The online racing simulator
Cruise servers - Too many.
(39 posts, started )

Poll : Cruise servers, too many?

Yes, there are far too many servers.
I'm not bothered by this issue.
No, I think people can make them if they want.
This is something that i've been bothered about for a long time, but been a little scared not to start a topic sooner.

Cruise servers.

The huge topic, of cruise servers. I understand that they're fun, I think they're quite good actually - the way they take LFS and create a new game out if is nice. BUT, why on earth does everyone need to start their own? There's so many out there! They all use the same tracks, pretty much the same layouts, why?

Is it so that everyone can be admins and have all the money, then boss everyone around? I don't get it. For me, the decent servers are CLC (the original), LTC (the popular one) and TC (which kind of pioneered the idea). They've got everything you'd want, so why do you need to make your own that is the same?

Alongside all of the stealing of code thats been floating around lately, I really don't see the point.

Anyone else think there should be a cap on the servers or something? I know its a bit restrictive but I think 95% of people would prefer it if there weren't millions of cruise servers with no one on them.

Here's a little bit of info - There are 762 servers being hosted on LFS, 41 of them are cruise servers.

Just my penny.

Edit: I posted this in improvement suggestions as I suggested a cap on cruise servers. Mods - move this if you wish.
I think they few popular and major ones, such as the ones in top 20 servers:

[TC] CityDriving Montana 27/32 0% : 0% 3178
[LTC] Live To Cruise 2 19/47 -6% : 0% 2640

CTRA Race 1 22/35 3% : 0% 2592
[CLC] CityLifeCrew Cruise 7/32 16% : 0% 2230
CTRA Single Seater 1 29/35 26% : 0% 1882
[CD] ConeDodgers 1 21/47 32% : 0% 1555
Shikane Drift Server 0/32 0% : 0% 1377
ノマedline ノマacing 4 7/47 15% : 0% 1028
- -Lfs Bangers- - 0/16 0% : 0% 855
[D1GP]Drifting 7/20 10% : 0% 716
(FM) OvaL JuNkIeS! 15/47 19% : 0% 509
LigaInternacional.org #1 12/32 -19% : 0% 469
Team Orange - Public Drift 0/18 -6% : 0% 465
ノマedline ノマacing 1/27 4% : 0% 464
liveforspeed.se Drift 0/35 0% : 0% 437
™TwinDrift [NOR] 0/30 -3% : 0% 365
[LTC] Live To Cruise 1/47 2% : 0% 289
ノマedline ノマacing 3 2/27 4% : 0% 286
Torsdagsrace A 9/35 3% : 0% 260
[TC] CityDriving Kyoto 0/32 0% : 0% 248

Those servers are fine, but when people start making failing servers which are not going anywhere, they clog up the server lists n all that.
Quote from RacerAsh3 :I think they few popular and major ones, such as the ones in top 20 servers:

[TC] CityDriving Montana 27/32 0% : 0% 3178
[LTC] Live To Cruise 2 19/47 -6% : 0% 2640

CTRA Race 1 22/35 3% : 0% 2592
[CLC] CityLifeCrew Cruise 7/32 16% : 0% 2230
CTRA Single Seater 1 29/35 26% : 0% 1882
[CD] ConeDodgers 1 21/47 32% : 0% 1555
Shikane Drift Server 0/32 0% : 0% 1377
ノマedline ノマacing 4 7/47 15% : 0% 1028
- -Lfs Bangers- - 0/16 0% : 0% 855
[D1GP]Drifting 7/20 10% : 0% 716
(FM) OvaL JuNkIeS! 15/47 19% : 0% 509
LigaInternacional.org #1 12/32 -19% : 0% 469
Team Orange - Public Drift 0/18 -6% : 0% 465
ノマedline ノマacing 1/27 4% : 0% 464
liveforspeed.se Drift 0/35 0% : 0% 437
™TwinDrift [NOR] 0/30 -3% : 0% 365
[LTC] Live To Cruise 1/47 2% : 0% 289
ノマedline ノマacing 3 2/27 4% : 0% 286
Torsdagsrace A 9/35 3% : 0% 260
[TC] CityDriving Kyoto 0/32 0% : 0% 248

Those servers are fine, but when people start making failing servers which are not going anywhere, they clog up the server lists n all that.

Yeah, Notice the three in there are all the ones that I could name straight away. I don't get why everyone else has to make new ones, they've got ones to play on already.
I accidentally pressed 'im not bothered by this' sorry. I ment too say that there are FAR to many, and its just getting stupid.. you get the new servers with exactly the same features, gah, these people confuse me..
I agree, there are far too many. I have NOTHING against cruising, i regulary go on CLC, or at least whenever i have time. As you said Jack, TC, LTC and CLC are the most popular, which i agree with.

I think the reason people make there own, is because they like to be "boss". For example, they like to give themselves millions of cash, and all the cars. These are usually the people who cannot be bothered to drive to earn cash on the servers. hence the reason there servers fail after a few weeks...
On the one hand, yes there are too many. The game should be renamed "MySpeed".

On the other hand, it is someone else's server that is is using the broadband, rental fees and electricity, not yours. And if I remember correctly, you can block out cruise servers in the list.

So in conclusion, it's annoying but who cares.
Yep, if you want them to disappear, simply turn your cruise filter on.
I'm not bothered, if they want to cruise, let them do it. I'm also visiting cruise servers now and then, it's good relax from racing, but also from RL problems and if you don't meet 12-yr old uber skilled annoying cruiser, then it's good fun.
#8 - bbman
Quote from mcintyrej :This is something that i've been bothered about for a long time, but been a little scared not to start a topic sooner.

Cruise servers.

The huge topic, of cruise servers. I understand that they're fun, I think they're quite good actually - the way they take LFS and create a new game out if is nice. BUT, why on earth does everyone need to start their own? There's so many out there! They all use the same tracks, pretty much the same layouts, why?

Is it so that everyone can be admins and have all the money, then boss everyone around? I don't get it. For me, the decent servers are CLC (the original), LTC (the popular one) and TC (which kind of pioneered the idea). They've got everything you'd want, so why do you need to make your own that is the same?

Alongside all of the stealing of code thats been floating around lately, I really don't see the point.

Anyone else think there should be a cap on the servers or something? I know its a bit restrictive but I think 95% of people would prefer it if there weren't millions of cruise servers with no one on them.

Here's a little bit of info - There are 762 servers being hosted on LFS, 41 of them are cruise servers.

Just my penny.

Edit: I posted this in improvement suggestions as I suggested a cap on cruise servers. Mods - move this if you wish.

None of your fecking business...

What's with people critizicing others offering servers for everyone to play on? You don't have to use them, do you?

Before any of you plays the "cruiser"-card: I've never been on any of those, I have TDU if I just want to cruise...
Rather than banning/removing "useless" cruise serves, how about implementing an ignore and/or favourites feature into the LFS server browser?

That way everybody would be able to filter out the servers he's annoyed with, either by actively ignoring them or by maintaining a favourites list, while at the same time avoiding the legal slippery slope that is the denial of a server someone has paid for because of the type of racing (or rather, non-racing) that happens on it.

E: The real one to blame is TAA, because he publicised the anonymously "donated" cruise insim application example
Quote from AndroidXP :Rather than banning/removing "useless" cruise serves, how about implementing an ignore and/or favourites feature into the LFS server browser?

That way everybody would be able to filter out the servers he's annoyed with, either by actively ignoring them or by maintaining a favourites list, while at the same time avoiding the legal slippery slope that is the denial of a server someone has paid for because of the type of racing (or rather, non-racing) that happens on it.

E: The real one to blame is TAA, because he publicised the anonymously "donated" cruise insim application example

I already have the "favorites" feature in my LFS. I click on the server list to display servers with people on them, sort by # of racers, ignore the servers with only 1 connection, and TAH-DAH! I have a list of 3 racing servers and 10 drift servers that have someone on them!

I would have rather had a filter for drift servers than cruise servers...
#11 - Jakg
Can't be bothered to work your way up to be the "big man" on the current cruise servers? Start your own! You can ban anyone you want and randomly give yourself money.
Of course anyone can start their own server, but they sure should have some kind of "catch" / "new feature" to lure new active users to that server.

And usually, that is not the case...
I'm glad I can filter out "cruise" servers from my lists so I don't have to worry about it. I can't imagine a worse use of LFS than a "cruise" server... I cringe everytime I think about it...
And I cringe every single time a purist runs in and kills something perfectly good without a single good reason.
Too many? One could argue there's not enough, just look at the hundreds of race servers, where all you do is go round and round, the same configs, the same cars. All the same. I say there needs to be far more cruise servers to even things out.
I dont like cruise or drift.
If all guys stop with Cruise and drift.
Think about all people racing
I've never been on a cruise server and they don't interest me, but they don't bother me either. If people wanna run their own servers, why stop them? At some point cruise server evolution will kick in and the weak inferior cruise servers will get eaten up by some unstoppable cruise behemoth. Or something.

Now, while I don't mind cruise, the fact that the kids who are setting them up, and I'm going to try to say this politely, clogg up the programmers forum with questions you could answer if you spent a couple of hours reading a free online tutorial, well that's another matter...
Quote from mrodgers :I would have rather had a filter for drift servers than cruise servers...

O/T but I'd like a filter for drift servers too. My favourite cars are only ever used on drift servers, so when I see them available I get a bit excited, then look at the server name and see "COOLEST KIDZ MEGADRIFT SERVER FEAT. PIKACHU" or whatever...
Quote from mcgas001 :Never?

OK - I joined one once, then left pretty much immediately. That doesn't change the point of my point.
Quote from DarkTimes :OK - I joined one once, then left pretty much immediately. That doesn't change the point of my point.

I know, I know. Im just teasing.
i think there are generally too much servers... nearly everyone has his own server (700 S2 users and nearly 600 Servers on peak of the day).

i think there should be more racing like CTRA or Conedodgers instead of cruise. personally i am cruising sometimes on CLC when its raining outside
insim is the best friend here, you can do so much with it (remember: insim is not a tool for creating cruise servers )
you guys are so short sighted

you bitch at demo users for not buying the game

when people buy the game you bitch about what they use it for

when people who don't belong in a race with you and crash you...you bitch about it, but if they go drift or cruise...you bitch more

you say that LFS should be bigger budget and get produced faster, and yet you complain about something that keeps people playing, and adds appeal to some people in the demo community

Who gives a rats ass what people use the game for, so long as they aren't ruining other people's time, and they bought the game.

The more users the better.
Quote from spanks :you guys are so short sighted

you bitch at demo users for not buying the game

when people buy the game you bitch about what they use it for

when people who don't belong in a race with you and crash you...you bitch about it, but if they go drift or cruise...you bitch more

you say that LFS should be bigger budget and get produced faster, and yet you complain about something that keeps people playing, and adds appeal to some people in the demo community

Who gives a rats ass what people use the game for, so long as they aren't ruining other people's time, and they bought the game.

The more users the better.

meh, you just read my thoughts. :slap:

(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG