The online racing simulator
Quote from Matrixi :That's the HKS SSQV bov. Someone has made one for LFS afaik.

no its not im afraid, i hade a hks super sequencial bov on my skyline, they make a distinct high pitch squeeeeeck... if u dont know wat that noise is, go near a turbo car and rev it from under the hood from throttle body so its not full boosting and release it, ul notice a flutter, usaly can hear it more on cars with pod-filters or open intakes , cause theres no airbox hiding the noise,,,

if ur car does this on 6-10 psi, after time,your compressor shaft gets movement and starts rubbing the walls of your turbo, eventualy turbo ****s out,
Quote from lrdbsi :no its not im afraid, i hade a hks super sequencial bov on my skyline, they make a distinct high pitch squeeeeeck... if u dont know wat that noise is, go near a turbo car and rev it from under the hood from throttle body so its not full boosting and release it, ul notice a flutter, usaly can hear it more on cars with pod-filters or open intakes , cause theres no airbox hiding the noise,,,

if ur car does this on 6-10 psi, after time,your compressor shaft gets movement and starts rubbing the walls of your turbo, eventualy turbo ****s out,

Did you even see the video he posted? I had a SSQV on my S13 for a month (got tired to the sound), so yes, I do bloody know what one sounds like in real life.

PS. Your spelling makes very little sense.
yes i seen the clip, its the most BLATENT COMPRESSOR BACK SURGE I EVER HEARD, ssq dont make that noise, well the car does before the bov opens, dude u need to loosen the screw on your bov, this allows less tention on the spring behind the bov piston allowing bov to open easyier and at lower boost, (although can mess up your idle), dismantle the bov and relube it, cause they can start to stick,

anyone thats had a turbo car will know exactly wat i just said

THAT IS COMPRESSOR BACK SURGE FROM YOUR CAR

THAT IS NOT THE SOUND OF ANY BLOW OFF VALVE

ONLY NOOBS THINK THIS,, ITS A CLASSIC

go do some study or take your car to someone who actualy knows wat there on about, obviosly you dont,
Quote from HKS-GTR :OKay how about this one: http://videos.streetfire.net/s ... E61-B0F1-6D0BC13822D6.htm

Are you honestly telling me, that you think that is turbo surge you hear there? By the way, it's very childish to shout using caps, so please don't, you are only making a bigger fool out of yourself.

I don't need to study how my car works, you just need to grow up a bit.
the title of this thread is too funny.
Quote from Vendetta :the title of this thread is too funny.

exactly,

you dont even get to hear the blow off valve once in the clip,

and yes you need to study your car more, and personaly i dont beleive its yours if u think that noise is coming from the blowoff valve,

and im not making a fool of my self, you are cause know jack all and trying to tell us you own a s13, mate u been watching too much t.v

i know you might be a saiko member, but dont use that to try tell us u got a RWD turbo in real life,

sorry mate but your a idiot
god damn! could you made a bov sound which sounds like one of those in the clips????? illepall
omg,,
You are a funny fellow lrdbsi. I think you missed the new link HKS-GTR posted where the red FD actually *does* have the BOV. WATCH the link I posted in my quote if it's not a too hard task for you. And what does my team have to do with what car I drive in real life?

And HKS-GTR, sorry for this OT nonsense. Try searching the forum for different bov files. They should be around.

Sorry, this is my last post to this thread, arguing with idiots never accomplishes anything. Ever.
ok that is a bov, not the first, sorry, hats a damn nice one too
Quote from lrdbsi :exactly,

you dont even get to hear the blow off valve once in the clip,

and yes you need to study your car more, and personaly i dont beleive its yours if u think that noise is coming from the blowoff valve,

and im not making a fool of my self, you are cause know jack all and trying to tell us you own a s13, mate u been watching too much t.v

i know you might be a saiko member, but dont use that to try tell us u got a RWD turbo in real life,

sorry mate but your a idiot

Lrdbsi, can you please go and choke on a d*ck?, dont talk with your foot in the mouth, and learn something about cars, how about when your mechanic told you about the compressor surge?, the compressor starts to spinn backwards, or, how was it?, jesus roflmao christ...
mate dont post your cock munching fantasy's here, and dude thats exactly wat happens, you think else wise,? please explain, so i can tell another noob wats up, anyway dont try to pick fights, immature nub

f**king 13year old over-weight nerds that know actualy nothing about real life cars, telling us all there car-gaming knowledge, panzy
Lol. Some one blew off!! (farted)
Quote from lrdbsi :mate dont post your cock munching fantasy's here, and dude thats exactly wat happens, you think else wise,? please explain, so i can tell another noob wats up, anyway dont try to pick fights, immature nub

f**king 13year old over-weight nerds that know actualy nothing about real life cars, telling us all there car-gaming knowledge, panzy

Ahahah what the hell, you know that a supercharger is mechanical right?, for the supercharger to spinn backwards, the whole friggin engine need to spinn backwards, and i dont know if you gain any Horsepower from that, but whatever floats your boat i guess...
dude ah...not even talking about superchargers
Quote from lrdbsi :dude ah...not even talking about superchargers

So, how does it work when the turbo starts spinning backwards, are the enginge going to start sucking air thru the exhaust or something?
Quote from e-dwarf :So, how does it work when the turbo starts spinning backwards, are the enginge going to start sucking air thru the exhaust or something?

Actually, yes, a bit.

With the turbo spinning and working normally, you get a negative pressure gradient across the intake system (atmosphere low comparered to post turbo pressure), meaning more air, by mass, is drawn into the combustion chamber, with appropriately more fuel. Simple huh.

But if the compressed air is too much (hi boost, closed throttle), and the dump valve isn't big enough to cope, then the compressed air has to go somewhere. It goes the easiest route (and only route) which is backwards passed the turbine and out of the engine. This stalls the turbine and stops it pretty quickly. It can also SERIOUSLY damage your turbo. The effect of this is a positive pressure gradient in the intake system (atmosphere is high pressure compared to post-turbo), meaning that more revered flow is likely to occur on overlap. As soon as the compressed air is vented the turbine is free to be accelerated again, although this is only tend to happen when the throttle is reopened, or air is reintroduced into the system (say by a recirculating dump valve).
Quote from tristancliffe :Actually, yes, a bit.

With the turbo spinning and working normally, you get a negative pressure gradient across the intake system (atmosphere low comparered to post turbo pressure), meaning more air, by mass, is drawn into the combustion chamber, with appropriately more fuel. Simple huh.

But if the compressed air is too much (hi boost, closed throttle), and the dump valve isn't big enough to cope, then the compressed air has to go somewhere. It goes the easiest route (and only route) which is backwards passed the turbine and out of the engine. This stalls the turbine and stops it pretty quickly. It can also SERIOUSLY damage your turbo. The effect of this is a positive pressure gradient in the intake system (atmosphere is high pressure compared to post-turbo), meaning that more revered flow is likely to occur on overlap. As soon as the compressed air is vented the turbine is free to be accelerated again, although this is only tend to happen when the throttle is reopened, or air is reintroduced into the system (say by a recirculating dump valve).

I know i know, i just trolled a bit, just because i got tired of his "know everything" attitude, it started to piss me off, but im going to take your advice now and start ignoring him .
My family has two cars which run at about 14psi WITHOUT A TURBO OR SUPERCHARGER!
really , never heard of that before, lol
dude the boost finds the route out, which is backward cause the bov wont open it forces the turbo backward, making a flutter noise , koph koph koph
its ok for to do this under low boost as bov's only open with a certain amount of air pressure against them but if ur high boosting and u get this noise its starts making your compressor wheel have movement i.e left right up down
and starts rubbing against the walls of your compressor,

my turbocharger on my rb20det gts-t had this problem and turbo would making a screaming like sound when on medium to high boost, eventualy got worse then compressor wheel came completely loose and turbo was fully toast,
Nobody who could make it? Which prog. do i need to do it myself?
okay make a sound making sure there aint to high frequncies, or over 130kb

open it in media player, save as.. all types..... .raw, test it, doesnt loop right, google sound editing program, use your imagination, use a mic to the speaker to catch sounds etc,
Quote from lrdbsi :really , never heard of that before, lol

Are you ABSOLUTLY sure? Can your car run with 0psi? Ive never heard of THAT before!

BOV (dump valve) chat thread
(340 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG