The online racing simulator
Did you join LFS before 2004?
(112 posts, started )
no idea
I'm somewhat "Nooby"

I think I played for 3 weeks before I bought my liscense.
Quote from J.B. :I joined the day the first demo was discovered and announced at the West Racing forums. Here's the thread:

http://www.west-racing.com/for ... =1&t=958&hl=&

wow, that's a very cool thread!

Amazing reading people's first impression on the very early stage of LFS
#79 - ubul
I was looking for some realistic game at RSC, found GPL, and a few days later came the very first demo of LFS. Tried it and its still the #1 game for me. I'm mostly drifting, and this game suits me fine.
#80 - Vesa
There are tons of people who joined before 2004! I tried the demo in 2003 and bought it shortly after that. August 2003 says my join date. Guess that's about correct.
I think I saw the demo on 3dgamers, then bought S1 about a week afterwards...September/October 2003.
Joined 14th October 2003

I was the 20592nd person to have joined....

mad

discovered the demo late summer 2002, after the first look (singleplayer) i wasnt very convinced....until my son told me about the great online-thrill. oh boy, i got very very addicted later (early 2003)....

now im rather busy....not as much time for driving
I join to lfs 07-10-2003 and played it since then. Now i am waiting new pedals and when these Finnmotions arrives i start again.
Dont remember the date too well, but Test Demo 0.1B had just been released. Been playing fairly regularly ever since
I joined LFS early 2003

The drummer in our band told me to have a look at that game...

It was so addictive that I got hooked on it... I got into it and competed in the cover-design-contest, some of you might even have lfs-stickers on their cars wich I did - but, having less time these days I hardly do any online stuff anymore but I still do lots of hotlapping when ever I feel like it
Been playing since early S1 days. Can't remember my join date on racesimcentral, but joined lfsforum.net in 2003. I just don't post too often.
Hm.. I think I got the demo like early 2003, I was playing the demo more often in Nov/2003 iirc, finally bought S1 in Mar/2004 then. Wasn't racing a few month but I'm kinda into it again
I am still here, kicking and preaching the LFS gospal. My friends call me a LFS evangilist. I joined a long time ago. Was a while before I joind the fourms though. The first version I installed I think was 0.1i, j or k.
August 2002. Version 0.1b I think.
I didn't join before 2004, I had never heard of it. I was running NR2003 offline. I had never even been in an online race. Was trying to be interested in Racer (before 050final I think) and searched BHM the beginning of 2005 for some kind of normal, non-race car sim. Downloaded it and thought, eh, it's pretty cool (S1 demo). Tried my first online experience and figured the novelty would wear off. It was beginning to until they released S2 alpha demo. The rest is history. I still stink, but I think there's only been a total of 8 days disregarding a couple of 2 week stints in the flight sim, that I haven't raced online with S2. Bought the license the second week S2 Alfa full was released.

From what I have seen, everyone else can ohhhwww and aaahhhhh over the graphics of other games, but LFS is the king of both the physics and the graphics. I still do like NR2003, but they are 2 different racing platforms and can't compare with each other. Everything else I've seen is just crap.

I couldn't believe that LFS was 2 or 3 yrs old when I found it.
I dont remember when i started, but it was shortly after the demo was released, so probably 2002 some time? I knew right away that LFS was something special, it was the first racing game i ever played where i felt like i was actually driving the car, not just playing some game. I didn't get a wheel/pedals till s2 came out though, so i've been playing s2 a lot more than i played s1. The wheel really brings the experience to a whole new level for me. LFS is definately the only game that feels "right" with a wheel for me. I can't imagine any other racing sim replacing LFS for me, it'd have to be pretty amazing. The graphics are really nice too. They are perfectly done, unlike a lot of games which seem to go overboard with reflections and shadows.

What's even more amazing, is that this game is made by just a few people. It's not some huge software company or anything. It's great to see that a few guys can get together and make such a realistic/fun sim. Keep up the good work guys!
#93 - eppy
I'm another that joined in May 2003 and am waiting for S2 to go from Alpha into at least a beta testing phase before trying.
Joined....scratching my head......I don't remember. But playing LFS since the very old demo day. Guess it was somewhere around late 2002 early 2003 .
March 2002 if memory serves me
...and by march 2002,i mean 11-05-2003
did demo racing a while b 4 signing up
I don't think the first demo even arrived until after summer 2002.
I've been playing it since the first version, 0.4K.
been with lfs since 8-16-2003, wow didnt know its been that long. i got my s2 lisence in 07-06-2004. never had demo lol i bought s1 when i first heard about s1 from a friend.
Been playing since Nov 2002 or Jan 2003, ahh all I knew that it was winter. I haven't been playing for about 3 months now...
I first started playing LFS not long before the S1 release mid 2003, went on holidays for a few weeks on my birthday which is July. I then played the demo for about a month before coming to my senses and buying S1. So my join date of Aug 2003 must be right for when I bought S1.
I still race regularly but since S2 came out it's mainly in leagues.
-
(Janni1687) DELETED by Janni1687

Did you join LFS before 2004?
(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG