The online racing simulator
The Avro Vulcan
(43 posts, started )
"SadDam Busters", oy vay :doh:
First flight of a restored piece of old metal aka Tristans money at work
I prefer WWII aircraft though ,and guess they will be airborne for longer as they are much easier to maintain and cheaper to fly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7350939.stm
Be sure to turn it up to eleven....
Oh those BBC guys, they so krazy!
Nonsense - the plane we need airborne is this one.
We've decided to return to our roots and outfit our airforce with the one true 'Made in New Zealand' aircraft
Attached images
pearseb.jpg
The sky's already full of bombers! No need for more!

For the sake of international communication:

"Apprendre à chier sur les pietons" = " Learning to poo on pedestrian"
"En 12 leçons seulement" = "With 12 lessons only"
Quote from thisnameistaken :Well, that did nothing for me at all. Way to go, aircraft nerds.

:\

Ultimate proof that Kev has no SOUL!!!!

Nerd or not, that was beautiful!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Way to go, aircraft nerds.

I'm not an aircraft nerd. But I thought it looked beautiful, and it's part of our history.
Quote from Bladerunner :Ultimate proof that Kev has no SOUL!!!!

True, but I've got first dibs on yours. :Handshake

Quote from STROBE :it's part of our history.

I live in York, I've got more than enough of our history to be getting on with.

Some old planes are pretty, but all bombers are minging.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I live in York, I've got more than enough of our history to be getting on with.

Some old planes are pretty, but all bombers are minging.

Well, you get on with killing Scots carrying a bow and arrow then.

But why are all bombers minging? It's just a Vulcan. It's not as if the Enola Gay was taking to the skies again.
Quote from STROBE :But why are all bombers minging? It's just a Vulcan. It's not as if the Enola Gay was taking to the skies again.

It's not the historical significance that bothers me, it's just an ugly plane. It looks stumpy and under-designed. I can't think of a bomber that looks nice - they're usually festooned with unsightly lumps and bulges.

Fighters sometimes look nice, or at least businesslike. Bombers are all minging.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I don't get it.

Hint: look at the roof closer.

Disclaimer: a highly active youth in the field of grammar school aerodynamics would help.
Quote from xaotik :Hint: look at the roof closer.

Disclaimer: a highly active youth in the field of grammar school aerodynamics would help.

Bah!..Photoshopped! (where is teh SHADOWZ!!!!!)
Quote from Bladerunner :Bah!..Photoshopped! (where is teh SHADOWZ!!!!!)

Here's another

Quote :Bombers are all minging

I've seen one in flight, and the noise IS something almost transcendental.... Bypasses the head and goes straight for your lower, ahem, instincts...

A delta wing just looks beautiful in the sky, but there's always going to be something a bit improvised in the look of functional hardware. Here's the cockpit: look to your left, your right, and straight ahead. I'm really not sure how much ergonomic design came into play here!
#42 - JJ72
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Yeah - but Tristan - do you have any idea how bad for the environment one of these bombers is - and all the other stuff that needs to be built/produced to restore and maintain it? Are you SURE you want to support this???

I'll now go out and axe a few Porsche Cayennes, then it'll be carbon neutral.

Yup, awesome plane.
Quote from nihil :Here's another

BAH! again...

Quote :World's Largest Paper Airplane

Quote :Material:fiberglass over steel and wood frame

Not ezakkerly PAPER...is it??!

The Avro Vulcan
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG