The online racing simulator
#51 - SamH
Actually, you can score points if you're the only one in the server, though you'll score more, with more opponents (bigger/more significant win, etc), more laps and so on. If you're not getting points, it'll be something to do with the number of yellow flags you're throwing or the relationship between your licence level and the licence level required for the car you're driving, etc.
Gahh.. I asked something, but meant to ask something else.. must have been tired. What I meant to ask was how many racers it takes for a win to be registered as a win, and so forth. If there's only two players it wouldn't make sense.
Thanks!
Does the points weighting for your finishing position depend on the number of racers who start the race or who finish the race?

You always have more starters than finishers and I think those of us that soldier on through to the end should be rewarded, even if we are off the pace, and should not be penalised due to people ahead of us dropping out and thus reducing the number of finishers. :checkered
Totally agree with you Sig_ZA.

I think it has been mentioned somewhere that it's the number of racers at the start.
I'm pretty sure it depends on the number of racers who start the race.

You can see that when there is a track change. Most of the time, you only get 4 or 5 drivers who "start" the race because people are too fast with clicking "OK". The rest joins the grid/race later so you have as much finishers as in "normal" races. But you still get less points so I think it depends on the number of racers at the start.
ATM, that's not possible, as it gives out points before everyone finishes. The thing would have to be changed so that it gives out points after everyone finishes to ensure it gets the correct amount.
#59 - SamH
Quote from Sig_ZA :Does the points weighting for your finishing position depend on the number of racers who start the race or who finish the race?

You always have more starters than finishers and I think those of us that soldier on through to the end should be rewarded, even if we are off the pace, and should not be penalised due to people ahead of us dropping out and thus reducing the number of finishers. :checkered

You get points as if everyone who started also finished. You don't get *additional* points for finishing when others drop out, though. That wouldn't make sense.
Quote from SamH :You get points as if everyone who started also finished.

/\
This never happens...
#62 - aoun
Adding weight or restrictions to the car, does that give you more points, or does it make no difference?

And are there any leagues or championships to race in to get some extra points?
Quote from aoun :are there any leagues or championships to race in to get some extra points?

Not yet. I'm hoping that coming in X2 though.
Quote from The Moose :Not yet. I'm hoping that coming in X2 though.

Yes, this really sounds good for the future btw, I don't think this can work on single seaters. Weight added to an F3000 or an F1 car? This could be a good feature (i think) only for touring cars.
Quote from hariel-HUN- :Yes, this really sounds good for the future btw, I don't think this can work on single seaters. Weight added to an F3000 or an F1 car? This could be a good feature (i think) only for touring cars.

Donno, the FJR's are wicked fun.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Donno, the FJR's are wicked fun.

I am sorry, but because I'm not an englishman, I don't really understand these words, like "wicked" I hope you understood what I was trying to say (and hopefully i wrote what i was trying to say). So, I think this feature could be used in TBO class, because GTR's have their own restrictions, and for the insim, it would be hard to understand, what is going on, and this feature would be rubbish for single seaters. I mean, put extra weight for an F1 car?
Quote from hariel-HUN- :I am sorry, but because I'm not an englishman, I don't really understand these words, like "wicked" I hope you understood what I was trying to say (and hopefully i wrote what i was trying to say). So, I think this feature could be used in TBO class, because GTR's have their own restrictions, and for the insim, it would be hard to understand, what is going on, and this feature would be rubbish for single seaters. I mean, put extra weight for an F1 car?

Wicked is slang for 'cool' or 'fun' =) The FJR had an intake restriction and it was great fun.
Thanks a lot, I keep on learning new things!
Quote from SamH :There are a great many factors taken into consideration when awarding points. I haven't and don't plan to make the algorythm public, but to give you a bit of an idea, the following factors are considerations:
Did you race from the start, or join later?
Did you finish the race on the lead lap, or one or more laps down?
Did you cause an obstruction frequently in the race?
How many people took part in the race?
How close did you get to the lap record for the car/track combination?
What licence level are you at?
What licence level is the server?
How many laps was the race?
There are other factors as well, but that should give you an idea for starters

I was in the same situation as the original poster and had to search the LFS forum for "CTRA points system" and locate this thread. An explanation of the points system seems to be something significant that's missing from the main CTRA page, where only the 50 point B&J thing is mentioned. Might be worth adding the above summary to it to help folk understand the basis on which points are awarded. Just a thought.
#70 - SamH
Quote from modelmotorracing :I was in the same situation as the original poster and had to search the LFS forum for "CTRA points system" and locate this thread. An explanation of the points system seems to be something significant that's missing from the main CTRA page, where only the 50 point B&J thing is mentioned. Might be worth adding the above summary to it to help folk understand the basis on which points are awarded. Just a thought.

We have never divulged the specifics about how points are calculated. They're computed per driver, per race, based on many different factors. It's not as simple as saying "for 1st place you get x points".
No not divulge it, I said just the above summary. To save folk having to trawl through the forum for it.
#72 - SamH
Just the job, cheers.
#74 - aoun
Another few questions about the points system.

Does the points change depending on the joystick input. Either joystick/wheel, mouse or kb?
Having manual clutch (not auto clutch) change points?
#75 - SamH
Quote from aoun :Another few questions about the points system.

Does the points change depending on the joystick input. Either joystick/wheel, mouse or kb?
Having manual clutch (not auto clutch) change points?

Nope, those aren't factors in points calculation

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG