The online racing simulator
Storm Racing Video Contest
(37 posts, started )
I would like to announce that Storm Racing is holding a video editing contest for anyone who is interested. There will be a few rules of course and the prize is a server from Storm-Servers for 6-months! So get out your tools and put on your creative thinking caps because you have a little more than a month and a half... Deadline is June 1st so all video entries must be received by then. The winner of the contest will be announced on July 1st and judging will be done by Mp3 Astra and BlackBird and TBA, although we may end up running a poll and take let the forum community choose the winner. This detail is still in debate.

The only rules are that all LFS Footage must come from the attached replay. We may come back and post here some recommended spots in the video, however it will only be a recommendation...

Good luck!

Download the Replay: http://www.mediafire.com/?5mzil1e0qdj

The replay is from Sonic Realms: Open Wheel League, Race 6
I should do this with one of our CoRe Video replays so Lynce and unokeva could make us a perfect video...
Battle of the movie competitions, anyone?
LOllllolol... i just saw it!
Man....that was a coincidence! But they are diferent things imo.
Notable points:

The whole of lap 1 and 2
Watch Blackbird a lot, he has plenty of spins and stuff. Mp3 Astra has quite a few fun bits while being lapped.
Lap 3, Fast chicane, with the tyres. Mp3 Astra hits tyres that were spilled into the road by two other cars having a crash.
Lap 5, Blackbird nearly spins, in spectacular fashion
Lap 7, agent K, nearly hits a car
Lap 7, good battle for the lead
Last lap big battle for second place

That's as many as I'm going to give you - you can find the rest for yourself
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Notable points:

The whole of lap 1 and 2
Watch Blackbird a lot, he has plenty of spins and stuff. Mp3 Astra has quite a few fun bits while being lapped.
Lap 3, Fast chicane, with the tyres. Mp3 Astra hits tyres that were spilled into the road by two other cars having a crash.

That's as many as I'm going to give you - you can find the rest for yourself

*rubs my hands together*

muwahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa.....
Yay, at least we have one contestant! Hopefully someone goes against him or its not going to be a hard one to declare a winner

Free - Storm Server 6 Months! Did people miss that line?
Soo how many movie makers are doing this and not telling? heim?
Show yourself's!
Remember guys.... free server for the winner!!:bannana_p
Me i will attempt. whos judging? blackbird? maybe we should get a creator of lfs to judge
Mp3 Astra, myself, and an unannounced person are going to be judging the videos.
A little over a month left to get your stuff done I am actually beginning to wonder how many people are simply not stating that they have joined...

Quote from blackbird04217 : Mp3 Astra, myself, and an unannounced person are going to be judging the videos.

I still don't get it if I'm listed or not, since I'm going to judge them anyway like I always do
I don't think I'll be able to participate in this unless I get a big chunk of free time in the next week or so...
And about vids? Should they be posted here to this thread, or via private message/e-mail?
Its up to you how you post your videos, although in the end all videos will be available to the public. Videos will *obviously* be judged on the highest resolution provided.

Squidhead - if you want you could be the third judge although it will be the opinions of all three of us that matter.

I just realized that we never posted the "areas" that we will be judging on so I will do that shortly when I have some time to make up a small list...
*BUMPED* Less than a month left, any competitors have their work finished or are you all waiting for the last moment... All videos must be received before June 1st to participate and have a chance at the prize.
This'll be good to see...
Just over two weeks to go and I haven't seen any videos? Come on guys!
Quote from blackbird04217 :Just over two weeks to go and I haven't seen any videos? Come on guys!

Perhaps they're gunna keep working on it till its really PERFECT meaning the day before the end date you will probably get them all :P That's what I think at least.

Maybe ask who's actually working on one or planning on working on it?
Quote from evilpimp :Perhaps they're gunna keep working on it till its really PERFECT

or maybe everyone can't be bothered... that is also possible
since im a demo racer how about S2 as my prize?
Wouldn't you not be able to watch the replay to fraps it? And secondly, no but the server could be a demo server for you! 6 Months is a long time guys
Ok we have a lot of people holding out until the very end I see...

We need you videos before June 1st...
Good

(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG