cheat ??
(345 posts, closed, started )
Your Score Summary
Overall, you scored as follows:

96% scored higher (more stupid),
2% scored the same, and
2% scored lower (less stupid).
You are 2% stupid. This means...

You are our next Einstein. Wow! Keep up the great thinking.
Quote from JO53PHS :In your face guys :

Your Score Summary
87% scored higher (more stupid),
3% scored the same, and
10% scored lower (less stupid).
You are 10% stupid. This means...

You are far from stupid. Congrats on a great accomplishment!

But that doesn't take account of fails does it
Your Score Summary

96% scored higher (more stupid),
2% scored the same, and
2% scored lower (less stupid).

You are 2% stupid. This means...

You are our next Einstein. Wow! Keep up the great thinking.
Quote from mrbogeyman :

Do I have to take the test again so I am the most intelligent person on this forum?
Quote from dougie-lampkin ::ices_rofl I like that idea. How many bans does it take to get a global ban though? I mean if it's more than 10 or whatever, it would take a hell of a lot of time to get the ban

Quote from inbox :You have received an automatic 30 day ban because you have been banned from
online servers 24 times in the last 30 days.

great...
Your Score Summary

12% scored higher (more stupid),
3% scored the same, and
85% scored lower (less stupid).

You are 85% stupid. This means...

Get help. School is cool you know! You should check it out.
-
(mad dog) DELETED by SamH : Name and shame not permitted. Post replays without naming the cheat.
Quote from mad dog :Why do people buy a License when they know that they can't win without a cheat.

I bought a license, even I know I won't win without a cheat. The point is that I still won't use any cheats. Then I can't win, but that's life.
GRRRR, my post is removed becourse I used the name from the cheater in it is this to protect me or the cheater ?

Anyway wil try it again without using his name

is getting online after 3 minutes and is using a cheat.
Why do people buy a license if they can't win without a cheat?

If you ask me "BAN cheaters for life"

didn't use N.... name, but it was hard for me
Attached files
n___k cheater.mpr - 402.2 KB - 266 views
Quote from mad dog :GRRRR, my post is removed becourse I used the name from the cheater in it is this to protect me or the cheater ?

Whilst I'm still working on a fair system it's a compromise. It was explained earlier in the thread.

The short story is that it ensures that people watch the replay and don't just blindly ban someone from their server. .e.g. SamH could post someone's name and I'd bet that a few people would just instantly do a 999 /ban.
In that case but after reading the PM, why my post was removed I had a feeling that the CHEATER was protected.

But why can't the devs ban this cheaters for abuse of the game.
Users sent a replay from cheaters to the devs, they look at it and when it is a cheater they simply delete his name
Quote from mad dog :But why can't the devs ban this cheaters for abuse of the game.
Users sent a replay from cheaters to the devs, they look at it and when it is a cheater they simply delete his name

It's a bit tricky I'd imagine. The only thing that's covered under the EULA is the following;
Quote :Extreme disruptive or offensive behaviour by a user, towards the developers or members of the community, may result in temporary or permanent suspension of the user's Live for Speed license.

I'm not sure that it could be argued that "cheats" are extremely disruptive
Im sure there is some kinda agreement when you download the game, You will not crack/hack it. Something along them lines anyway..

Maybe the devs could change the EULA, Or add something. People could argue that they bought the game and they can do what they want. Thats ok, Within reason. Cheating is not acceptable.
Pity they didn't created a escape-door to the EULA ("We have right to change this license agreement any time we will see fit, and you must obey the latest one".
Quote from the_angry_angel :It's a bit tricky I'd imagine. The only thing that's covered under the EULA is the following;I'm not sure that it could be argued that "cheats" are extremely disruptive

If it requires modification of the code it doesn't have to be covered in any EULA, it's more than comprehensively covered in UK law. Under the "Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988", it is an offence to make any unauthorised modifications, (or adapt in the terms of the act), of any legaly owned closed sourced software, (see link below).

This in itself is enough reason for the devs to permanently ban anyone who does so.

http://www.copyrightservice.co ... ight/p01_uk_copyright_law
Quote from mcgas001 :..... People could argue that they bought the game and they can do what they want. .....

There's nothing to stop them trying to use such an argument but the law say's otherwise. Software remains the property of the company/person that created it at all times. In effect when you buy software you have only licenced it for the use that it was intended for.
But if I understood correctly, they don't modify LFS. They just changes what is in the "memory buffer".
Quote from Gekkibi :But if I understood correctly, they don't modify LFS. They just changes what is in the "memory buffer".

Well that would be much harder to legislate against obviously. So maybe it does need to be in the EULA. It can certainly be added as a condition of on line access I would suggest. There is nothing to stop the devs expanding the meaning of "unacceptable behaviour" as it already stands for example.

Of course it would be better for the community if the exploits, (as they presumably are if no actual modification of code is taking place), didn't exist. However, LFS isn't alone in have holes in it's software so we can hardly be too harsh on the devs for their existance. But there is no real reason why a simple change of on-line rules, (if required), for example can't be implemented as far as I can see.
If they block the bug somehow, someone will always find another hole.

Remember: There are three guys fixing the holes, and maybe thousands out there to find one. The universal problem of softwares.

Luckily, there are also honest people trying to find holes. When they do find one, they report it to the developers. And for every honest guy there are 1000 unhonest.
Quote from gezmoor :Well that would be much harder to legislate against obviously. So maybe it does need to be in the EULA. It can certainly be added as a condition of on line access I would suggest. There is nothing to stop the devs expanding the meaning of "unacceptable behaviour" as it already stands for example.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me tbh... *waits for a lawyer to come back tell us otherwise*

Thanks for pointing out the copyright law gezmoor btw - I tend to forget about it
Quote from Gekkibi :If they block the bug somehow, someone will always find another hole.

Remember: There are three guys fixing the holes, and maybe thousands out there to find one. The universal problem of softwares.

Luckily, there are also honest people trying to find holes. When they do find one, they report it to the developers. And for every honest guy there are 1000 unhonest.

Agreed and that will always be the case as you say. It's a never ending process. That's why the only real answer is to change the rules of use of the software for on line racing to make it unacceptable behaviour full stop. Only that way can you remove these people from the on line community IMHO.

If the rules are already there, then they just need more clarity and stronger enforcement.

If LFS get's more popular as we would all hope, it's only going to become a bigger issue.
All these hacks do, Is find some memory values and change them. Its a very simple process really. They are not changing the code, Well not really. They are just editing the result of it in memory at runtime. I really wouldnt be able to say if memory editing is illigal or not.
Just like "trainers": They change things in memory.
?
I know I know..me again..you all despise me lol. But to me this thread is pointless. we all know theres mod/hacks always. You don't really need to ask if a person has a mod or that you found one. If everytime someone found something in lfs that wasn't "Right" then we would have 10,000threads of people asking if this is what it is. I think a prvt msg to one of the mods would have been good enough. I dont think 20 post of people saying yes it is, Is thread material..but hey..who am I

Youll most likley tell me this post was also useless or that in a "tattle tail" lol, But I was on the forums and seen this and had to post..thats what forums are about..posting opinions

EDIT: Didn't wanna repost..but thanks sam..your right as always Didn't see it that way
Well no, actually, this thread is principally for server administrators to collect information at the moment.

Yes, we know that there are people online using hacks. It doesn't end there, though. Many of us (including us at CTRA, and the guys at Conedodgers for example) have decided that anyone, anywhere, who is caught "on camera" using a hack will be permanently banned from our servers.

The point of this thread is to share replays, *without* naming and shaming, so that those administrators that want to deal pre-emptively with hackers can ban them before they get a chance to screw with our races or our databases.
This thread is closed

cheat ??
(345 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG