The online racing simulator
Quote from SamH :
There are other factors as well, but that should give you an idea for starters

Isn't the car multipler taken into account? I remember that in Race 1 driving the XRG give you a lot more points than driving the XFG. If it is, should be mention here, for starters it's important
Yah, Harder the car is to drive, the more points you get. so lets say in first place driving the XFG you get 5 pts.. In the XRG you would get 10

Same with the Race3 server, you get more points for using the XFR or UFR than the FXR, XRR, or FZR in the GT2 class.

Lol, same with Race2, FXO is lowest, then RB4, then for highest points you would drive the XRT.
#29 - SamH
Quote from nelson_trujillo :Isn't the car multipler taken into account? I remember that in Race 1 driving the XRG give you a lot more points than driving the XFG. If it is, should be mention here, for starters it's important

Quote from Matt0snap :Yah, Harder the car is to drive, the more points you get. so lets say in first place driving the XFG you get 5 pts.. In the XRG you would get 10

Same with the Race3 server, you get more points for using the XFR or UFR than the FXR, XRR, or FZR in the GT2 class.

Lol, same with Race2, FXO is lowest, then RB4, then for highest points you would drive the XRT.

Correctamundo
Quote from CTRA Server Page :The points-balancing has been dropped, thanks to the Master Server balancing, so it's a level playing field and you can choose the car you want to race.

#31 - SamH
Quote from Bean0 ::

Aye.. that's between the TBO cars. On the original STCC, you got more points for climbing in to an XRT than for climbing into an FXO. Then when the master server balancing happened, we removed those multipliers. All classes have their own points modifiers, though.. i.e. the points earned for driving GT2 are different from driving TBO, and GTR vs LRF etc.

[edit] ooer.. I see some TBO text needs moving about. It got carried into Race3 instead of staying in Race2. Well spotted, Stu!
Ah righto.

Was a tad confused there as the bit I quoted was at the end of the roadcar servers, it looked like it applied to all of them
#33 - SamH
Quote from Bean0 :Ah righto.

Was a tad confused there as the bit I quoted was at the end of the roadcar servers, it looked like it applied to all of them

Yep, my goof! I think I spread myself a little too thinly for a moment, in the run-up to Patch Y <g>
Just drove on Race 2, alone. And got points!
I though you werent supposed to get points if there weren't enough drivers on.

Is there a bug in the code? Did I get my Gold because of a bug?

WAAH! I don't want to lose my Gold but I don't want the Gold if I haven't earned it.
#35 - SamH
Nope, you can earn points even if you're alone in the server, if you get close to lap records and drive a clean race. The only things that aren't counted are win/podium/race stats etc.
I get 30 points just for keeping on the track and driving a new pb? IIRC it was over 4 seconds slower than lap record for WE1r with the XRT.

I don't care too much for gathering points, but I definitely don't want to lose any.
-1000 points for March Hare

or how bout -6000 lol
Just drive very close to me and I'll propably end up taking you with me as I mess up in some turn. Then raise a report and... TADAH! I lose points.
On final question regarding points if I may.....

I noticed that I may receive a zero or one point total after a race if I am in an altercation. Example is I am in let's say 10th out of 25, I get hit from behind and lose 6 positions until the checkered flag (without being lapped). I have committed no direct fault and am off the pace for the remainder of the race.

What causes the ultra low points? It is just simply having damage or is it the sub-par lap times?

I feel like I am asking for insider info...

Thanks all!
#40 - SamH
As already explained, there are many factors in determining the points awarded. Definitely, coming 16th you're unlikely to score many points at all. Probably zero, actually.
Quote from SamH :As already explained, there are many factors in determining the points awarded. Definitely, coming 16th you're unlikely to score many points at all. Probably zero, actually.

I've found that normally, the top 7 or 8 score points. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Question: Why have I only ever scored 50 points or 0 points on CTRA B&J? I got 0 when I'm over a lap down, but all other times I've scored 50, wherever I finish/fastest lap e.t.c.
#42 - Jakg
You score 50 for finishing on the lead lap on the very very very base license, the second you move up that goes away...
Quote from Jakg :You score 50 for finishing on the lead lap on the very very very base license, the second you move up that goes away...

Ah, ok. Cheers.

Got Yellow Roof @ the weekend - so that's why.
Quote from Jakg :You score 50 for finishing on the lead lap on the very very very base license, the second you move up that goes away...

Oh, then how come I didn't get any points for finishing 10th out of 20th, on the lead lap, when I have the most basic licence and no points?? This was at Blackwood, in an XFG the other night.
Quote from CR1972 :Oh, then how come I didn't get any points for finishing 10th out of 20th, on the lead lap, when I have the most basic licence and no points?? This was at Blackwood, in an XFG the other night.

He was answering a question about the BnJ server, it doesn't apply to the Race or Single Seater servers.
Ah ok..
Are the points earned in UF Baby R counted on the Race license?
#48 - Dru
Quote from Hoppers :Are the points earned in UF Baby R counted on the Race license?

yup - they go onto your CTRA points the same as Race 1-3
Great, thanks!
Quote from SamH :There are a great many factors taken into consideration when awarding points. I haven't and don't plan to make the algorythm public, but to give you a bit of an idea, the following factors are considerations:
(...)
How many people took part in the race?
(...)
There are other factors as well, but that should give you an idea for starters

I'm a little curious about this point. I've noticed that a certain minimum number of racers is required for points to be scored at all. What is this number? Is it only the number of cars in your own class that matters, or the total number of cars in the race?

Cheers!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG