The online racing simulator
that first one flutters waaay to much...lol...if my blow off valve ever fluttered like that...i'd be looking at a broken spring...
Its not even in the correct format.

And a sample would be nice also.

Edit: Nevermind the format then...
err.... the first sounds like ur muffler would fall off every second...lol
its in the right format
Quote from Tequila Sunrise :its compressor surge

Thank god for that, I have been waiting ages, Its so frustration.
That is exactly what it is, The compressor spinning backwards.
Quote from pb32000 :compressor stall not "compressor bak serge")

ok heres the thing it doesnt *stall* the compressor wheel it STOPS IT
then it SPINS IT BACK WARD , my mechanic told me is compressor wheel back surge, (boost surges back through compressor) and dumps it out the intake of the turbo ,dont come here saying your name is right just cause u think it should be called that,

anyway im sick of know it all turbo fags like u , u knew wat i meant instead u try to information arguing which is pathetic and immature, grow up
you might want to check your definition of stall there buddy

illepall
Quote from saft :you might want to check your definition of stall there buddy

illepall

haha illepall "aussie's"
The first sound is good. Im not an expert on this, but sounds more like the sound you get when theres no BOV and the pressure in the intake manifold forces air back through the turbo, causing it the chatter. Altho IMHO still souds better thant he lfs one, altho i dont notice it when driving lol.
Do you got a sample of the sound?
Sample Sample! I like the one I got,but I might like this better,sample please!
Quote from Greboth :The first sound is good. Im not an expert on this, but sounds more like the sound you get when theres no BOV and the pressure in the intake manifold forces air back through the turbo, causing it the chatter. Altho IMHO still souds better thant he lfs one, altho i dont notice it when driving lol.

yes your exactly right, if you take your DV off or your BOV (same thing) and block up the hole the air can not escape anywere so it flows back over your turbo blades causing the chatter..

i am in the process of making a propper sound taken from my punto gt.
Quote from lrdbsi :ok heres the thing it doesnt *stall* the compressor wheel it STOPS IT
then it SPINS IT BACK WARD , my mechanic told me is compressor wheel back surge, (boost surges back through compressor) and dumps it out the intake of the turbo ,dont come here saying your name is right just cause u think it should be called that,

anyway im sick of know it all turbo fags like u , u knew wat i meant instead u try to information arguing which is pathetic and immature, grow up

What the heck are you on about?
Quote from e-dwarf :What the heck are you on about?

Oh, you get used to him. He flames people who talk about engines, but doesn't actually know anything. And if he does, he doesn't actually tell anyone or correct them, just flames them, thus leading to the [accurate] conclusion that he doesn't know anything...

Leave him be, nod, smile and wave.
Quote from tristancliffe :Oh, you get used to him. He flames people who talk about engines, but doesn't actually know anything. And if he does, he doesn't actually tell anyone or correct them, just flames them, thus leading to the [accurate] conclusion that he doesn't know anything...

Leave him be, nod, smile and wave.

Will do from now on,
What a silly sounding car. I like to laugh at people like that. They are funny (in the head).
Tristan - we all know by now, that you don't like the sound of a blow off, just for showing of, we do now that you like quiet solutions, so wouldn't you please stop saying that every single time people like a blow off valve you don't? No offence, really, but it's starting to get old.
Quote from FC3S drifter :really the chattering some HKS turbo kits is from the external wastegate not the turbo or BOV

Wastegate=internal or external device to control BOOST!!!

there is no flutter there is no blow off, just a loud ass Rowrrr...thats all
once again clearing this up...
thats not a blow off valve thats sound of a bov not opening and boost being forced back through turbo and out intake piping,
If i'm not mistaken, i believe the chattering is the blow of valve, or recirculation valve(depends) opening and closing quickly because when it opens, it lets all of the boost out, and then quickly closes to compensate of a pressure difference, until the turbo builds up more boost and then the valve opens again. This all happens very quickly, giving the chattering sound.
Compressor surge may or may not result from this, i don't remember.
Quote from lrdbsi :thats not a blow off valve thats sound of a bov not opening and boost being forced back through turbo and out intake piping,

pretty soon this will be the sound(BOOM!) enjoy the explosion have a nice day.
That's the HKS SSQV bov. Someone has made one for LFS afaik.
all my files are.raw will this play as its .rar?
.rar only means, that its compressed.

If you extract it, its in another format.
Could you post a link where I can get it?

BOV (dump valve) chat thread
(340 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG