The online racing simulator
Stock Bus For LFS?
(82 posts, started )
postin the linky

HERE IS THE VIDEO

[DWLYTS] Dustin (imthebestracerthereis) voted to bring back the bus [press 1] (1/5)

anyone know what version the bus was in?
#52 - Jakg
NO version, it was modded by moving bits of the XFG around
Quote from imthebestracerthereis : anyone know what version the bus was in?

Quite old, I just noticed that there aren't any skidmarks, so that means it is anywhere from the first releases up to patch S1G
@xpjames, hehe, with a default skin of "Slothian Buses"

The way I see it, we love racing, and in the world out there there are so many forms of motor sport and many are pretty wild and look great fun. There's no reason why LFS cant support some of these, in time, but I think we all accept that it needs to focus on its core functionality first.

LFS has been open to modding for along time, via insim, so it stands to reason that one day we'll be able to mod other things in LFS. It's inneviteable. I'm sure when it happens that Scawen's solution wont have the same pitfalls as rFactor, because like everything Scawen does, he'll put a lot of effort into getting it right before we see so much as a glimmer of it.
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis : wrong topic! was quoting this one
Omg omg omg, meh wants!
Just bad.. I never actually can have it, tho I want, depressing thought
LOL

If it moves, you can race it
LFS' engine is versatile enough that I don't understand why anyone would want to limit it.

We need dragsters, rally cars, dune buggies, semis, whatever.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :LFS' engine is versatile enough that I don't understand why anyone would want to limit it.

+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1

And..

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1!
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :LFS' engine is versatile enough that I don't understand why anyone would want to limit it.

I agree. Tweak shows that LFS already supports a few different engine types (rather than a default model having it's stats changed to suit a different car). I assume more could be added without that many changes.
The only thing is that the bigger and heavier vehicles would need longer tracks - Supertrucks, for instance, can't really do hairpins or chicanes

But I certainly don't think there's any reason why any type of vehicle should be missed out. A V8 FX? A hotrod-style UF? Ah, it'd be so cool.
Quote from Dajmin :I agree. Tweak shows that LFS already supports a few different engine types (rather than a default model having it's stats changed to suit a different car). I assume more could be added without that many changes.
The only thing is that the bigger and heavier vehicles would need longer tracks - Supertrucks, for instance, can't really do hairpins or chicanes

But I certainly don't think there's any reason why any type of vehicle should be missed out. A V8 FX? A hotrod-style UF? Ah, it'd be so cool.

sure... just they have to be fantasy cars... not real ones couz of the reasons you all know already...

maybe there will be a competition like the lfs skins competition...

like programming cars in specified classes (buggie, trucks,.. whatever devs want)...

and the best ones will be chosen for ingame in patch z or aa or xx,... just a thought lol
Quote from MoonForce :sure... just they have to be fantasy cars... not real ones couz of the reasons you all know already...

maybe there will be a competition like the lfs skins competition...

like programming cars in specified classes (buggie, trucks,.. whatever devs want)...

and the best ones will be chosen for ingame in patch z or aa or xx,... just a thought lol

lets make it happen
you cant "make it happen" the devs most likely already have an outline as to what content they are going to add in the future. Just wait and see
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
You want to hit Tristan with a bus?
You mis-understood, we actually wanna put all the TC clones in a bus, and drive them into the ocean.

Quote from VTiRoj :It does 80mph, thats fast!

Yup... only 88mph was needed to travel in time. (back to the future. :P )

-1 for adding it in lfs. It's interesting to watch, but I don't think we need it in LFS.
Quote from simscube :having a bus in LFS would be nice...for TC

yes that would plz [TC]Tommer lol,

but actually a wicked idea would be to add RACING TRUCKS (Semi's) there aint any really decant ones out there
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv
Quote from mixer13134 :Yup... only 88mph was needed to travel in time. (back to the future. :P )

-1 for adding it in lfs. It's interesting to watch, but I don't think we need it in LFS.

Who said anything about what we need or what is usefull?
We want fun, - the crazy way
Mega bump time....because there is a new version of teh Bus S(t)imulator out!!...Looks like they have made some significant changes this time.../me is grabbing it now

http://www.bussimulatorgame.com/

Wootville for teh Bladey
Quote from FL!P :I'd prefer a lawn mower!

I would prefer anything new, even if it was only a 12 speed bicycle.

I love the fact that LFS is controlled but they seriously need to add a few things to keep us happy. It's not that I expect them to give us free add-ons, but all the other racing sims that are in competition with LFS allow moding and therefore an endless array of track/car choices.
Quote from Bladerunner :Mega bump time....because there is a new version of teh Bus S(t)imulator out!!...Looks like they have made some significant changes this time.../me is grabbing it now

http://www.bussimulatorgame.com/

Wootville for teh Bladey

Wow nice, D/L'ing now

EDIT: Is there no English version of the game? I'm not fluent in German
The second link on that page = English.
I got the full game...but it's only in German from what I can see What's German for language?
#75 - Jakg
It'll be either something like Language or something like "Sprechen" or "Sprachen".

Stock Bus For LFS?
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG