The online racing simulator
Rant that I have held back for too long.
(53 posts, started )
OK, I have sat on this for far too long and is now eating away at me for so long, but any more and I'll explode.....and that ain't good for my health.:mad:

What the heck is going on with Car Adverts these days, I mean for crying out loud what is it about. No longer do they show you a simple advert declaring 'Bigger Better Faster Smother etc', but instead set upon a strange and confusing road to leave me staring at the T.V. declaring WTF!!!. I may be the only one, but it is really becoming a bug bare of mine.

Some examples

1. The New Citroën C5 advert.
2. Skoda Fabia advert
3. Renault Megane advert
4. Even the sodding chocolate bar ... it!!!!!!:irked::banghead:

Rant over.
Agreed,
I think the worst ones are the new astra ones which show the car on a fantastic twisty mountain road and press the "sport" switch for a more responsive drive with you (useless) panoramic *spelling* roof

The fact that the car will spend most of its life doing 4mph on the m25 in the rain or getting its doors dented when parked in a supermarket or have 2 kids in the back filling the footwells with Mcdonalds cartons and fries while the mother and father argue would be far to off putting to be in an add so lets all be under the impression that we will be in motoring bliss driving on twisty mountain roads

I never want another car anyway id rather get the train!
http://www.chilloutzone.de/files/08040701.html

#3 - JJ72
I think the Skoda one is the best year for last year, they actually did it for real, which in itself is rather amazing. And the idea is simple not forced.
#5 - ajp71
I'm completely baffled about the Cadburys one, did the just spend the budget on some random special effects and then decide they better at least name the product they're meant to be advertising at the end? It is original for a chocolate ad though

The Skoda one is really good and they actually made the cake but IIRC health and safety prevent them from giving it away to people who needed lots of cake
#7 - ajp71
Quote from Bob Smith :Damn, and I thought the London tubes got packed. Surely that can't meet health and safety regs?

Personally I'd prefer to walk. Wouldn't it be more efficient to send more trains and not spend five minutes at every stop
Watch less TV! Or just mute when the ads come on, it makes it easier to ignore them

There aren't that many ads which don't insult the viewer's intelligence in some way - in fact, annoying and retarded as car ads often are, I find ads for razors, tampons and toothbrushes a lot more retarded and annoying.
Without watching any of those commercials, just remember that every North American commercial posted on these forums has been met with several European responses of "How do you tolerate this crap!?"

It could be worse :P
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :OK, I have sat on this for far too long and is now eating away at me for so long, but any more and I'll explode.....and that ain't good for my health.:mad:

1. The New Citroën C5 advert.

That C5 advert is awful. It's everywhere, and it's shamelessly trying to rub off the reputation of its' more successful German cousins. No, it's still a Citroen, it's still made in France when they're not on strike, and the value of one still plummets faster than a lemming with a lead coat and no parachute.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :2. Skoda Fabia advert

Eh? That's a cool ad. The song gets on my nerves, but the idea is new.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :3. Renault Megane advert

Better than the ad for the yellow Megane Sport where all the components race each other down corridors and fling themselves at the car. All that says to me is "this is how carefully we build Renaults. We fling components at them and some of them break on the way there."

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :4. Even the sodding chocolate bar ... it!!!!!!:irked::banghead:

That's a shit ad. This one is one of the coolest ads ever made though.
Quote from ajp71 :The Skoda one is really good and they actually made the cake but IIRC health and safety prevent them from giving it away to people who needed lots of cake

I'd rather have the one made of cake then have the actual car.
Quote from STROBE :...plummets faster than a lemming with a lead coat and no parachute.

As I'm sure you know, the acceleration of gravity is a constant, so with or without the lead coat, said lemming would fall just as fast. That is, of course, until it hit terminal velocity, at which point the extra mass would allow it to overcome more drag and fall faster (I think).

/geek
Yes, I do know that. Thank you for spoiling my analogy.

Bastard.
Quote from JJ72 :I think the Skoda one is the best year for last year, they actually did it for real, which in itself is rather amazing. And the idea is simple not forced.

Reminds me of a text I was sent...."Shit, I just got crashed into by one of those new skodas, idiot driver didn't stop intime and there's f**king cake everywhere" Maybe this should be in the bad jokes thread...

When I clicked the mesgane link I thought it would be the one where all the parts are racing to get onto the megane which I found rather cool, a decent advert imo. Now that I think of it too, that advert is just like the start to "Look whos talking" where all the little sperms are racing towards the egg!!!!

That megane advert is also quite good though, although it's completely random and unexpected, it's far better than the C5 one for sure...
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :OK, I have sat on this for far too long and is now eating away at me for so long, but any more and I'll explode.....and that ain't good for my health.:mad:

laughed at this
Quote from Hankstar :Watch less TV! Or just mute when the ads come on, it makes it easier to ignore them

There aren't that many ads which don't insult the viewer's intelligence in some way - in fact, annoying and retarded as car ads often are, I find ads for razors, tampons and toothbrushes a lot more retarded and annoying.

I hate toothbrush adverts. They try to come across as if there have been amazing advances in toothbrush technology. Same applies for razors.

I'd be surprised if people really believed them. Then again people are stupid.
The most "to the point" car commercial I noticed the other day was one I can't even remember the brand of. It was basically a single car rotating on a platform, no music, no voice-over and just text that read "we are trying to keep the price of this car low - so we didn't even hire a director."
#23 - JTbo
World is just transforming to hell for those that believe thinking and reason instead of feelings
The thing I love about the Skoda cake advert is they actually go to the trouble of filling the engine up with golden syrup

(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG