The online racing simulator
Jump Hack.
(117 posts, started )
Quote from John5200 :Look the replay the admin banns him 3 or 4 times.
And he says he changes everytime his IP adress.

So he does not have a static IP. Then the admin can band from x.x.x.0 to x.x.x.255, and thus prevents all other racers using same ISP. Only option would be to block specific MAC-address. However, that is kinda impossible in this kind of situation (How to get that MAC-address..?)
Quote from Gekkibi :(How to get that MAC-address..?)

MAC addresses are only useful on the same local network, unless the higher level protocol transports/sends it also. The reason for this is that the layer 2 parts of the protocol get rewritten at each router.
Quote from the_angry_angel :MAC addresses are only useful on the same local network, unless the higher level protocol transports/sends it also. The reason for this is that the layer 2 parts of the protocol get rewritten at each router.

Oh, yes. How silly of me. I knew that, just forgot it for couple of minutes. This made me look like a complete jerk.

So lets edit my arguments: It is impossible to ban someone who doesn't use static IP-address.
Quote from Gekkibi :So he does not have a static IP. Then the admin can band from x.x.x.0 to x.x.x.255, and thus prevents all other racers using same ISP. Only option would be to block specific MAC-address. However, that is kinda impossible in this kind of situation (How to get that MAC-address..?)

If it is an IP block on the server you could block the entire range of that provider. To bad for other people using the same provider, they will be blocked too.

If he is blocked on the lfs demoserver, he is not blocked. You can't block people, only kick them (since blocking is done on usernames and Demoplayers don't have lfsworld usernames).

I can't watch replay here what is blocked.
Quote from marzman :If he is blocked on the lfs demoserver, he is not blocked. You can't block people, only kick them (since blocking is done on usernames and Demoplayers don't have lfsworld usernames).

Demo bans are done per IP, so yes you can ban people, it's just not always effective.
#81 - xt
here is situation as i see it - hacker are overtaking admin pwd, and then using it for itself.

maybe need to do Y11 with admin pwd encryption... then wait couple of weeks and watch the situation, it is solved or not.
Quote from xt :here is situation as i see it - hacker are overtaking admin pwd, and then using it for itself.

maybe need to do Y11 with admin pwd encryption... then wait couple of weeks and watch the situation, it is solved or not.

Or instruct the admins to use harder passwords (Containing capital and small letters and numbers randomly).
#83 - xt
Quote from Gekkibi :Or instruct the admins to use harder passwords (Containing capital and small letters and numbers randomly).

but if this pwd can be cathced by remote, then this super hard pwd is same candy to 3rd person as an easy pwd.
Quote from xt :but if this pwd can be cathced by remote, then this super hard pwd is same candy to 3rd person as an easy pwd.

Oh, ya. Forgot about that... My example only works if admin uses directly dedicated server.
Maybe we should have called our server that mcgas since you where in there some how teleporting yourself around like in the sky then down then sky then down etc...
I was indeed, And ive reported it to Scawen - Glenn said i could test my theory in the server. So i did.

E: Also for your information, I was not teleporting. I was freezing the memory locations where my LFS X,Y,Z was causing LFS to put me back to where it thinks i should be. So please get facts before saying crap.
Quote from zak_mull :Maybe we should have called our server that mcgas since you where in there some how teleporting yourself around like in the sky then down then sky then down etc...

Quote from mcgas001 :I was indeed, And ive reported it to Scawen - Glenn said i could test my theory in the server. So i did.

I did indeed zak
Can someone say if the x,y co-ords are the only thing being changed? I've just spent a number of hours writing code to record certain MCI data being 'hacked' to compile a list of cheaters and I think I may have wasted that time.

Is it just co-ords being hacked? Thanks in advance.
Quote from JasonJ :Can someone say if the x,y co-ords are the only thing being changed? I've just spent a number of hours writing code to record certain MCI data being 'hacked' to compile a list of cheaters and I think I may have wasted that time.

Is it just co-ords being hacked?

Its not only that im sure, but it certainly plays a big part. I looked in memory for my X,Y,Z values. Once found i parked in a position, and then i froze my X,Y,Z in memory. Then when i tried to move LFS couldnt update my X,Y,Z so it pretty much didnt. Then when it came round to reposition me. It thought i hadnt moved, So it put me back where i locked the X,Y,Z. Effectivly creating a loop.

I will say this though. If you lock the X,Y,Z then manually change the Z the car bounces like anything and your MCI values go nuts, and i mean truly nuts! The hacking people are doing now seems a lot simpler to me. All they have to do is check every track, Store where they want to go and then, Just change the memory value to there saved value and bang, They have teleported...So...
Thanks alot. Hope they visit our server.
Seen a video where there were cars on skyscraper roof. So this bug has been known for some time. Well, good that someone honest found it, so devs can fix it.
Quote from Gekkibi :Seen a video where there were cars on skyscraper roof. So this bug has been known for some time. Well, good that someone honest found it, so devs can fix it.

Is indeed, I reported my findings to Scawen as soon as i found them. Hopefully something will be fixed.
hey not sure if this guy is hacking or what but right now in our demo server this guy who says he is lagging like his car floats around and he goes out of bounds and pops right back in and his car isnt damaging he just floats around the map popping up and down come to the demo *FX racing server if you want to see it name is luisp15 or something...
yeh someone seriously needs to come check this out before the guys leaves i mean i dunno but this is sure weird looking...ill save replay to..
Just an idea but if you modify the LFSLapper script for the sectors to make it:

from
Great Time by {blah blah}

to
/ban {blah blah}

Quote from msmolt :theres not one here. closest one is in london And I have no passport or any ID as to who I am. I tryed to file a form for lost Passport but she wont give me the phone # to the apartment we live in and its required to finnish the form. Good news looks like my sister is coming for me in may Dam nother 3 months of dimo that sucks

Dude that's like the most FU#K*D up story I've read in some time! Is she insane? I wanna hear more!!! You're forced to sit in her apartment all day long, and do absolutely nothing? Does she at least provide food????
LOL one of the mods could find and lookup his IP, and then rescue him in something like Die Hard 4...
Quote from DHRammstein :Dude that's like the most FU#K*D up story I've read in some time! Is she insane? I wanna hear more!!! You're forced to sit in her apartment all day long, and do absolutely nothing? Does she at least provide food????

If she didnt provide food then I doubt being on LFS forum would be his highest priority
Look what i found!
USA Embassy
Lange Voorhout 102
2514 EJ The Hague
The Netherlands
Phone: +31 (0)70 310 22 09
Fax: +31 (0)70 361 46 88
Web site:http://netherlands.usembassy.gov/
That msmolt:s story is the most unbeliavable thing i´ve read on this forum!!
That sounds like taken from a movie, never quite thought that things like that really happen.

Jump Hack.
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG