The online racing simulator
Quote from HVS5b :I had an ok day, not great tho at 399pts. Let down by poorly performing STR chassis which I had only just upgraded, bah!

How does the Elf fuel work? Do you get the pick of the best results from the teams listed or a full combination of the lot?

Did pretty well on the bets tho, if only the Ferrari duo had finished the other way around I would have had a tricast.....

3 weeks till the next race (Barcelona), can't wait

ps - nice one Team Turbo, no. 5 overall for the weekends results

Full combo although the points weren't much more than the Ferrari-fuel's for the last race. Price was quite bad as now it would cost 1.1M less... Might have been better off with Ferrari fuel and better driver but I didn't expect both Ferraris finishing 1-2 :/
I had a really bad run there and dropped a load of places. I'm hoping I can make some of that back now that everyone seems to be getting used to the cars.
I dropped two places (Gaxiola F1) my friend (FAW F1 team) went up to 20, damn him!!

I hope my new team works for the next race Good luck
Still 7th.
Had a dismal first race ending up 32nd (or something 30+), but luckily i've managed to climb back up to 8th in the two following races.
Can only wonder what spot would have been possible with a few more points from race 1.
Teh bonus question is...there:
Quote :You can answer this question until: 11:59:59, Wednesday 23rd April, 2008.
If your answer is correct, you will gain 2.500.000 euro to improve your team!

http://www.f1racemanager.com/bonusquestion.asp
Thanks for the heads up.
Knew two drivers by face ,but there's nothing u can't find on the internet
I can't recall who drivers 2, 3, and 4 are, but it doesn't matter anyways, I know who driver 1 is
Quote from Tweaker :I can't recall who drivers 2, 3, and 4 are, but it doesn't matter anyways, I know who driver 1 is

You're doing better than me
(that's what I get for not paying attention to RL racing I guess)
Quote from Tweaker :I can't recall who drivers 2, 3, and 4 are, but it doesn't matter anyways, I know who driver 1 is

Honestly ?

Wow, ok, i'm not giving anything away here, but for those who don't know 2 is Rene Arnoux, 3 is Johnny Herbert and 4 is the young Berger-miester himself, Gerhard, before his hair fell out Oh and number 1 is of course 'Don' Andretti himself
Wish people stopped giving the answers away.
The Bahrein waard question was allready spoiled and if u give all the names or mention 'it's driver 1' ..where is the challenge?
Quote from Noccy :Wish people stopped giving the answers away.
The Bahrein waard question was allready spoiled and if u give all the names or mention 'it's driver 1' ..where is the challenge?

Bah, stop being such a grumpy old git

To be honest 2.5 mill aint gonna make that much of a difference, and that question would be next to impossible to answer for our younger viewers.

As always it's down to the team selection and how many points are won in the race itself being the important factor. And if anyone's got any Super Aguri kit in their team i'd suggest they change it a.s.a.p, seems as though the promised financial deal has fallen through, and they may not be at the next race
I must confess I didn't know the answer to this one (not helped either by the fact I though driver two was Teo Fabi for some reason!). It took less than 20 seconds to find the answer by typing in Mario Andretti into Wikipedia, and scrolling down. 5 seconds of that was looking at the colour code key.

They are not difficult questions, and I don't think it's possible to spoil them.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Bah, stop being such a grumpy old git

To be honest 2.5 mill aint gonna make that much of a difference, and that question would be next to impossible to answer for our younger viewers.

Utter tripe.

10 min on google/wikipedia and it's a gimme. No-one should be getting any of these bonus questions wrong

And 2.5M does make a difference, especially when you have a brokers fee of 8% (10th in sub-league)

As an aside, what % fees are the top boys running?
Meh !

Anywhoo, i think the broker fees increase the more successful you are and i think how good your teams components are ?

I'm sitting squarely in mid-field and being charged 6% atm
Quote from Mazz4200 :
Anywhoo, i think the broker fees increase the more successful you are and i think how good your teams components are ?

Aye, I was kind of wondering if the leaders were up to 10% or higher? Not that I expect to get that high......I think I've peaked too early as usual
Quote from Mazz4200 :Anywhoo, i think the broker fees increase the more successful you are and i think how good your teams components are ?

I'm 9 points behind you and have only 5 %.

Oh, and I only recalled the drivers on picture 3 and 4.
Ergh HVS5b, dunno mate, if you look at the spread of points being scored each race there's about 300 between first and last, so all you need is a couple of good races and for the guys ahead of you to have a few bad'uns. And again it's all down to team choices. Do you put all your eggs in one basket and hope that team has a really good race, or do you spread your team over several F1 teams in the hope of a consistent but low points haul ?

I'm 23rd atm, but i've still got my eye one the top step. But then again, i've always been a bit of an over ambitious optimistic

Don't know about anyone else, but it's really changed the way i'm watching the race's this year. The last race i really wanted Kubica to win, but i had him down for P3 and Massa for the win in the bets section. So half of me wanted Massa to stuff it into the wall, and the other half wanted Kimi to pass Kubica ! And, i've never been a particular fan of Fisichella, but this year i'm cheering him on hoping the guys infront of him bin it....it's all very odd I'm not looking forward to the day when Alonso becomes the best choice for my team

@Ziggy, dunno mate ? maybe it's based on position in the league. Something like 1% difference for every 5 places or so ? Maybe we'll get a better idea if more folks tell us what they're paying.
I've got a 9% broker fee and I'm in 7th.
Team name Drink Team
Subleague position 3 / 54
Points gathered 1179 (+422)
Your personal broker fee 10%
Last race's money 893.000
Currently available money 6.463.000

Quote from RocksGt :Team name Drink Team
Subleague position 3 / 54

Your personal broker fee 10%

Nice league position

Helluva brokers fee

Cheers for the info!
Its on again. Good luck to everyone this weekend
Yay I'm officially top of the league, now watch me plummet If only Barrichello had finished I might have been 2nd in the overall rankings. Got all but the DNF correct in the predictions aswell which gives me 2.8m extra in the bank (I wonder what I would have won in an accumulator without the DNF?)

Had to miss the race but doesn't sound like I missed much apart from a few incidents.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG