The online racing simulator
Thats not bad, not bad at all.I'd use it.
Yup, I think we've found it. How about getting Rob to post it for us?
yes that is good
That took a lap or two to get used to.. But defentally the 'keeper' good work.
as i mentioned it need some work yet. the bov sound when totally letting go goes on for a little 2 long
Thank you VERY much!
nice sound!
well i suppose it's a turbo-donw-rev sound... right?
then how come i cant hear it?
i played with the sound settings but still can't hear it...
i listened to the orig and the new file but can't make when it has to occur.
i even made a 3kHz 2sec long beep but still can't hear it...

(normaly when getting of the throttle right?)
i think it only works with 2 cars, the 2 left of the second row
still nothin' to hear...
tried 6 AI drivers, and watched from all views, but no special new sound to find there.
so.....
just tried it... it work with all turbo'd cars on my version ..

i have no idea why it wouldnt on yours .. wierd
i dunno too cause it's just a raw 2,5Khz mono sound... i've succesfully canged other sounds like the menu sounds (hate that klick) or the finish sounds...
so u're right it IS weird.
bov
anyone wan't to make a blowoff-raw file of any of these files? it's the same sound, just somewhat different length, if someone want's to clean it up a bit... i think it's worth a try, cause it's short and agressive!
those bov soudns got music in the bckgrnd
Quote from 128MB :i think it only works with 2 cars, the 2 left of the second row

shouldn't it work on all turbo cars?
nice, i love it;D
but can ppl online hear it??
Quote from NeonMuffler :nice, i love it;D
but can ppl online hear it??

No, you only hear your own sounds, wether its wind, bov, horn, etc...

Although i really don't see the point of showing off, with a name like
neonmuffler, i wouldn't expect any less . I thank the SEV gods for
this, i for one don't want to be forced to hear someone's idea of 'good'
sound, else you'd be hearing my death metal and then you'd raise your
rapihop and then it wouldn't be about cars anymore, now would it.
Sorting this dumpvalve nonsense
Seeing as there are so many threads offering dumpvalves maybe if they all got put in one thread it would waste less space and be easier to navigate.

If you post your dumpvalves in here and include a sample of what it sound like in game and keep replies to just posting links to different dumpvalves.

\/ \/ The idea was that we'd leave this thread to thos who like dump valves and be able to get our addons forum back :doh:

Edit 2: You're really not getting the idea of this thread was to create a clutter free area for those who want noisy dumpvalve sounds (I don't include myself in that) to have somewhere to post and find them. Please stop flaming or debating what other people should like.
well, just as much as i like this idea, so is this thread just cluttering even more..
The nex they'll like will be neon
Delete them all.

This stupidness is in reality too....
I've seen tuning BlowOffs for turbocars which are designed TO MAKE SOUND... My turbo car doesnt make any sound when BOW opened -and it works great.... Kill these treads- its stupid stuff that can floood the lds idea....and turn it into nfs
haha, I like how this thread was supposed to be a consolidation and not a discussion and the first two posts are flames. Way to go guys.
some people just have nothing better to do in their lives but flame
Quote from BrandoonWa :haha, I like how this thread was supposed to be a consolidation and not a discussion and the first two posts are flames. Way to go guys.

mmm, and you're flaming us now! just being an ass. Way to go guy

Stanley, that dumpvalve is awesome! but i've gotten used to.. erhmm.. lets just say i deleted it.. most of them are so bad they're just annoying.. besides, there's still the whine sound that notifies me of the turbolag and so on! im good to go!
Cant Hear The Blow Off Valve
for some reason i still cannot hear the blow off valves....in any cars. i have tried the originals and the mods but non work....from what i hear the blow offs sound pretty sweat, i only wish i could hear them is there any more blow off valves that i have missed??? am i doing it right???...all im doing is replacing the Dumpvalve.raw with the new file (in the snd folder)...i dunno guys, i dont have any other troubles with ny other snd files...please help

P.S. ive tried thrashing the engine in every which way...ive even been gentle!!..but no look on any of the turbo cars
Sounds a llot like my starion when it had back pressure issues, but the sound was coming from the turbo rather than the blow valve.
What blow off valve is this may I ask?

BOV (dump valve) chat thread
(340 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG