The online racing simulator
The cars are in the wrong order...
they should be...

UF1 XFG XRG RB4 FXO

XRT LX4 FZ5 RAC LX6

This is the order they will 'generally' finish in on any track when driven by AI in a mixed race.
Who said the cars are sorted by speed?
Quote from Karoti :they should be...

XRT LX4 FZ5 RAC LX6

Only cars you should drive.

Quote from AndroidXP :Who said the cars are sorted by speed?

That isn't speed... it's the finishing order, the LX6 certainly hasn't got the legs of the FZ5 for instance, but will always beat it.
#5 - garph
Not really sure what your point is?
Durr yes, I didn't mean maximum speed but speed over the race, which = finishing order. Who said they are/should be sorted by finishing order? Or why should the AI be an indicator for that? Why do you assume there is a method to the sorting, other than a basic grouping of the car classes?
Quote from Karoti :That isn't speed... it's the finishing order, the LX6 certainly hasn't got the legs of the FZ5 for instance, but will always beat it.

It depends on the track. On high speed tracks (example: oval) the car with the higher top-speed will wil.

How can you say the order is wrong if you don't know how they are sorted? You can sort them alfabeticly, on weight, color, passenger seats etc).
Quote from marzman :It depends on the track. On high speed tracks (example: oval) the car with the higher top-speed will will.

You would think so, but LX6 still wins even though it's around 15 mph slower
Quote from garph :Not really sure what your point is?

Sorry, I thought this was a discussion forum.
Quote from Karoti :Sorry, I thought this was a discussion forum.

It is, I just don't know what you're trying to say, I wasn't saying, don't make posts.

All I wanted was for you to explain why and what your post is about? What do you want from this discussion? The cars finish in a certain order when driven by the AI...I don't understand why that means something or what needs to be talked about?

Are you just trying to say that the FZ5 is faster in a straight line and should beat the LX6?

If so the LX6 is much lighter, faster into the turns (braking much later), through the turns and out of the turn that means it just quicker round the track.
OK, let me come at it from a different direction... leaving the single seater's aside, a novice might start at the top of the list (UF1) and work through the cars, but they are not necessarily in the best order for ease of driving.... please feel free to disagree
#13 - JJ72
unfortunately novices nowadays usually just go straight for the BF1.
In my opinion its perfect as it is.

They are ordered by what kind of car they are.
Single seaters from the slowest to fastest, GTR's also from slowest to fastest with some doubts about UFR and XFR, then reasonably fast road cars, and at the top stock road cars and 2 (LX) that don't fit in the other categories.
I see what he's saying... and I kind of agree. I think maybe the LX4/6 should be moved down to the second row and take the place of the RB4 and... the XRT... maybe. But whatever the case, the LX4/6 should be kept together.
Quote from spankmeyer :
Quote from Karoti :they should be...

XRT LX4 FZ5 RAC LX6

Only cars you should drive.

Heh, couldn't agree more.
since when did the order of the cars in the menu matter so much? Its not going to chop 2 seconds off of your latest RB4 hotlap if its in the 1st row.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :since when did the order of the cars in the menu matter so much? Its not going to chop 2 seconds off of your latest RB4 hotlap if its in the 1st row.

It doesn't matter, there are far worse things in the world!!

The order should just be a guide for beginners and the LX6 (ok & LX4) probably deserve to be on the second row on that basis.
the first car i went for in s2 was XRR lol.. but i think the cars order is fine how it is and most new people go for BF1 anyway.
If it was sorted according to difficulty, shouldn't RB4 and FXR be there right after UF1
Why is one order any valid from another? What differentiates them?

Do racers really expect them to be in a specific order? Are the slower ones supposed to be before the faster? Is it ordered by historical or class relevance?

I'm asking a serious question here. What are the set of expectations you hold? Qualify your statement.
Presumably he means that they should be in the order that a new player should drive them, starting with the easiest/slowest, and progressing to the most difficult/fastest. Right?

I don't think it matters in the big scheme of things, I'd rather see dev time going into serious business, rather than trivial stuff, even if it only takes 8.3 seconds to re-order them

BTW, XFR was the first car I went for, couldn't resist it's bodykit <3
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Presumably he means that they should be in the order that a new player should drive them, starting with the easiest/slowest, and progressing to the most difficult/fastest. Right?

But there is no order in which a new player should drive the cars.

Just drive what you like.
Quote from zeugnimod :But there is no order in which a new player should drive the cars.

Just drive what you like.

Technically no, but to be anal about it, you should "hone" your skills in the lower powered cars, before tackling bigger stuff. Like CTRA's license system, or even the lesson modules in LFS They both start with small cars, and lead up to bigger cars as you get better...

As you say though, it doesn't matter...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Presumably he means that they should be in the order that a new player should drive them, starting with the easiest/slowest, and progressing to the most difficult/fastest. Right?

I'd argue that the order given (the order the AI finishing) isn't the same as the order that a new player should drive them though

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG