The online racing simulator
Uf Endurance Sign Up
(240 posts, started )
You should really have your RCMs set as binds
BTW, we have a new TG-style communicating plan for the next race. And no, it wont annoy everyone like the last one
Quote from J@tko :BTW, we have a new TG-style communicating plan for the next race. And no, it wont annoy everyone like the last one

Changing skins, so it will say that "Pit_after_next_lap was not found"?
Quote from Gekkibi :Changing skins, so it will say that "Pit_after_next_lap was not found"?

Lol I know the secret and silent language they will be using and that's not it. It wont bother anyone or send any messages to anyone. :P
Quote from evilpimp :Lol I know the secret and silent language they will be using and that's not it. It wont bother anyone or send any messages to anyone. :P

Honking the horn means "Lets change after 10 laps", ignoring blue flag means "Lets change after 5 laps" and ramming the leading car means "Lets change the driver on next lap"?

I wanted to come to this one, but was unavailable.

I don't know if anyone knows, but on 25th April there was a UF1 event at FE club. The way that was organised was that EVERYONE had to be in Ventrilo for a briefing, and for any additional race information. This also helped when qualifying didn't form the grid. Luckily, somebody had saved the qualifying replay and spoke over ventrilo about who should go where. I personally think that a voice communication tool is a must (even if you don't have a microphone) for any event where it's more complicated than just a standard quali/race event. If there are safety cars and whatnot, the SC driver needs to have a microphone in order to inform everyone else as to what he/she is doing.

Probably obvious information, but definately important for inexperienced event organisers.
It was a very simple quali/race job, but there was a cock-up when the servers were merged
Could someone clarify how the SC should work please?

Is it something like:
  • car flips/crashes on racing line
  • SC deployed to lead entire pack around for at least one full lap
  • crashed car pitted
  • SC pulls into pits
  • green flag once leader crosses start/finish line
This seems good and would make the deployment of the SC an interesting addition to the race.
Guys, it's not that difficult. All of the admins must be on TS or Vent, and each must know what their specific job is.

If you are the race steward, your job is the overall organization. You call SC and green flag (with binds mind you). You handle the server settings. You handle the decisions on whether to allow pitting or not. You handle on when the green is to be displayed (both by telling what lap it comes out, and actually flying the flag).

If you are a SC driver, you spend the day watching for idiots, crashes, and the like. When the Steward calls a SC, you spec the leader and decide the best course of action for picking up the field.

Ideally, there needs to be at least two other marshalls....one for watching to make sure people don't jump positions on during SC, and another to watch pit lane to make sure people don't pit during a SC until the field has come around behind the SC.

One more thing, if you set a rule about chatting (or whatever), you had better damn well throw the penalty at those that break the rule.
Quote from petercollins :Could someone clarify how the SC should work please?

Is it something like:
  • car flips/crashes on racing line
  • SC deployed to lead entire pack around for at least one full lap
  • crashed car pitted
  • SC pulls into pits
  • green flag once leader crosses start/finish line
This seems good and would make the deployment of the SC an interesting addition to the race.

If a car flips, he should spectate immediately with no SC. If a car crashes and is damaged to the point where they can get back to pit road, but would be a danger to cars at speed, call a SC.

When the SC is deployed, the field stops racing and proceeds at a slower, controlled pace to catch the SC, which is traveling slower than SC speed until the field catches up.

The SC (with flashers on) goes past pit entrance, at which time the Steward may announce that pit lane is open. SC goes past S/F.

If the Steward has opened pit lane, he may then announce (as SC goes past S/F) that the race will go green next time around, at which time SC turns flashers off.

Next time around, SC pulls into pit lane, and field waits for Steward to send GREEN FLAG message. Then....ummm....go race again?

For a pretty comprehensive description of what a SC period should be, check out the IGTC procedures: http://www.lfsigtc.net/rules/rules.html#k
Quote :don't know if anyone knows, but on 25th April there was a UF1 event at FE club. The way that was organised was that EVERYONE had to be in Ventrilo for a briefing, and for any additional race information. This also helped when qualifying didn't form the grid. Luckily, somebody had saved the qualifying replay and spoke over ventrilo about who should go where. I personally think that a voice communication tool is a must (even if you don't have a microphone) for any event where it's more complicated than just a standard quali/race event. If there are safety cars and whatnot, the SC driver needs to have a microphone in order to inform everyone else as to what he/she is doing.

I must add to this, that I came aware of the event just before it started, and it was handled really well by Admin.
I didn't have Ventrillo ready and installed, and downloading it took some strange turns so it took some time ( mind you, I'm 60 ) and before I could even use it I had to enlist or register or whatever, and race was about to start.
Admin holded the start and guided me thru step by step and suddenly within few minutes I appeared in right channel on Ventrillo, but my mike did strangely not work, but that did not matter, it turned out. I just affirmed by sending a smiley.
Nice when ppl do care and take their time to get things in order.
Maybe useless post, this, sorry.
BTW, now I know what Astra MP3 and few more sounds like - LOL
Quote from banshee56 :If a car flips, he should spectate immediately with no SC. If a car crashes and is damaged to the point where they can get back to pit road, but would be a danger to cars at speed, call a SC.

For a pretty comprehensive description of what a SC period should be, check out the IGTC procedures: http://www.lfsigtc.net/rules/rules.html#k

Should be noted, though, that the IGTC does throw SCs for flipped cars.
I have a problem with that immediately Shift+S / P when flipped.
I real races one doesn't see a car immidiately Tele-Port back to pit to avoid beeing in danger for other cars, but then again, maybe 'we' don't wanna simulate a 'real' race ?
Quote from banshee56 :Racism? Completely wrong word there sonny.

That's exactly why i put the quotation marks there..
Race-ism ?

Uf Endurance Sign Up
(240 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG