The online racing simulator

Poll : You can't participate:

Closed since :
LFS-users meeting in Finland (Part 2)
Me and couple of other LFS users would like to arrange a meeting to all LFS users (Of course not just for finns. Naturally everyone is invited. But I doubt not many others would come ). "Neutral" location for this would be in Tampere (Sure, I live there, but because of railway lanes, it is easy to come from everywhere. And those who lives too far away to use railways [6+ hours on a train is pain in the arse... Literally], they could always fly because of we have an airport [Well, it is in Pirkkala, but who cares]).

Nope, haven't planned anything special. Haven't planned the date yet. Haven't planned what we would do, either. Of course beer & grilling.

This thread is for those who are interested of this meeting. You can freely discuss the content and date of this meeting here.
Obviously LFS meeting is not LFS meeting without.. well, LFS.

Are there any rental places full of simulation hardware (preferably G25) in the whole Finland?
Quote from frokki :Obviously LFS meeting is not LFS meeting without.. well, LFS.

Are there any rental places full of simulation hardware (preferably G25) in the whole Finland?

I thought someone would say that (But I guessed spanky...). Lets put it this way: Lets do and talk about something else than LFS, shall we? We are humans, surely we have some other common interests than couple of millions digits organized to a simulator?
Quote from Gekkibi :I thought someone would say that (But I guessed spanky...). Lets put it this way: Lets do and talk about something else than LFS, shall we? We are humans, surely we have some other common interests than couple of millions digits organized to a simulator?

How about karting then?

I'm sure that you won't find that much non-tampere drinking company from LFS Forums without some kind of a 'hook'.
Quote from frokki :How about karting then?

I'm sure that you won't find that much non-tampere drinking company from LFS Forums without some kind of a 'hook'.

That was one idea I had in mind. We have couple of kart-tracks in Tampere.
I'm interested as I am living in Finland, some of you know, depends only when and where, summer I am in Estonia probably all of the time (half dead/drunk (As NightFly said ) ). Will check this thread on now.
The date is completely up to you. Maybe before midsummer day, so people has time to organize their work days and all.
Looking at my tight summer schedule I have my doubts if there is any day that could work for me personally. But I'm defenately interested

Some camping and barbeque sounds nice, add some motorsports and we have a plan.

Maybe pick one of these: http://www.autourheilu.fi/kilpailukalenteri/ and go watch some "real" motorsports?
Quote from Hyperactive :I like where you are going...

Everyone gets free laps in Gebbikis's 944!

Okay, so you haven't heard. Burglar robbed it, and by doing so decided to completely destroy the interiors... And electrical system of the car. It is literally wasted.
Quote from Gekkibi : completely destroy electrical system of the car.

So no traction control to interfere then, eh
Quote from hyntty :So no traction control to interfere then, eh

And no seat where sit, either. And it is kind of hard to start the engine when the starter motor is probably fried...

Edit: Oh, and it doesn't have traction control.
Quote from frokki :Are there any rental places full of simulation hardware (preferably G25) in the whole Finland?

There is this: http://www.speedclub.fi/

It's in Helsinki and probably not the cheapest... The 401 is defenately something all of us would like to try but it all adds lot of micro managing... and we won't even have that many people anyways. Even the louzy brits were having difficulties getting 20 or so people onboard so we with 95% less users would have to do really well to get 10+ people coming...

Maybe we could just see if there are enough people interested to see if this could live...?

Like, raise hand if you are interested and possibly even participate on LFS meet on next summer?
Quote from frokki :Obviously LFS meeting is not LFS meeting without.. well, LFS.

Yes there is. It seems they just don't know about prober simulators (they got Simbin under the hood). Well, it might be better that way if a bunch of LFSr's would be racing.... (I didn't have my sets with me....My G25 has so much better feedback...I'm not use to race with/without stick...etc...etc..)

Linky: http://www.circuit.fi/

edit: Oh, me late.
How about... Megazone?
(OMG PLZ LOL)
How about an organized LFS race before the actual meeting?

Then at the meeting we'd give prizes to the winners and watch the replays!

And then much barbequing would ensue!

EDIT: The race should be something sunny and funny, like LX6's around the Blackwood rally?
Quote from spankmeyer :How about an organized LFS race before the actual meeting?

Then at the meeting we'd give prizes to the winners and watch the replays!

And then much barbequing would ensue!

EDIT: The race should be something sunny and funny, like LX6's around the Blackwood rally?

1) Who is going to carry their computer and controllers etc to somewhere?
2) Do you want to race after or before drinking?

Edit: Stupid me. Forget my post!
Becuz you drive the LX butt nekkid and enjoy the cool breeze shuffle your nutz. Can't do that in the BF1, the monocoque would get all butt sweaty.
Seeing how overrepresented Finns seem to be in the LFS community I'm guessing this might just work out. Good luck!
Quote from Hyperactive :Like, raise hand if you are interested and possibly even participate on LFS meet on next summer?

If it includes a 401, \o/
I might come if I'm not working... most weekends I am, though.
Hmm, £280 and 9 hours to get to Tamper-Pirkkala airport from here. Most of that must be spent on the ground (2 stops).

Any of you know better (return) flights from there to the UK (not too fussed on where in the UK tbh)? Figures there must be plenty of Finnish sites that do it. If the time and price were lower, I could go for that. Always fancied visiting. Seems you all have better English than most of the people that turn up to the UK meets, so no problems with the language barrier.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG