The online racing simulator
Who else uses a PS3 controler for LFS?
I was wondering if anyone else uses the PS3's controler to play LFS?
I did for a while till I got a G25...How do you have urs set up
Here is what I used:

Left Stick = steering
Right stick = throttle / brake
L1 = shift-down
R1 = Shift-up
R2 = hand-brake
i use an old assed PS2 controller lol. Tried buying a new one but it just didnt feel the same
I used to use a PS3 controller...it was pretty damn fast too

But then I came to my senses and got a G25
I used a PC joypad for about 1.2 years, and like others, i then got my DFP for Christmas. Also, i am already faster then what i was on the joypad...
Quote from Matt0snap :I did for a while till I got a G25...How do you have urs set up
Here is what I used:

Left Stick = steering
L1 = shift-down
R1 = Shift-up
R2 = hand-brake

Left Stick = steering Right stick = nothingR3= hornStart Button= ignitionSelect = change viewTriangle = Shift UpSquare = Shift DownX = E-BrakeCircle = NothingR2= GasL2= BrakeI think it is better than a keyboard but I have no idea why lfs wont recognize that R2 and L2 are pressure sensitive.
Quote from Matt0snap :I did for a while till I got a G25...How do you have urs set up
Here is what I used:

Left Stick = steering
L1 = shift-down
R1 = Shift-up
R2 = hand-brake

lol i use the exact same but now when i plug my controller in it says "usb device not recognise" any help???
bump
i would love to use my ps3 controller for lfs, but how do you get it do work? any help?
:hidesbehi
Theres 2 different driver software that I know of that works on Windows. This one is the one I use, and it works the best. Here's how:

1. Download the file.
2. Unpack the ps3sixaxis_en.exe
3. Plug in the PS3 pad with a USB cable
4. Press the PS button
5. Run ps3sxaxis_en.exe ONCE

Then it's recognised by Windows
Everytime you plug it in, go from Step 3...

There's no bluetooth support yet, AFAIK...
I use a DFP ... that is a ps3 controller too
I use a PS3 controller

my setup is

Left Stick = steering
L1 = Speed limiter
L2 = Shift down
R1 = Handbrake
R2 = Shift up
X = Horn
O = flash
▲ = Reset
Button left = look left
Button right = look right
Button down = rear view

Quote from 2fast13 :I use Dfp....that is a ps3 controller and it is awesome!

It isn't a PS3 controller, it is a wheel.
If you are going to use a gamepad don´t use a horrible one like the PS 2 get the MS xbox 360 gamepad for use on PC works brilliant with "analogue" triggers . I don´t think they are truly analogue there seem to be three stages in them

It´s not cheap but there is the best gamepad out there. But you should get a wheel. It makes it much more fun and immersive even though it makes you slower in arcade games especially
Quote from oqvist :If you are going to use a gamepad don´t use a horrible one like the PS 2 get the MS xbox 360 gamepad for use on PC works brilliant with "analogue" triggers . I don´t think they are truly analogue there seem to be three stages in them

It´s not cheap but there is the best gamepad out there. But you should get a wheel. It makes it much more fun and immersive even though it makes you slower in arcade games especially

XBOX controllers aren't the best, i really don't like the positions of the joysticks. btw it's about PS3 controllers and not your XBOX controller.
AND i have a wheel also.
Quote from G!NhO :XBOX controllers aren't the best, i really don't like the positions of the joysticks. btw it's about PS3 controllers and not your XBOX controller.
AND i have a wheel also.

I use the Xbox360 DriveFX wheel..And for it not being a PC wheel...Its pretty dang good except from the 90 degree rotation...

Edit: Nevermind I just read what you fully said.....
can someone tell me their settings? the ones in options
i dont get it... ive uninstalled the driver like 5 times... and it wont work... i follow the steps carefully but i cant get it to work
Quote from MrPDR :can someone tell me their settings? the ones in options

Quote from G!NhO :I use a PS3 controller

my setup is

Left Stick = steering
L1 = Speed limiter
L2 = Shift down
R1 = Handbrake
R2 = Shift up
X = Horn
O = flash
▲ = Reset
Button left = look left
Button right = look right
Button down = rear view

Quote from chanoman315 :i dont get it... ive uninstalled the driver like 5 times... and it wont work... i follow the steps carefully but i cant get it to work

did you plug the controler in and is it blinking before you open the exe
If you have the driver installed, just plug in the controller, press the PS button, and then start the driver app...that's it

I've tried it in 98, XP and Vista, so there's no problems with it...
Well, i push the PS button and the lights keep blinking
Press the PS button, then start the driver, then press the PS button again...That outta do it

Make sure that it is listed in Windows game controllers, and that it isn't the game not detecting it...
I use an old PS1-controller. I tried a PS2-controller once, but the sticks had a bit to much resistance for me. There's nothing more comfortable to play with than that classic PS-pad for me(even though it's gone brown over the years ).
I might give my setup when i come home.
I used my xbox (1) controller, I didn't really care for it.. I was able to set the triggers as it's own acess points to have pressure senstive gas and brake.

I like my mouse alot better.. I can drive without any cultch help.. blip the throttle, just it was slower with braking otherwise I'd tend to get flat spots.

Just ordered a G25 for $213 US shipped

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG