The online racing simulator
Cruise servers - Too many.
(39 posts, started )

Poll : Cruise servers, too many?

Yes, there are far too many servers.
I'm not bothered by this issue.
No, I think people can make them if they want.
Quote from spanks :

you bitch at demo users for not buying the game

when people buy the game you bitch about what they use it for

when people who don't belong in a race with you and crash you...you bitch about it, but if they go drift or cruise...you bitch more

True. And those are all points worth bitching for.
Quote from spanks :
you say that LFS should be bigger budget and get produced faster, and yet you complain about something that keeps people playing, and adds appeal to some people in the demo community

No, LFS won't get produced faster no matter how many demo drifters there are. LFS won't get produced faster no matter how many licenced racers there are. LFS doesn't need a big budget, only some motivation for the devs to complete their journey.
Quote from spanks :The more users the better.

If you ask me, the more racers the better. Amount of non-racing players just irritates me. Like you were on a club full of sexy busy/reserved/married (whatever it is in english, lol) women you can't play with.
Quote from frokki :Like you were on a club full of sexy busy/reserved/married (whatever it is in english, lol) women you can't play with.

Second hand. Or in car salesman speak, pre-f***ed.
Check out this little filter option.

And i reckon devs are ok with the option seeing as theres a filtering option. But tbh if you dont like them dont go there plain and simple.
Attached images
Cruise on or off.jpg
Quote from AstroBoy :Check out this little filter option.

And i reckon devs are ok with the option seeing as theres a filtering option. But tbh if you dont like them dont go there plain and simple.

I didn't say in the OP that I didn't like them, I quite enjoy it for a nice drive around. What i'm complaining about is that there's far too many empty ones that everyone tries to make, endlessly spamming up the General Discussion board with topics about a brand new cruise system that does everything all of the others do.
All this thing about people saying they open their own cruise server to get themselves all of money like the big guys.

At [TC], none of us give ourselves money, we dont take shortcuts, we work exactly as everyone else does and earn our money fairly.
Quote from RacerAsh3 :All this thing about people saying they open their own cruise server to get themselves all of money like the big guys.

At [TC], none of us give ourselves money, we dont take shortcuts, we work exactly as everyone else does and earn our money fairly.

However, you missed one point: They want to be police officers, and what would be the easiest way to be one? To spend time on cruising server, showing talent until someone approaches and asks if you would like to be a police officer.

Or, start your own server.
Interesting topic.

I completely agree with SilverArrows' opinions. When we were planning Caribbean Cruise launch, you could really feel it how people got all excited about such a big event going on. And believe me that they didn't sometimes even know what it is we are working on. So I only can confirm that - players prefer some profiled server. When they are coming online, they love to find something new, well thought, organized. Many find it different than expected by the time, and leave. But the beginning is always the blast.

Now when you mentioned many servers with very similar if not completely ripped gameplay, I want to say the idea which bothers me long time already:
3 major cruise servers means 3 slightly different views at the cruise gameplay. That's cool, you can pick the one you like the most. What's not cool is the weird kind of competition between them. There is always some ideas-dude and programmer behind them. And I bet that programmers from all 3 servers would say "yeah sure, why not" if you asked them to share the knowledge or even the code between servers. Who will start jumping really high is the idea-dude, and his asslickers (sorry to call many fine guys like this, but you get the idea).

But ideas are being stolen without any problem. You can't stop it anyway.
What would really make players happy is this:
Programmers start working together.
Project "directors" who keep the main idea and feeling of each of those servers would share ideas without nonsense jealousy.
All those servers would stay different in gameplay.
All those servers would share common commands and user interface (they have it pretty much unified anyway, which is good for new players)

If anyone says they do everything to make players happy, while don't allow things above to happen, he lies to you.

Ray
founder of Insim powered cruising servers idea
Quote from Gekkibi :However, you missed one point: They want to be police officers, and what would be the easiest way to be one? To spend time on cruising server, showing talent until someone approaches and asks if you would like to be a police officer.

Or, start your own server.

Dont need to ask on [TC] Just get 1000km and off you go You could be a cop within 5 hours.
Quote from ColeusRattus :This thread is about as useful as this one: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=42461

And IMHO it should suffer the same fate. Honestly, how important is the number of cruise servers for the developement of LfS?

Your post is about as useful as this one:
Quote from frokki :If you ask me, the more racers the better. Amount of non-racing players just irritates me. Like you were on a club full of sexy busy/reserved/married (whatever it is in english, lol) women you can't play with.

This simple guy needs more racing players and believes it can happen by shutting drift and cruise down.

And this my post is exactly the same stupidity shining bright, by the way. I guess I have just self-owned myself, sigh...
You know, there are also about 500+ empty servers that aren't cruise, and no one's complaining. Who cares? Does it make your game slower? No. Does it make it longer to load the list? No, because they're empty anyway.

Maybe there aren't too many of them, but one issue which drives me insane is the amount of "Zomg [team-x] cruise server join us please zomg please we have many new features zomg"-threads.

Please, for the love of god, WE DON'T CARE!

Rant over
I couldn't care less.
As it was said, if they are empty, they can't be bothering you...if they're not empty, then they're not the empty ones you're giving out about. You may not like there being that many cruise servers, but if someone sets up a server, it's up to them what type it may be...

I think the main reason why people set up their own is not to be the boss, but to try and be as popular as the 3 main servers atm. Like pretty much all race servers would love to have the popularity of CTRA

Personally, I really don't care if there's 50 trillion cruise servers and only 3 race servers. I know which servers I like to go on, and outside of that, it doesn't matter to me...

Cruise servers - Too many.
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG