The online racing simulator
Calling All UK/IRE Drivers!
(42 posts, closed, started )
I know one person who is interested, but he is away on holiday
I would be interested, if the date was set back a week or two
If just I was from UK or IRE...

Even I couldn`t win I would support this. If you can`t win, LFS can win..

I want to pay for two drivers. You must got a PayPal account. If you want to join this, then contact me in a PM. You must be DEDICATED to the series, but doesn`t matter if you are slow or fast...

Only for people who hasn`t signed up yet..
Looks like intrest is brewing now
Quote from Richard Torp :If just I was from UK or IRE...

Even I couldn`t win I would support this. If you can`t win, LFS can win..

I want to pay for two drivers. You must got a PayPal account. If you want to join this, then contact me in a PM. You must be DEDICATED to the series, but doesn`t matter if you are slow or fast...

Only for people who hasn`t signed up yet..

Woo, makes me tempted to join myself =)

Cheers for the support everyone! This is indeed where the best races in LFS league racing will be held, no doubt about it. With CTRA governing and sanctioning all of E-Sport's events you are Guaranteed to have some fair racing =)
I have configured a forced cockpit view server for AS5, please feel free to use it [HR] AlienT. is its name . Remember auto clutch has to enabled for the UK eTM races.

I'll try and get Starblue's tracker integrated with the server, if I can figure out how??
Have a quick look at the original thread for a little more information =)
Actually, probably maybe not entering. With OWRL FO8, OWRL F1, GFC, GTTC, IGTC and Stock Cup I think I am in enough leagues already (not counting SR's excellent FBM League as that is nearly finished)
#35 - Dru
Quote from Christopher Raemisch : This is indeed where the best races in LFS league racing will be held, no doubt about it.

Dumb question - but how can you say that with such a small number of drivers?

Surely you can say that AFTER the event - if it IS true..

What is SO special about this series compared to other leagues??

Its a bit like the previous month it was the 'world series' that was going to be the best league.... thing's like this can nto be said until after the event...

otherwise if your incorrect, and people have paid money to join the league - you could be reported to trading standards

I admire the jeeing up that you are trying to give this league, but it really is too little too late i think.

Rather than make first season free, you should be doing non-championship rounds prior to the start of the season, so people can enter and see what makes it so great... after all there are so many leagues out there that does not charge to enter... so this has to b a darn bit more special to make people pay to enter regardless of what 'prizes' are on offer..
I see your point Dru, but having followed the International eTM with its live streaming, quality commentary, some of the fastest LFS drivers entered, prizes etc. I also believe that the UK/Eire league could turn out be top notch also, this of course it not fact just my opinion . for the cost of a couple of pints, or a mouthfull of beer if you live in Norway....
Quote from Richard Torp :If just I was from UK or IRE...

As long as there is no Danish eTM, would it be possible that Danish people can join the UK eTM too? There is also a german driver in the Balkan eTM, so why do not ask if you can join as well the UK eTM?
#38 - Dru
Quote from AlienT. :I see your point Dru, but having followed the International eTM with its live streaming, quality commentary, some of the fastest LFS drivers entered, prizes etc. I also believe that the UK/Eire league could turn out be top notch also, this of course it not fact just my opinion . for the cost of a couple of pints, or a mouthfull of beer if you live in Norway....

Ok, lets flip this around.....

live streaming - does not affect the driver taking part
Commentary - does not affect the driver taking part
Some of the fastest LFS drivers - point taken - but this is just gonna lessen the sign up..... for instance if well known 'alein' drivers are entered that have a known pedigree in this class of racing are fast and consistant and do not crash, then why do the other drivers think they might actually stand a chance...

This league will just be like hour stints of an enduro race, there are one or two known drivers who if they entered (or weren't competing elsewhere) would clean up..

So the reason people should sign up is because there are fast drivers entered - well lots of other leagues have these drivers involved (and other fast drivers or clean drivers) were people don't have to pay to race..

how many leagues do you know where people drop out over the season as they realise they will not win?? i bet it's load's and that leagues that you don't even have to pay to enter in the first place..
@ Dru
Well I for one have not entered thinking I am going to win anything, I am joining for the experience and fun. Also there will be less chance of people dropping out if they have paid a small entrance fee?.
You are right live streaming or commentary does not affect the drivers involved, I'm sure if there was no commentary or televised F1, Indy FIA GT, BTCC or whatever it would have no affect on the drivers either
Also thinking about the STCC, this became very popular due to the Production by Becky, tristan and co. I see the eTM as being similar.
Anyway I guess it is, as always, up to each individual to choose what they want to do.

@Soeren,

Personally I see no problem with this, for example we have always foreign drivers competing in the BTCC. Kris Nissen was Danish and competed in the BTCC in 1992. Not up to me though
#40 - need
I would think that the fact that you've paid to take part, would make you more inclined to complete the season regardless of where you were in the overall standings.
Even if (as it is) the amount you're paying is fairly low.
If I was in a position to take part at the moment, I would, as it is, I'll need to hope I can enter next season.
#41 - SamH
I agree with Chris. Specifically with regard to international GTR driving (which, like it or not, is the commonly-accepted forefront of LFS sim racing [don't get me started on the massive value I consider that LRF, U/XFR and TBO etc driving has, you guys know I support those classes bigtime]), the ETM is certainly the emerging force. Chris said "WILL" and I think he's right.
#42 - SamH
This thread is closed

Calling All UK/IRE Drivers!
(42 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG