The online racing simulator
Did you join LFS before 2004?
(112 posts, started )
Somwhere late 2002 I think, back in the demo days.

Moby
I started playing the demo somewhere around november 2003. Didn't actually cough up and buy the game, and a wheel, for another year though.
I joined in October 2003, because in this month a Demo of LFS S1 was on the Demo-CD of a german Gamemagazine (GameStar). In September 2005 I bought my S2 license.
i played demo for quite a while before i got my licenses.
Quote :Did you join LFS before 2004?

No
Sometime around October 2002
Joined RSC 17.09.2002 so I tried LFS for the first time the same day or couple days before that date.
S1 bought 25.6.2003
S2 bought 18.2.2005

And still here and not going anywhere
Made this account in February 2003, but I think I played the demo a few months before that.
#34 - FRED
played lfs from august 2002 demo - s1 - s2

just relised after all those years of playing i still suck
Late 2002, but I don't really play anymore, I just visit the forums mostly.
Oh yep, August 2003 just after S1 came out.
Raced the demo in 2002. But i went online for the first time in march 2003. So soon i has played LFS for 3 years with only one months break late in 2003..
Ditto, but i stills snuck in 03
Found demo in March 2003, registered at LFS a week later in April
So, lots of 'old guys' around !
Oct 2003.

But I started playing few months earlier with Demo. Never really pay much attention to the full game until a guy called KamkoR pulled me into it.
November 2004 if I remember correctly
I first raced the demo in early 2003 and i didn't liked it. illepall
Then i totally forgot about the game.

I moved to another town and there was no DSL available so I needed something with a good netcode to play online with dialup connection and a friend said try the LFS demo, it's for free .

I tried LFS (in dec. 03) again and found out how "easy" it was as long as you have a good setup (I soon got some good setups from Macest and some other fast drivers) .

Then i played it for almost half a year and in May 2004 i bought it (thanx to GP4Flo and the chance to buy it with bank transfer because i had no credit card at that time ).

And since that i think i only played 5 or 6 other non-racing games and tested a few racing games but LFS is just the one and only.

I never played a game that often and that long (stll looking for S2-final and the next Stage)
I got S1 within a few days of learning it's existence had I known about it in 2002 I would have been there but I was deprived for all that time
Quote from traxxion :November 2004 if I remember correctly

n00b .....

Found LFS in August 2002, back in they day you post improvement suggestions and they would be in there a week later and ready for download
August 22, 2002

The day I first drove the testdemo. Easy to trace back. I just had to look up my registration date on the old RSC forums where this board used to be hosted.

But I've been off the game for a long time. Never played S1 due to lack of time and a broken steering wheel. Last Christmas I got myself a new steering wheel and picked up LFS again.
Downloaded .1E on October 7th, 2002.

Registered at RSC in February, 2003.

Registered at the LFS site May 11th, 2003.
*cough clears throat*

July 2005

Played a bit of S1 demo a few years ago but only single player
August 2002, Version 0.1C
January 2003, right after my computer was upgraded and could handle LFS. Patch 0.1N. Now I'm bored to death.
Um i dunno when I joined but it was a while ago. All I know is that it was long b4 S1 even came out. I missed the first 2 or 3 versions of the original demo, joined a few months after LFS came onto the scene, and was another month or 2 b4 I realized that RaceSimCentral was an accual site and not just a logo for the billboard on the blackwood straight. First post i can find on RSC is 02-05-2003, so I guess I joined late 02 or real earily 03.

Did you join LFS before 2004?
(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG