The online racing simulator
Lesson name translations
(100 posts, started )
Hi

Galician training lessons with names

A mistake updated in "Testdrive - RA_Galego.txt"
Attached files
adestramento_galego.rar - 29.2 KB - 189 views
Thanks but... sorry to say I think you translated the wrong folder.

It looks like you translated the old "data\lesson" folder. The correct one to translate is "data\training" where there are only 38 lessons now. The "lesson" folder is no longer used.
OMFG! ...in a rush.... :banghead:

Lately I do not have much time to LFS.

Well, I think it needs a translation more calm, it will take a few days.

I'm sorry
Scawen, do u have active Dutch-speaking translators? If not i'm willing to translate them to dutch and have a few people verify that there are no mistakes.
(both dutchies and belgians i suppose since they have the habit of having a differing opinion on small details)
Quote from Noccy :Scawen, do u have active Dutch-speaking translators? If not i'm willing to translate them to dutch and have a few people verify that there are no mistakes.
(both dutchies and belgians i suppose since they have the habit of having a differing opinion on small details)

Victor?

Does he do them? - his english is good enough (certainly)
IIRC it's illegal that does the Dutch translations... Could be wrong though
Quote from Noccy :Scawen, do u have active Dutch-speaking translators?

There are two: one Dutch and one Belgian. The translation is in progress
Hi Scawen,

Please find attached updated Polish trainings translation.
Attached files
Training_Polski.ZIP - 15.4 KB - 239 views
Here's the first half of the Geordie translation, if you like it i'll do the other half tomorrow (not got the time right now)

I think it's about time poor old Bob learnt the language of his chosen nation, he's been here long enough. And i though it might give him some sort of idea of what the hell we're saying too each other when he over hears us Geordies in the pub.

And it might be a good idea for those going to the LFS cart meeting this year to learn the language, might even stop some of them from getting beaten up.
Attached files
Geordie Translashun.zip - 8.3 KB - 228 views
Quote from Mazz4200 :Here's the first half of the Geordie translation, if you like it i'll do the other half tomorrow (not got the time right now)

I think it's about time poor old Bob learnt the language of his chosen nation, he's been here long enough. And i though it might give him some sort of idea of what the hell we're saying too each other when he over hears us Geordies in the pub.

And it might be a good idea for those going to the LFS cart meeting this year to learn the language, might even stop some of them from getting beaten up.

lol nice but you shouldnt change the names of those files
Quote from Flame CZE :lol nice but you shouldnt change the names of those files

Yeah, i really really don't wanna hijack Scawens thread here, but it's not a serious addition, and only meant to be a bit of light relief from all the hard work and long hours he's putting in at the moment.

Hopefully he'll see the humour in it and have a laugh, if he can read it that is
Quote from yaper :Hi Scawen,

Please find attached updated Polish trainings translation.

Got it thanks!
On the training lessons, when you chose Portuguese in options, it seems to be Portuguese from Brasil, its similar, but some words we don't use at all and may cause some confusion. And since on the options we can chose between the two languages, maybe we could also have the two on the training lessons? So if i make the portuguese PT version would you replace it with the brazilian one when portuguese from PT is chosen in options?
Hi LiveForBoobs.

I've asked Kidcodea (who does the Portuguese translation) and he said he has no problem with someone else contributing, provided the quality is maintained (or surpassed).

So what I'd say is... you can translate the lessons if you like, then what you need to do is post them here and get them well tested, do the necessary fixes then if all testers agree they are correct and complete, we can then include them in LFS.

Thanks!
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Estonian translations

You should learn proper estonian before you translate anything...
Uff. Done.

[ EDIT by Scawen - removed attachment - fix below ]
Quote from Vagner :Brazilian training lessons

Thanks, I just had a look and it seems good but there's something funny about the Acceleration - GTI lesson, although it does appear correct in LFS, if I look at the text file in notepad there are no carriage returns. The other ones seem ok.

Quote from LiveForBoobs :Uff. Done.

Thanks. This is what made me look at the Acceleration - GTI lesson... in this case it has gone wrong and the first description has merged with the title. I guess you copied it from that slightly corrupted Brazilian Portuguese file. Please could you redo this one, maybe copying straight from the English file, but adding the first line title with an @ sign?

Thanks for that, I hope some Portuguese speakers can test your lessons.
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, I just had a look and it seems good but there's something funny about the Acceleration - GTI lesson, although it does appear correct in LFS, if I look at the text file in notepad there are no carriage returns. The other ones seem ok.

Thanks. This is what made me look at the Acceleration - GTI lesson... in this case it has gone wrong and the first description has merged with the title. I guess you copied it from that slightly corrupted Brazilian Portuguese file. Please could you redo this one, maybe copying straight from the English file, but adding the first line title with an @ sign?

Thanks for that, I hope some Portuguese speakers can test your lessons.

Hey, I know whats wrong.

This is what i wrote (in portuguese):
Quote :
@Acceleration - Accelerate the XF GTI as fast as possible until the marking.

But i should have written:
Quote :@Acceleration - GTI
Accelerate the XF GTI as fast as possible until the marking

That's why the title was merged. Its the only one i made that mistake.

Yeah, if anyone wants to revise it, go ahead. I've also uploaded it to the biggest LFS portuguese forum www.simracingportugal.net, but if someone here wants as well, yeah sure.
Attached files
PT.zip - 15.7 KB - 221 views
Portuguese Training Fixes
Hi LiveForBoobs,

Kidcodea took a look at your lessons and made several fixes, some plain spelling errors, some Brazilian style sentence constructions.

Here is his updated lesson pack (attached).

Please could you have a look through to check that these changes are good and if so, take these as the basis for any more refinements you do.
Attached files
PT_fixes.zip - 15.4 KB - 230 views
Hello Scawen, i took a look at it and agree with all the changes he made. Some changes he made i think are personal, but they are good anyway.
The only thing i changed were 3 letters: took the "c" from the word "producto", which we dont write like that anymore, and inserted a word ("ao") we both forgot to put but necessary to linking 2 sentences that were used.

In my opinion this is up to go
Attached files
PT_fixes.zip - 16.2 KB - 210 views
Quote from Mazz4200 :Here's the first half of the Geordie translation, if you like it i'll do the other half tomorrow (not got the time right now)

Haha, I have to say that really made me laugh. Brilliant. I remember a while ago their was a Scots translation which made me chuckle.

Dae ye wanna exit?: Aye, Naw
With the Geordie translation ... I'm not sure wether to s**t myself laughing or to tell you not to take the piss out of people with speech impediments. If you could do all of LFS like that, well ... that would make my day
Quote from LiveForBoobs :Hello Scawen, i took a look at it and agree with all the changes he made. Some changes he made i think are personal, but they are good anyway.
The only thing i changed were 3 letters: took the "c" from the word "producto", which we dont write like that anymore, and inserted a word ("ao") we both forgot to put but necessary to linking 2 sentences that were used.

In my opinion this is up to go

Thanks for the updates. :up:

Quote from nesrulz :Update for Serbian training lessons.

Thanks - got it!

Lesson name translations
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG