The online racing simulator

Poll : You can't participate:

Closed since :
Quote from Bob Smith :Seems you all have better English than most of the people that turn up to the UK meets, so no problems with the language barrier.

Don't work like that. Written yes, verbal no.

And someone'll probably check the flights, I'm gonna watch Top Gear now
Same here. Written yes, verbal no.

Edit: And if you must stay over night in Finland, I see no problem to let someone sleep in our apartment. You are not an axe killer, right?
Quote from Bob Smith :Flights

How much to Helsinki-Vantaa?

I might be able to give you a lift to Tampere.
That is if you dare step in my car...
I'll join the meeting
Quote from Bob Smith :Figures there must be plenty of Finnish sites that do it. If the time and price were lower, I could go for that. Always fancied visiting.

Check Ryanair, one way flight from London (Stansted) to Tampere £ 50 taxes included, and return is even cheaper.
Ryanair - Now old farts can also travel.
(Sorry, tried to find the tv-commercial from youtube but failed)
Aren't you guys just gonna go get pissed in a sauna instead of LFS?

Quote from Gekkibi :Ryanair - Now old farts can also travel.

Wasn't that blue1?

I'm pretty interested, but somehow I feel that I'm not gonna find time / money (I'm very stingy of my money) so I could get to there.
Hmm... Drinking, grilling and saun(ing?)... Ahh. Sounds perfect.
Sauna, becuase Sauna is already a verb (along with being a noun), so you can't really make it into an ing word.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Aren't you guys just gonna go get pissed in a sauna instead of LFS?

Who says you can't play LFS in the sauna?
Electronics dislike sauna.
Quote from frokki :Check Ryanair, one way flight from London (Stansted) to Tampere £ 50 taxes included, and return is even cheaper.

Thanks, much more reasonable, both in terms of price and time. 4 hours to London from here, can usually get train tickets for peanuts too.

Hmm, all very tempting. I'll keep an eye on the goings on. Prefer if I had someone to go with. I think I need to go bug Madman_CZ.
I'm intrested as long as there's beer around.

Can't say for sure just yet, need to get the exact date at least to say ja or nein.
The track and the cars in Kaanaa Karting look promising, and the price ain't bad either!
There's also a barbecue, sauna and cafeteria if there is enough people for a private event...

edit: "suljettu juhlapyhisin"
Quote from frokki :The track and the cars in Kaanaa Karting look promising, and the price ain't bad either!

I have multiple friends who drives karts weeksly. They also prefer Kaanaa over suzukart.
Im in if it's in Tampere and if the date is suitable. I'll stay away from motorized vehicles, but might just hang around anyways.

(Gotta get into LFS again.. over a half years break from it now.. Gotta get things in priority, danmed!)
I wish I still lived in Finland ;(
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Electronics dislike sauna.

Depends. My friend had TV in sauna, we watched WHC (=World Hockey Championships) there once, was nice. I have no idea how they did it, his dad does all kinds of crazy things in their house.
And I know a sauna where were fridge. It wasn't efficient solution, however.

But we are ready to do anything to enjoy cold beer while we are in sauna.
Well, I think we have about 3 different choises so far:
1) karting
2) pick some motor racing event and spend the day watching other people doing racing, drinking beer and being silly
3) indoor LFS event with the possibility to test the 401

It is important to notice that every one of these options is in different city so each requires different preparations for travels and local coordination as well.

The karting is probably the cheapest while the indoor LFS event is prolly the most expensive. As for group event the racing event is probably the worst choise because it would basically be just camping and watching racing all day. Something you can do better with smaller group. And as a motorsport event, there are lots of people everywhere so every place is full of people. Indoor LFS event has its benefits too. For small groups it would guarantee that people get to know each others, especially when there is no place to hide indoors. Testing the 401 is something everyone wants to test period. But also means being indoors for the better part of the day.

I could get a "summer cottage" for us "for free" but I'm a bit afraid if we burned the whole place down lol. We would have electricity and running water but the place would also be 200km+ from nearest airport, basically in the middle of nowhere and probably a bit wrong type of environment for this kind of thing.

What ever we choose, we could do some barbequeing/outdoor stuff after the event if weather is nice and later on in the evening continue the smack talk in some bar.

Can someone think some other options than those three as the main event of the day?
Quote from Hyperactive :Can someone think some other options than those three as the main event of the day?

"Savusauna". If Bob Smith is coming, I'm going to out-löyly him out from the sauna!

Karting sounds the best of those three (Watching racing is... Well... Not so interactive and playing racing simulator? We already do that online).
Hyperactive - karting always seems to work well (preferably outdoors), while simracing is less interesting as for this crowd, it's nothing new. Although adding a 401 would certainly make some LFS more interesting. If it could be combined with some outdoors-ness (tough since I doubt you're gonna get a 401 in your lounge, and industrial estates aren't the easier place for a barbeque), that could be a winner.

Quote from Gekkibi :"Savusauna". If Bob Smith is coming, I'm going to out-löyly him out from the sauna!

Convert to English please so I know what I might be up against.
I have no problems with a sauna although you might see bits of me you had rather you hadn't.
Quote from Bob Smith :Convert to English please so I know what I might be up against.

You don't want to know

Well, nothing too gay, Gekkibi wants to stay in the hot smoke sauna longer than you

Speaking of, I've never been in a smoke sauna!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG