The online racing simulator
Rant that I have held back for too long.
(53 posts, started )
Quote from Forbin :As I'm sure you know, the acceleration of gravity is a constant, so with or without the lead coat, said lemming would fall just as fast. That is, of course, until it hit terminal velocity, at which point the extra mass would allow it to overcome more drag and fall faster (I think).

/geek

In a vacuum, yes, but not in atmosphere - A lead weight doesn't accelerate the same speed as a feather.
The only force it has to counter, until it reaches the ground, is aerodynamic drag so assuming the shape and texture of the lemming is not altered by the coat - so it would have to be a wee fur-covered lead coat for best results - there is no reason for it to be any faster (until, as pointed out, terminal velocity of the original lemming is reached and after which point the heavier lead-augmented lemming shall be faster).
But this one is really nice!

Anyway... it's nice to see but diesel cars are yet squids
#29 - JTbo
Quote from RocksGt :But this one is really nice!

Anyway... it's nice to see but diesel cars are yet squids

I hate that commercial

Must remember to turn my go faster screw a bit more tomorrow so car pushes thicker black smoke from exhaust, even it already cover whole intersection when I floor it
The reason car ads now are clever and flashy is to disguise that the cars themselves are shit. Simple as.

If the cars were decent, there'd be no need for that CGI rubbish. Ads would just have the cars doing what they do best, driving on an open road or a track and giving people enjoyable experiences.
Quote from xaotik :The only force it has to counter, until it reaches the ground, is aerodynamic drag so assuming the shape and texture of the lemming is not altered by the coat - so it would have to be a wee fur-covered lead coat for best results - there is no reason for it to be any faster (until, as pointed out, terminal velocity of the original lemming is reached and after which point the heavier lead-augmented lemming shall be faster).

not quite
the lead lemming will have a higer gravitational force pulling on him at any time during the fall resulting in a higher acceleration towards terminal
Yes, I think you're right, shot. The extra mass means greater gravitational pull which means less effect from drag at all speeds, not just terminal velocity.
of course jumping in red paint before going over the edge might help more than any lead vest ever will
THIS is the best advert ever. I am a little biased, but what a way to stick it to the Audi boys
Audi the best car ever made IMO. Loving that car.
Quote from ajp71 : people who needed lots of cake

The people that are still alive?

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lieThe cake is a lieThe cake is a lieThe cake is a lie
#38 - DeKo
Honda said they were weighted. I saw an outtakes thing of that as well, the tires kept falling off the ramp quite a lot.
#40 - JTbo
Quote from DeKo :some of it must be computer animated, since when did tyres roll up a hill after a slight tap?

Mysterious magical effects of science
Quote from DeKo :some of it must be computer animated, since when did tyres roll up a hill after a slight tap?

Yes, they were weighted. That's the ONE thing people point out saying - IT'S FAKE!!! But I mean, come on, think about it. If they weren't weighted, and they really were supposed to be rolling on their own, do you really think they'd have made such an obvious error as rolling uphill? Common sense people!

Anyway, if I recall correctly, it took them something like 6 months to come up with and shoot the thing. It is 100% real and 100% made of parts from the car other than the board that passes through the door at one point. Took them something like 500 takes. There is absolutely no computer animation involved. That's the reason I consider this one of the best commercials ever made.
#42 - wark
Dude, those car ads were awesome. There's the definition of a successful ad right there: gets spread all over the internet (and some people actually like them).

The chocolate ad though... wtf? What a horrible thing to do to a Queen choon. Still, it was successful, and you made it successful.
#44 - JTbo
Car ads and cars are shite, but so is optional accessories too.

Just read again 225 pages long R-sport Catalog for older Volvo cars, you could get engine with following specs in early 80's:
2.3l NA 231hp/7200rpm 245nm/6000rpm running with _carbs_ there was no v-tak on those days :P

You could get rollcage to your car from factory as option.

What you can get now? Baseball cap and keyring?

Sh***, I'll say whole world is just f**** up real bad.
someone will probably prove me wrong, but we don't get weird American car commercials in the US. American car companies usually stick to shots of the car driving on the utah salt flats or down windy roads. Sorry you guys have to put up with fencing and cake cars
For me, though it might've been posted already in which case I wouldn't have seen because I can't view vid here at work, nothing can beat the transforming dancing Citroen in the car park
#47 - JJ72
Quote from ajp71 :The Skoda one is really good and they actually made the cake but IIRC health and safety prevent them from giving it away to people who needed lots of cake

Because they are not really edible after exposed to spotlights for a couple of days, it has been reduced to fertilizers as far as I know.
on car adverisiement i hated was when there was a car and when the car came to dangerous/hard to drive places it somehow transformed into an animal and walked/ran trough the places. i dont know why i hated it but i hate that one¨
This is what comertial should be: http://video.google.com/videop ... type=search&plindex=1 damn those japanese are nuts
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Anyway, if I recall correctly, it took them something like 6 months to come up with and shoot the thing. It is 100% real and 100% made of parts from the car other than the board that passes through the door at one point. Took them something like 500 takes. There is absolutely no computer animation involved. That's the reason I consider this one of the best commercials ever made.

The 500 takes does make something of a mockery of the tag line though, "isn't it nice when after 500 takes things finaly work?"

EDIT:
Quote :There's the definition of a successful ad right there: gets spread all over the internet (and some people actually like them).

Viral advertising is now seen as more important than TV adverts by some companies. The Ford Ka evil twin commercials where actually designed from the onset to be viral advertisements (passed around between friends on the net) and never intended for TV.

Rant that I have held back for too long.
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG