The online racing simulator
Depressing thread (maybe) r.e. fuel costs
(61 posts, started )
Well, I dunno. My car takes about 8 litres per 100km (29mpg?) and it would cost about 70€ to fill the tank. And I couldn't really care. 20km per dayfor commuting and maybe half of that to other driving plus some long distance trips once a week.

I haven't done anything to learn for better fuel milage, to save fuel.

I just enjoy driving like I always have. As long as the fuel prices keep under 2€ per litre I don't really care and even then I don't know how I could change anything. I can't cut down my driving, there's no public transport that was usable and I hate being tied to time tables. I could buy a car that eats less fuel but I like my automatic air conditioning and other fuel thirsty tech marvels.

If I had to drive more I'd care more, I guess :/
Quote from mrodgers :
Around here, the consenses is that it's all Bush's fault. If Clinton is elected President of the US, oil prices will all be solved. I fail to understand that since it is not a US problem, but a global problem.

Well of course everything is Bush's fault. Had a relative die recently? Been fired for drinking while driving an 18 wheeler? Dumped by your girlfriend? It was Bush. It's ironic that Jimmy carter called him our worst president when inflation under his command was 17% whereas now it is around 3%.

In reality it is the axis of evil deciding the prices:OPEC and the oil companies who cant stand to make a few tens of billions of dollars less in profit...

OPEC can decide whatever price they want for gas. It is my considered opinion that they are "punishing" the world for the current state of affairs in the middle east much like during the 1973 oil embargo. Tomorrow OPEC could say that gas costs $500 a barrel and we would have to pay it.
Quote from flymike91 :OPEC can decide whatever price they want for gas. It is my considered opinion that they are "punishing" the world for the current state of affairs in the middle east much like during the 1973 oil embargo. Tomorrow OPEC could say that gas costs $500 a barrel and we would have to pay it.

It's called capitalism.
Quote from flymike91 : It is my considered opinion that they are "punishing" the world for the current state of affairs in the middle east much like during the 1973 oil embargo.

As if it's our fault that the middle east is years behind the civilised world. Their conservative culture is the cause of their problems, and ofcourse the USA World Police plays a very small role.
What hell are you crying about, a liter costs a pound here and the salary here is 5 times smaller than you have.

Go figure.

Quote from Lible :What hell are you crying about, a liter costs a pound here and the salary here is 5 times smaller than you have.

Go figure.

Apart from fuel, it's all relative mate, I bet your prices on other things are MUCH lower.
I checked the prices, seems like everything is 2 to 3 times cheaper here. Still the average salary is 4.5 times lower (if you believe the politics, in reality it's closer to 5.5).

Anyway, I guess this discussion won't take us anywhere. I know we're a poor nation already.
Not sure I would class Estonia as a "poor" nation, mind you, I supposed it depends what you class as "poor"
Quote from Jakg :I find it ironic your complaining about Petrol prices as you live in the US - we pay around $2.35 per LITRE - aka $8.70 a US Gallon. Yeah. It's so expensive over there!

That isn't irony, please don't abuse the language.
if these over inflated fuel prices go up anymore i'm selling my car & getting a bike. (not looking forward to winter though)
On the news the other day I heard them say that they are going to take taxes off for anything below $100...Which I guess is a good thing because you can keep your money in your pocket...somewhat.

Depressing thread (maybe) r.e. fuel costs
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG