The online racing simulator
do you own a gun?
(159 posts, started )
Quote from avetere :Hehe ... everything depends on your country
Officially officers are advised to first attempt to shoot a guy into the leg (to make him unable to escape) instead somewhere in the chest ...
Well ... luckily(?) german language is somewhat weird sometimes ...
and thus the human body has actually quite a few legs (definitely more than two):
- the two "normal" legs
- the nasal bone (called "Nasenbein" -> nose-leg)
- the wishbones (called "Schlüsselbein" -> key-leg)
and finally even the sternum (called "Brustbein" -> chest-leg)

Well ... the "bein"-part in those words originally comes from the old word for bone (see the similarity?), but it's actually a well known joke among policemen and soldiers who are told to first shoot at the legs though ...

This is happening RIGHT now as of this posting about 1/2 a mile (.75 Km?) from my house.
http://www.chron.com/disp/stor ... metropolitan/5656924.html

I don't know how it'll turn out, but if he's armed, they're not going to aim for a leg.

How often are police shot at in Germany? Also, In some parts of the US., if you're defending yourself and you just wound the guy, there's a good possibility He'll sue you in court and REALLY rob you blind
Of course one have to own guns, how else you could survive in collapse of our civilization that is soon coming?
Quote from Racer Y :This is happening RIGHT now as of this posting about 1/2 a mile (.75 Km?) from my house.

[OT]Yeah, about 800m in proper units[/OT]

Quote :How often are police shot at in Germany?

I don't know about Germany, but rarely in the UK. In the UK only six have been shot dead since 1990. In a country with a population of 60 million (a fifth of a US).

In the UK most police don't have guns at all. All forces, however, have an armed response unit (the Met's is called CO19).
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :AR15 (Civi spec of M16)

Why is the stock shaped the way it is (jagged, on the bottom)? It appears to have a built-in bottle-opener.
Quote from David33 :It appears to have a built-in bottle-opener.

You can just shoot the top of the bottle off instead.
Quote from wheel4hummer :You can just shoot the top of the bottle off instead.

Or just use a normal bottle opener ?
Quote from tristancliffe :Having a name mentioned on a specific google search, when I have a fairly uncommon name, isn't surprising. But despite that I'm hardly in the public eye (the most I ever get is tiny columns in the local evening paper!) so I'm hardly famous...

your name is not that rare becuase my first name is Tristan
Tristan Cliffe is a rare name in the UK, and Tristan is probably the only person on 'tinterweb who uses the username "tristancliffe".

Even my name, Jakg, which is taken off my own name and wasn't inspired by anyone, is used by two other people (one being "JAKG" who i can find no details of, the other being called "Janesville Area Knitting Guild").
edit: i'll just shut me face then....
Quote from Jakg :....the other being called "Janesville Area Knitting Guild").

Now your name finally fits you
Quote from jibber :I'm surprised and at the same time a bit scared about how many people here have guns.

dont get scared, just dont say your adress and reaper doesnt come. i made a little joke for my brother at easter about it, i suited as reaper as on pictures people draw. took a Desert Eagle and at night i walked into his room and made some strange voices then he woke up and flew to the floor when he saw me coming with scythe on my other hand and desert eagle on my other hand(oh, and i actually fired the de into hes face. but he didnt die pecause i bought a black litte blowpack gas airsoft gun and took magasine out of it so there were no shots in it)
#115 - Woz
Quote from Racer Y :
How often are police shot at in Germany?

Very very rarley. I don't have exact numbers (perhaps due to the fact that is that rarely) but there is exatly 1(!) cop-murder I can remember and that was last year (but well ... that one is believed to be a hired murder as that cop was undercover (kind of a DEA-operation)).
A Few years ago there was a cop killed in service, but that happened to be more of anaccident (a ricochet if I remember it right) ...

Perhaps, if they got shot more often, "shooting-policy" would be different ... impossible to say that
Quote from avetere :Very very rarley. I don't have exact numbers (perhaps due to the fact that is that rarely) but there is exatly 1(!) cop-murder I can remember and that was last year (but well ... that one is believed to be a hired murder as that cop was undercover (kind of a DEA-operation)).
A Few years ago there was a cop killed in service, but that happened to be more of anaccident (a ricochet if I remember it right) ...

Perhaps, if they got shot more often, "shooting-policy" would be different ... impossible to say that

In Finland that is very rare too, I remember some guy from Denmark that killed two Finnish cops by shooting, but one being run over by drunken driver with car, it is not too often cops are killed here and we have quite lot of guns, maybe 3rd most in world when looking gun/person ratio?.
Hm, unfortunately I have a permision for this kind of weapons only:

i dont remember any time finninsh police is killed/shot someone. and even in jokela's school the grazy weardo had time to shoot many times and even shoot himself. I dont know why the hell they didnt shot him with sniper from window when he were near of windows
Quote from batteryy :i dont remember any time finninsh police is killed/shot someone. and even in jokela's school the grazy weardo had time to shoot many times and even shoot himself. I dont know why the hell they didnt shot him with sniper from window when he were near of windows

It would been inhumane thing to do or something crap like that.

That two cop killing did happen at 1997, Dane did escape from prison and for some reason was in Finland.
Quote from JTbo :It would been inhumane thing to do or something crap like that.

That two cop killing did happen at 1997, Dane did escape from prison and for some reason was in Finland.

maybe inhumane, but wise i think
Quote from swisscosmo :your name is not that rare becuase my first name is Tristan

That takes the "Tristan Cliffe's list of Tristans he's known about" to about 12, or thereabouts.
The only weapon I own is my body, why use a gun or even have one, well a real gun anyway. Air rifles and BB guns are ok for hunting and the BB guns for shooting your mates messing around. I can't understand why someone would need a gun in the first place, as I said the only weapon I own is my body, and the only thing I have what can shot is, well lets leave that as it is lol.
Quote from sam93 :The only weapon I own is my body, why use a gun or even have one, well a real gun anyway. Air rifles and BB guns are ok for hunting and the BB guns for shooting your mates messing around. I can't understand why someone would need a gun in the first place, as I said the only weapon I own is my body, and the only thing I have what can shot is, well lets leave that as it is lol.

i dont know why someone wouldnt need a gun. of course you have your body and thats able to kill and else but living without guns is depressing, you cant kill/destroy anything so easly. and BB guns and air rifles for hunting where you can hunt with those legally
Quote from batteryy :i dont know why someone wouldnt need a gun. of course you have your body and thats able to kill and else but living without guns is depressing...

What?!

do you own a gun?
(159 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG