The online racing simulator
The meaning of this (matching digits on the clock)
I'm starting to get paranoid cause every day, i get at least once or twice, matching digits on my mobile or PC clock, like this: 14:14 , 16:16 etc.. . What's the meaning of this? Something like, someone's thinking about you? but i thought that has to be two same digits on both sides like 11:11, 22:22 ...

Maybe a bit useless topic, but boy oh boy is it boring in this first shift.. and i'm really courious about it cause i'm getting this like twice a day
#2 - Bean0
Very odd, but this was mentioned by a friend of mine about 8 years ago.
He was the same, every time he looked at a clock the time was 11:11, 20:20 etc.

I s****** (laugh) to myself if it's 13:37 when I look at the time

Edit: ^^ Epic fail by bad word filter.
It happens all the time to me.

Quote from Bean0 :I s****** (laugh) to myself if it's 13:37 when I look at the time

Hah, I do exactly the same . I must be a true geek.
At one point in my childhood I used to be facasinated with times and dates where everything matched. 07:07am on 07 07 2007 was one which fascinated me (for various reasons). Sadly I managed to oversleep and completely miss it..

It's supposedly part of the whole slightly compulsive bits of humanity. The same bit that compells you to count walking, or having to turn the light off in a certain way and time, etc.

Quote from Bean0 : I s****** (laugh) to myself if it's 13:37 when I look at the time

At one point last year when I was doing a lot of driving it was surprising how often I'd look over at the clock, feeling hungry, and realise it was leet o'clock Odd ancedote.
#5 - wien
Had the same thing. I think it's basically because when that happens you actually remember looking at the time. Otherwise that isn't especially memorable, and you'll probably forget the very next second. Since you only remember doing it when that happens, it starts to seem like that's what always happens.

...or it's the aliens (but you didn't hear that from me)!
#6 - kaynd
Yeah it just happens, it’s not necessarily connected to something else.
It’s just the human mind that tends to believe strange things.
Quote from wien :...or it's the aliens (but you didn't hear that from me)!

... and i use to tagged(right word?) "Alien" with markers and spray back in my skateboarding days.. :ufo:
It could just be a psychological thing now. I believe that the human body always knows more or less what time it is, and you are subconsciously aware of it even when you're asleep. That's why people wake before alarm clocks, or at the right time even if their alarm didn't go off.

So it's possible it happened once, you noticed the similar digits and your subconscious mind found it interesting. And now that subconscious is bubbling to the surface every time it gets to one of those times, causing you to look at the clock when it happens.

Solution? Get an analogue clock
#9 - amp88
I used to have slight obsessive compulsive tendencies with digital clocks. I remember when I was younger (about 9 or 10 probably) I watched the clock on the video recorder for about 10 minutes until it got to 11:11 then I covered it up with an empty cassette case so I wouldn't see it on anything other than that 'nice' time. I also occasionally catch myself watching a digital clock then realising it's going to be a 'nice' time soon (e.g. 10:10:10, 12:34:56) and watching it until I see the nice time.

Not sure why it is, I suppose it's just one of those things.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm starting to get paranoid cause every day, i get at least once or twice, matching digits on my mobile or PC clock, like this: 14:14 , 16:16 etc.. . What's the meaning of this? Something like, someone's thinking about you? but i thought that has to be two same digits on both sides like 11:11, 22:22 ...

Pffft, that's so simple to explain

your post number is 758335

7+5+8+3+3+5=31

add up the numbers you have posted

14+14+16+16+11+11+22+22 = 126

126+31 = 157

157 translates as 15+7 = 22

there are 10 letters in "Boris Lozac"
10 translates as 1 and 0

22+1 = 23...

it all sums up to NUMBER 23! ALWAYS! You're doomed!

(too much movies for me maybe)
My internal phone number in the office is 1350 ("leso". What can i mean?). I wanted to get 1337 by exchanging, but it belongs to warehouse controlling service, they don't wanna (they're tards, they even don't know the meaning of leet).
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm starting to get paranoid cause every day, i get at least once or twice, matching digits on my mobile or PC clock, like this: 14:14 , 16:16 etc..

If you get this twice a day, you must be looking at the clock about once every 8 minutes.
Quote : What's the meaning of this?

It means you have a boring job.

Unless... unless... it's the magic numbers 00:00 that you see. That means you have unreliable power supply.
You weirdo Squid
Almost (but not quite!) completely off topic....but in Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles (TV Spin Off from the film, for those who don't know!), there is a bit in one of the latter episodes where they have to meet this Nerdy Geeky type guy in his shop...as they walk through the door you see the door number...
You guessed it...1337!!!!!
Human mind always tries to make connections between things that haven't any. Likely all conspiracy theories make use of this. Like calculation from squidhead and the "magic" number "23"
V
20 +2 +1 = 23

That number 23 conspiracy was an invention by an author who wrote a book about guess it, The human mind making unconscious connections
Very often when i look on the clock it shows hour that ends with :37 minutes, like 13:37 or 21:37. Dunno why.
Quote from the_angry_angel :At one point in my childhood I used to be facasinated with times and dates where everything matched. 07:07am on 07 07 2007 was one which fascinated me (for various reasons). Sadly I managed to oversleep and completely miss it..

It's supposedly part of the whole slightly compulsive bits of humanity. The same bit that compells you to count walking, or having to turn the light off in a certain way and time, etc.

At one point last year when I was doing a lot of driving it was surprising how often I'd look over at the clock, feeling hungry, and realise it was leet o'clock Odd ancedote.

just wondering here.... could you not have got the same result at 07:07pm on 07 07 2007 ? considering your specifying am / pm here the 24 hour format does not apply, thus leaving the same numbers available for your fascinating event... (so perhaps,, you did not actually miss it)

Quote from bialas :Very often when i look on the clock it shows hour that ends with :37 minutes, like 13:37 or 21:37. Dunno why.

That means the minute didgits are broken...
Got you beat the_angry_angel.
20.02 2002

And I was born on 23rd of January 1976... The year is wrong but wouldn't be so spooky if I told the truth.

Cue Twilight Zone music.
The alians are coming,the alians are coming!:biggun:

i´ve had situations like that also,but like 9.44,wich means porsche 944,and BMW-s and stuff like that,im just curious and watching the time and then:WTF,again...
It means that someone is messing with your clock whenever you try to look at the clock.
#21 - DeKo
interestingly, the clock on my alarm goes to 24:00, then 00:01. Kinda weird.
Quote from wsinda :
If you get this twice a day, you must be looking at the clock about once every 8 minutes.
It means you have a boring job.

LOL, both true

BTW, what's 1337 anyway, never figured that one?
Quote from Boris Lozac :BTW, what's 1337 anyway, never figured that one?

it's either "One thousand three hundred thirty seven"....

or "LEET" as in "Elite"
shit this is scary i read the 1'st post looked at my pc clock and it was 22:22 /me is scared
#25 - SamH
hehe.. for me, clocks always seemed to say 10:08. In all the magazines and everything (I was addicted to buying digital watches ), the watches always were always at 10:08. I think it's an aesthetically pleasing number.

I screengrabbed this pic (attached) a few months ago.. have been waiting to use it as my avatar for a long time...
Attached images
100pcLEET.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG