The online racing simulator
The ture in Lhasa
(60 posts, started )
The ture in Lhasa
Quote from scania :The Lhasa's people kill other & police with no reason & the police haven't stop them

I'm always going to believe someone who's posting an opinion from within a censored country... especially one governed by the those who are against Tibet being an independent state... and who have blocked access to YouTube within the mainland area due in large part to the content about Tibet

There's a lack of bias for you.

I'm incredibly interested as to why you say "no reason". There's no reason that people might want to be free of a dictatorship? There's no reason why one entire people group would not want to be ruled by another with an iron hand? I think you're having a laugh.

I'm not going to endorse people killing other people, but open your eyes - this is what China has had coming to it since their last slaughter of Tibetan protesters in 1953. The only difference this time is that if they kill them all... they'll probably lose the Olympic Games.
Quote from scania :The Lhasa's people kill other & police with no reason & the police haven't stop them

Reminds me of the Asterix comic book where a Roman centurion complains about the Gauls:
"Bah! We fought those people, crushed them, occupied the country, and now, without any reason at all, they're turning against us."
(quoted from memory and translated loosely)
#5 - bbman
Quote from scania :http://kadfly.blogspot.com/
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=TudH4XKiQtI

The Lhasa's people kill other & police with no reason & the police haven't stop them

http://fileblog.hjbbs.com/pic/ ... 008031515433765_908_o.jpg
http://fileblog.hjbbs.com/pic/ ... 008031515132296_909_o.jpg

Those trucks aren't police... Normally, to detach military force the shit must have hit the fan hard... And for China to deploy them so fast, and for what has begun as just protests, this smells very much like propagandistic bullshit if you ask me...
I'm lucky I only have to deal with the propaganda of governments that don't block YouTube and don't put people in jail for having an opinion that differs from the mainstream one, or the totalitarian one.

So here you have it, flawed news from a government who censors dissenting opinions...

My opinion on Tibet won't change, especially when a government plans an influx of 40 million Chinese to overwhelm the existing majority of about 7 million ethnic Tibetans. And the principle of self-determination goes down the drain.
#7 - JJ72
Quote from JamesF1 :I'm always going to believe someone who's posting an opinion from within a censored country... especially one governed by the those who are against Tibet being an independent state... and who have blocked access to YouTube within the mainland area due in large part to the content about Tibet

There's a lack of bias for you.

I'm incredibly interested as to why you say "no reason". There's no reason that people might want to be free of a dictatorship? There's no reason why one entire people group would not want to be ruled by another with an iron hand? I think you're having a laugh.

I'm not going to endorse people killing other people, but open your eyes - this is what China has had coming to it since their last slaughter of Tibetan protesters in 1953. The only difference this time is that if they kill them all... they'll probably lose the Olympic Games.

Well get your fact straight, Hong Kong =/= China.

Shame on your ignorance if you think people in Hong Kong are so stupid they can't tell the truth just because of "cultural repression" that never actually existed before in our part of the land.

The rest, no comment.
Quote from JJ72 :Well get your fact straight, Hong Kong =/= China.

I didn't say it was, but it is an SAR of China

Quote :... if you think people in Hong Kong are so stupid ...

I never called anyone stupid - you made that presumption
#9 - JJ72
Quote from JamesF1 :I didn't say it was, but it is an SAR of China

But SAR of China is administrated by a different body and we don't censor youtube. The biased group that you are thinking about isn't the one you are now talking to.

Quote from JamesF1 :I never called anyone stupid - you made that presumption

Guess I am really fed up with a lot of press just jumping on the bandwagon that China is evil/a dictatorship while most of the european countries had the same sort of act in their history.

Not that I am going to defend for China, I don't think it's right, but how quick people dismiss an opinion just because its from a Chinese source disgusts me.
Quote from JJ72 :
Guess I am really fed up with a lot of press just jumping on the bandwagon that China is evil/a dictatorship while most of the european countries had the same sort of act in their history.

History. Not news. That's a huge difference, exploited by most supporters of the Tibetan invasion.

And don't get me started about Countries which still have masked forms of colonialism. My position should be well known about such issues. If you think that the wrong actions of a people or of a government justify the wrong actions of another people or government, you're dead wrong.
Quote from JJ72 :But SAR of China is administrated by a different body and we don't censor youtube. The biased group that you are thinking about isn't the one you are now talking to.

Granted, that's true... but just because you're in a SAR of China, doesn't mean that you're not affected or, indeed, included in the censorship - even if it isn't explicit. I, for one, appreciate your lack of bias in the situation - but I do know from a friend from Hong Kong that HK is far from 'censorship-free'.

Quote :Guess I am really fed up with a lot of press just jumping on the bandwagon that China is evil/a dictatorship while most of the european countries had the same sort of act in their history.

That's the difference though... in their history. The issue is that China is doing that today (I'm also not defending anyone else who does it, simply stating why China is a target).

Quote :Not that I am going to defend for China, I don't think it's right, but how quick people dismiss an opinion just because its from a Chinese source disgusts me.

I didn't dismiss it because it was from a Chinese source, I dismissed it because it was wrong. I blamed it on China's censorship, rather than accusing the individual of being narrow minded - which, I felt, was a better approach to the situation as I doubt someone could be quite so blind as to presume China were innocent in all of this given even the basic facts of the situation.
#12 - JJ72
Quote from Albieg :History. Not news. That's a huge difference, exploited by most supporters of the Tibetan invasion.

And don't get me started about Countries which still have masked forms of colonialism. My position should be well known about such issues. If you think that the wrong actions of a people or of a government justify the wrong actions of another people or government, you're dead wrong.

I never think it's justified. I just think it's all different stages of a process, there's isn't such a large gap between coming clean or not as the critics would suggest, we are all in some way still acting in ways that we shouldn't. (personal opinion of course)

By then I don't think its ever right
#13 - JJ72
Quote from JamesF1 :Granted, that's true... but just because you're in a SAR of China, doesn't mean that you're not affected or, indeed, included in the censorship - even if it isn't explicit. I, for one, appreciate your lack of bias in the situation - but I do know from a friend from Hong Kong that HK is far from 'censorship-free'.

We have FOX, CNN, BBC, and various magazine choices just like you enjoy, it's available but yes indeed not everyone knows/bothers how to seek them other than the daily TV or newspaper.

There are other side of the censorship and objectivity issues as well, I have the feeling that some of the american press is quite fast in labelling/victimising coutries that are considered political threats to their government
Quote from JJ72 :Guess I am really fed up with a lot of press just jumping on the bandwagon that China is evil/a dictatorship while most of the european countries had the same sort of act in their history.

Funny you should mention the same sentence that the Chinese government and propaganda uses to justify their actions...

Quote from JJ72 :I never think it's justified. I just think it's all different stages of a process,[...]

So you would say that China is an antiquated society? Will the ethnic cleansing phase of China begin before or after the Olympic Games?
#16 - JJ72
Quote from bbman :So you would say that China is an antiquated society? Will the ethnic cleansing phase of China begin before or after the Olympic Games?

China is an enclosed country until last 50 or so years, and none of the democratic movement european countries experience made its mark until very recent years. For a country ruled by absolute imperialism suddenly open to democratic ideas, a lot of things are happening really fast, a lot of people are confused, worried, and a lot of the inherited flaws in our culture is exposed - lack of respect and trust between people results in an exploit of authority, lack of faith in our own ability to make decisions leads to close mindness towards things we don't understand.

Ethic cleansing.....it's hard to say, since most part of the world is actually going downhill in ethics, china don't really have anyone to look up to, another problem is we don't have a strong religious backbone, we have many superstitions, many idols which we seek luck and wealth towards, but nothing really spiritual. There's a detachment to ethical living except the need to blend in to the rest of the world when trying to do business. The Olympics is actually a pretty good example, in Beijing there're movements to encourage queueing - yup lining up. it's hard to imagine how can something so basic needs to be educated, but indeed step by step China is learning the ropes - perheps in a result orientated way.
JJ72 - Wake up dud, why do you think China invaded Tibet on highly spurious grounds.

It's a great location for their missiles ( Tibetian plateau, check a map ) and it's also a great location for dumping nuclear waste, after all it is an occupied colony.

They have also been happily sterilising Tibetan women for at least the last 20 years while bringing in millions of chinese to ensure that if they are forced to have elections Tibetans won't stand a chance of winning.

China never allow any divergence from the party line and are more than happy killing as many people as needed to get their way.

And as for the line that His Holiness has organised the protest's, well you have to blame somebody. No chance of China saying that their policies have created the situation.

If the rest of the world had any gut's then we should boycott the Olympics but I don't expect that to happen.
#19 - JJ72
hm it's 21st century why would we need to launch missles from a plateau...thinner air? transcontinental missles goes straight into the stratosphere anyway? It would make more sense if you say it's closer to the core of europe.

no clue about nuclear waste, we are a big big country wouldn't it be a lot of trouble doing all that just to find a nuclear landfill.

I don't buy into the theory of Dalai Lama bringing up all these either.

And I think the Olympics should be politics free, that's its original intention.
#20 - JJ72
Quote from Kalev EST :Ethnic cleansing, ethnic.

My bad my bad.....

It depends how you define it...if you mean actually going in and slaughtering people, I don't think even the Chinese government think they could get away with it. But homogenization through economics, culture and laws has always been the case, in fact Chinese is only so big becaues of constant war and homogenization with nearby civilizations.

China paid big time for Tiananmen so I don't really think they would like to give the western world another reason to pick on, but most likely they will screw up because of some impatient officials prefer doing things the quick and dirty way when dealing with people who don't conform to the partie's ideal.
The latest news I read talk about the last two journalists in Tibet being expelled. No news, bad news.
Quote from JJ72 :

And I think the Olympics should be politics free, that's its original intention.

The Olympics have never been politics free, indeed they have often dramatised the political inconsistencies of the host countries in ways that state propaganda machines have rarely been able to control effectively.

Think of Jesse Owens at the German Olympics in 1936: an African-American athlete who beat the "Aryan nation's" best, but who had to wait until 1976 to be accorded any state honour in his own country. Neither Germany nor America came out untainted from that spectacle. Think of the Moscow Olympics in 1980 and wonder whether perestroika would be an inevitable political shift just five years later.

The Olympics is a huge propaganda exercise, but the sheer weight of spectacle will surely overwhelm and expose any irregularities of the host country. China will not be able to dampen the noise of props falling over backstage.
Quote from nihil :The Olympics have never been politics free.

They were in Anciet Greece. Atleast that´s what they say in history books.
#24 - JJ72
That's why it shouldn't be in my opinion........okay unevitably we all know it will most likely be political no matter how you avoid it, just like valentine's day will always be a consumerist and misogynist bullcrap, but as long as someone stands for correctness and believes in the original intention of the game, it should at least be politically free as a ideal.
Quote from Kalev EST :They were in Anciet Greece. Atleast that´s what they say in history books.

What history books do you read?! The ancient games were part of a religious festival... Have you ever known a religion that wasn't riven by sectarian bickering, boasting, and manipulative power struggles? And you couldn't compete if you were not Greek, however if you came from a colony you were allowed into the games... You don't think there would have been just a little national rivalry going on there?

The ture in Lhasa
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG