The online racing simulator
ALMS/LMS/Le Mans 2008
(227 posts, started )
Ack! I slept in! Now I'm scrambling to get TVU up and running so I can catch some of the race :S
ooops ive been watching ALMS for a few years now, thought there was more!

only caught one of the commentators saying some thing about the lack of GT1 cars this year.
Yeah, the GT1 grid sucks. That Aston probably ain't gonna have any chance against the Corvettes, not even talking about this race but future races.

Pug is really flying. It's definitely faster than Audi which seem to have some serious handling issues.
What codec do I need to view the video properly? It's coming out all green and blue like a bad acid trip =/

[Edit] Boo NASCAR.
do you have ATI? Try turning off "WMV acceleration" or something from the Catalyst control panel.

Quite common prob with any WMV video.
What happened to the Mazda P2 car that wrecked in qual and was supposedly repaired for the race?
Excluded I guess. Probably couldn't get it fixed.

The crash was shown early in the coverage from amateur video, quite a big shunt.
Quote from deggis :do you have ATI? Try turning off "WMV acceleration" or something from the Catalyst control panel.

Quite common prob with any WMV video.

Yes I do have ATI. Thanks for that, I'll give it a shot!
[edit] Nope

Quote from deggis :Excluded I guess. Probably couldn't get it fixed.

The crash was shown early in the coverage from amateur video, quite a big shunt.

It was out in warm-up, so I'm not sure why it is not there.
TEsting to see whether it's race worthy and maybe it isn't?
Blah. Looked too good to be true... so of course Pug had to fubar it now.
Those commercials REALLY get on my nerves... :arge:
It's SC episode, so they put these ad breaks now and might show a bit longer without ads when the racing starts again (somehow I doubt that though )
Green and we got a T1 accident in T3 (Risi Competizione T-boning Farnbacher Porsche)...
been good so for, just a shame the 908 messed up
Quote from bbman :Green and we got a T1 accident in T3 (Risi Competizione T-boning Farnbacher Porsche)...

Which Porsche lost out to the Risi Ferrari last year? Was it the Farnbacher car? That would be some pretty funny irony right there...
Nah it was Flying Lizard.

However, Risi did drive really dirty last year at Sebring, pushing Flying Lizard wide on the last corner to cross the line first. I am just glad Risi crashed. Flying Lizard should've won last season.
Yeah, shame for the 908. I just hope the three cars in le Mans will go like clockwork and that we will see a nice battle in Le Mans with the Audis.
Quote from Tweaker :Nah it was Flying Lizard.

However, Risi did drive really dirty last year at Sebring, pushing Flying Lizard wide on the last corner to cross the line first. I am just glad Risi crashed. Flying Lizard should've won last season.

I didn't see anything wrong with what Melo did last year - and I'm a Lizard fan. A little nudge here and there is perfectly ok as far as I'm concerned.

Quote from deggis :Well there's three LMS rounds Pug vs. Audi before Le Mans

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2 ... ns_Series_season#Schedule

This race might not be over yet, P2 cars might have a "momentum", once again... *hopes for miracle*

What? Audi is running LMS this year?
Those commentators are useless... They noticed the missing rear winglet on the Dyson Porsche just when he came into the pits, but not while they noticed how hard it is for the P2 car to lap the GT2s 10 minutes before... And they had to find out about the Audi suspension problem by pitradio, where it was clear to see the Audi was so out of balance you could see sparks when it rammed over the curb in the exit of T1... :doh:
Quote from MAGGOT :What? Audi is running LMS this year?

You've missed that? I think they announced that already in January. So shouldn't be hard to make it the best year of LMS series so far.

GT grids in LMS looks a bit crap this year altough... GT1 healthier still than ALMS.
Race over. Maybe not an instant classic but at least we got a surprise winner
Very good race.

Pretty embarrassing for the Audi and Peugeot teams, though.

Moreso for Audi.
did the penske porshe go on to win then, i fell asleep with 1 Hour to go :P

ALMS/LMS/Le Mans 2008
(227 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG