The online racing simulator
#1 - yuppy
CTRA-X Points System
Hello All,

I have just started my CTRA license quest and LFS career and am interested in understanding the CTRA points system in greater detail.

I am interested specifically in how/why points are awarded, for example... how and why you get a certain number of points for any particular race.

I have raced some and gotten 13 points per race, while other races I will only get 6. Both races very comparable in terms of finishing position and cleanliness.

Just trying to understand the math behind it.

If you have any info to share, please do!

Cheers!
Yuppy
#2 - Bean0
It's a bit of a voodoo art, and CTRA want to keep it that way.

There are a few things that have been revealed, but the weighting of each has never been posted.

Finishing position (obviously)
Fastest lap - compared to track record, type '$track' in the chatbox to check these
Number of particpants - Bigger grid = more points.
Your license level - less points scored by higher licensed racers.

I'm pretty sure that as you move up through the servers the points increase, but not definite about that.
#3 - SamH
There are a great many factors taken into consideration when awarding points. I haven't and don't plan to make the algorythm public, but to give you a bit of an idea, the following factors are considerations:
Did you race from the start, or join later?
Did you finish the race on the lead lap, or one or more laps down?
Did you cause an obstruction frequently in the race?
How many people took part in the race?
How close did you get to the lap record for the car/track combination?
What licence level are you at?
What licence level is the server?
How many laps was the race?
There are other factors as well, but that should give you an idea for starters
You will never get a full explanation, but lets just say there are many factors that make up how many points are scored, including the amount of people in the race, your position and your lap times.

In a heavily populated race finishing in a good position with a lap time close to the record for that combo will score you lots of points.

The amount of points you get also depend on what licence you hold. The higher the licence,the less points you get.

EDIT....If only my typing was at the same pace as my driving Still, it give Sam a chance to beat me at something
#5 - yuppy
Excellent thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for. That is definitely enough info to quench my thurst.

Thanks again!
#6 - SamH
Quote from The Moose :EDIT....If only my typing was at the same pace as my driving Still, it give Sam a chance to beat me at something

hehehe!!! I'm gonna hunt ya down later on, and prove you wrong
Quote from SamH :hehehe!!! I'm gonna hunt ya down later on, and prove you wrong

Bring it on

..damn, that's asking for trouble. I'm prepared to eat humble pie though.
#8 - SamH
Quote from SamH :/me goes to bind "/axload roadblock" to a wheel button...

Hehe
#10 - SamH
/me chortles
/Me rofl's classic stuff

Looks like i'll need a new car then..

#12 - SamH
ROFL!!!!
:ices_rofl:ices_rofl:ices_rofl:ices_rofl
I do not know if the guys doing the coding stuff on the CTRA now have changed the algorythm at all but one important thing to remember is that the points multiplyer for "lap time bonus" is mutually exclusive with your "cleanliness" bonus. Only the higher of the two scores is used, it's therefore easier to earn points by driving cleanly than quickly.
#15 - SamH
Nope, we haven't changed that. That's still the case
Here comes Sam and Dustin.....

Forgive me for going horribly OT here
#17 - SamH
Roflmao!!!!
The CTRA points system is like the DaVinci Code.
I don't understand it and probably never will!
Moose, you're just mad becuase we're gonna take all your pints away, because you shouldn't be drunk driving.

Now Sam, he drives like he's drunk anyways
lol moose
Quote from J@tko :The CTRA points system is like the DaVinci Code.

What? a load of crap and a complete waste of time?
It almost.. makes sense even.
Quote from The Moose :What? a load of crap and a complete waste of time?

Yeah!
Wait - no - that's not what I meant! - That's just the DaVInci Code!
#24 - SamH
Grr! The only problem with the CTRA points system is that I get a nosebleed after 5 mins, every time I sit down to tweak it
Let me tweak it!

... if username = dawesdust_12
exp = exp ^2
End If..

Muhaha

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG