a small error in the Danish translation, I've fixed it now so that will be ok in the next patch.

Quote from 510N3D :After i have restarted LFS to see what happens then, the yellow bar is going to the very end again but now it is stopping where i have clicked to (or the yellow bar should be)...

Thanks, I can reproduce the bug by watching the replay you posted. I guess it will be easy to fix.
No, I will not respond. I have made a note of every bug posted on this thread but I will not write a message for every one "Hi, I've added it to my notes".

Thank you for the bug reports. The thing to do is just check when the next test patch comes out. At that point, please check that any bug you reported has been fixed. In the rare case that I somehow missed one and failed to fix it, please do remind me of the missed bug.

This is the way I have found is the most efficient way for me to work.
Haven't checked out the replay feature yet but I have a couple of comments:

a) I think the layout of the pages under the "Options" menu needs work. They're all a bit fussy at the moment and if you scroll through the pages things seem to pop up in random places on the screen.

b) I'm not keen on the buttons in the screen cornners. Don't like the way they are bordered by the actual screen edge, to me it makes it all look a bit unfinished. Also, I don't like the colours, I feel they're too garish, (especially the orange). Less saturated colours would look more sophisticated in my opinion.

Little things I know but they all add to the overall impression of a professional product. Not something that needs time now, but definitely before the final product.
Quote from gezmoor :Also, I don't like the colours, I feel they're too garish, (especially the orange). Less saturated colours would look more sophisticated in my opinion.

That's why there is the interface menu, where you can change the colours to whatever you like :shhh:
Quote from AndroidXP :That's why there is the interface menu, where you can change the colours to whatever you like :shhh:

oopss

Even so, I would still think the defaults should be more sophisticated. First impressions and all that.
I think it's great, well done.
Quote from gezmoor :a) I think the layout of the pages under the "Options" menu needs work. They're all a bit fussy at the moment and if you scroll through the pages things seem to pop up in random places on the screen.

Any examples?

I think the options screens are quite consistent, not *fully* consistent because each has its own special coding because of each one's different needs and purposes.

Sometimes it may seem random, for example "skins in memory" on the misc options page. But that's some spare space and there are skin related options on that page, so it's not really random. It would be quite a bad idea to make a special page for that info - which isn't the most vital info at all but is nice to know and is happily tucked away in the misc options screen. On the view menu there are a couple of things that appear on the right, but they are 100% related to what's on the left.

Anyway I have no real idea what you mean, I can only guess because you didn't give any examples. The options screens get a little rearrangement every now and then but I don't see any real problems with them at the moment.

Quote from gezmoor :b) I'm not keen on the buttons in the screen cornners. Don't like the way they are bordered by the actual screen edge, to me it makes it all look a bit unfinished. Also, I don't like the colours, I feel they're too garish, (especially the orange). Less saturated colours would look more sophisticated in my opinion.

Corner buttons are the easiest to click. It's mostly about ease of use and clear distinctions. I didn't design most of the colours but I am quite happy with them. I think the orange-red (cancel / back) buttons are designed to go with the logo.
Is it already suggested to add slow motion buttons to the replay bar? I just downloaded the new patch, tried it and it was the first thing that came to my mind.

And I'm not sure if I have edited background images, but the options menus could do without really. Makes a lot of stuff hard to read for me. I'm sorry if I don't have the original files, maybe the normal ones don't have this problem, but I can't remember
Quote from Scawen :
EDIT : Although, for MPRs an easier thing could in fact be done, than a perfect game state save suitable for an SPR, using something like an MPR header. In short I imagine that will be done at some point but not in Patch Z.

EDIT 2 : You have got me thinking... anyway, it's on my notes now but I don't know when it will be done as I do have quite a lot of urgent things to do.

Hey, on-demand mpr-header creation is what i am currently working on for the next major release of mprEdit
Scawen, I'll let you know when I'm finished so you can take over my code (lol, just kidding :tilt
Quote from Scawen :
Thanks, I can reproduce the bug by watching the replay you posted. I guess it will be easy to fix.

Glad i could help. Im just confused that im unable to reproduce the bug which i have mentioned in first place (yellow bar goes all the way to the end of the replay and it would not stop at the point where i have clicked to). Im 100% sure it was as i've reported it and now i feel a bit fooled since im unable to reproduce this again. Anyway, i guess when this is fixed it doesn't really matter anymore.
Quote from dan12s :i need help and very quick
i go to go on lfs and it says cant load font please help me i got an event in an hour and half

I've been able to reproduce this on Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
If I do a fresh install of LFS version Y, it runs ok, if I then update it to Y19, I get this error.
All previous installs of LFS will update without any problems, (I've been able to update from Y and Y18 without any issues), but I've now done 3 fresh installs and updated them, and got the same error each time. The fresh install will run ok prior to the update being run.

Screenshot of the error attached. Note - the mouse isn't visable in the screenshot for some reason, but it is bound to the lfs box in the top left, I need to use 'Alt-TAB' to be able to close the error box which then closes LFS.
Attached images
no_font.jpg
Are you sure the patch was installed correctly?

There is a file data\abc\lfs.abc in the patch and the file date is 8th May 2008 / 19:59.

If there is an old font file there, the new patch will not run, and would just show that error message.
Just check that folder, the file is there and dated as you say it should be.
Screenshot attached.
Attached images
lfs_abc.jpg
OK found it
Y18 and earlier, LFS will run fine whether you run it as Admin or not.
Y19, you need to run the LFS.exe as Admin or you get the 'font not found' error.
This is on Vista Ultimate 64 bit, I've not tested it on other Vista versions.

This also only applies to a fresh install and update. Older installs will update without any issues.
Im on Vista Bussines 64 Bits, and I never had problems with fonts. I have 3 users in windows, they all are set as admins
Sounds like some stupid issue with Vista being over protective as usual to the point where you can't use your own computer.
Tested it now on Vista Home Premium 64 bit, works ok on that without the lfs.exe needing to be 'run as admin'.
Could someone else with Vista Ultimate test this?
Both 32 and 64 bit.
I've found that since Vista Sp1 (64 bit) I've had to run LFS as admin to get it to work. The same can be said for some other games as well, so I don't think it's got much to do with LFS.

Edit: Well (tested again), it seems I don't need to do that anymore. Heh, just adding to the confusion I guess...
Both the Ultimate and Home Premium versions I'm running, are updated to SP1.
In fact, the Home Premium version, is an SP1 install disk.
Good job on making replays more usable!
Running fine on Vista Ultimate 32 bit SP1 and did not need to allow administrator.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y19 (and Y20) Replay Controls
(417 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG