The online racing simulator
ALMS/LMS/Le Mans 2008
(227 posts, started )
Sebring this weekend!
I might go home this weekend, and if I do I shall park my arse infront of the TV for all 10 hours of SPEED Channel's coverage. (In the 2-hour NASCAR break I shall vomit and then make myself some food.)
Quote from MAGGOT :(In the 2-hour NASCAR break I shall vomit and then make myself some food.)

Yeah... Nationswide qualifying and Nascar PRACTICE... really more important than the 2nd most epic race of the year?
Quote from deggis :Yeah... Nationswide qualifying and Nascar PRACTICE... really more important than the 2nd most epic race of the year?

In the past they've had a break for F1 Qualifying (from LeMans, anyways, not sure about Sebring) and as much as I've bitched about that, I'd prefer F1 quali to anything NASCAR. I still don't like the break, though. If your announcers don't want to do 12 hours straight, get more announcers :P
i think over here, motors tv has the whole 12Hs, but i cant remember
Will Eurosport cover any of it?
motors tv showing it over the 12hrs on and off i think!
Quote from Primoz :Will Eurosport cover any of it?

As far as I've understood Eurosport only got rights to 24 LM and LMS series. ALMS stays on MotorsTV.

Apparently the LMP1/LMP2 qualifying was a havoc: the Mazda crashed heavily so early that the quali was cancelled. Because only few cars had a chance to get fast laps, they decided to use practice times. So Audi on pole, Peugeot 2nd. Not that this would matter in long race anyway.

More: http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=3989

Race starts Saturday 10:05 EDT / 14:05 UTC

Speed's coverage starts 9:30 am (01:30 pm UTC) and the Nascrap break is between 12:00-02:00 pm. After that it shows until the race finish. Use this to get your local time.

You can watch Speed stream from TVU networks. Download TVUPlayer, install and pick a channel called "53060 Wheels".

Don't forget live timing and Radio Le Mans.

ps. Right now the tvunetworks.com seems to be down, and I guess that's why the whole program does not load. That better get fixed before saturday...
Quote from deggis :You can watch Speed stream from TVU networks. Download TVUPlayer, install and pick a channel called "53060 Wheels".

I love you.

[edit] In a plutonic, non-gay, kinda way. LOL
You mean platonic, don't you
Quote from deggis :ps. Right now the tvunetworks.com seems to be down, and I guess that's why the whole program does not load. That better get fixed before saturday...

Seems to be up and alright as I am watching the Speed Channel right now. I love TVUplayer as my parents refuse to get digital cable/satellite, so it is the only way for me to watch the Speed Channel.
Wrong alarm, it was a problem my ISP.
Quote from deggis :Wrong alarm, it was a problem my ISP.

You mean TVU Networks is online? I can't get to it right now and the 12 hours of Sebring is getting closer.
Quote from X-Ter :You mean TVU Networks is online? I can't get to it right now and the 12 hours of Sebring is getting closer.

Do you have Telia? You know, Telia there, Sonera here, same company? What I've heard guesses is that some router has been broken in Sweden.

But I managed to by pass this problem with this: http://www.download.com/Hotspo ... 3000-2092_4-10594721.html

Warning: it includes adware (no spyware/virures through, I've checked) and that can be removed with add/remove uninstaller. Not sure what that program exactly does but at least it works.

TVUPlayer won't start if it can't contact it's master servers or something, so after you can go tvunetworks.com it should work.
Yes I have Telia (felia?)
So how exactly do you use this? I start it and the icon turns yellow, but then what? I am sort of a computer illiterate

--- edit ---
Never mind. I got it working. It just took the darn thing a good time to connect (like 5-10 minutes). After it connected TVU loaded like a dream
Usually faster if you just click the icon and reconnect.

Looks like that after you have started TVU, you can close this program. Apparently the annoying adware banner from Firefox (at least) disables then too. But TVU continues to work still.
It works great now
And yes, you can turn it off once you got TVU Network loaded and the adds will go away. Tested in Explorer 7.

Thanks for the help Deggis
That's 1999 in Road Atlanta. At the same year Mercedes-Benz CLR flipped THREE times in Le Mans. Search youtube and you'll find a video.
Quote from deggis :That's 1999 in Road Atlanta. At the same year Mercedes-Benz CLR flipped THREE times in Le Mans. Search youtube and you'll find a video.

now that were plane.those cars could be good for private planes. easy to fly, hard to land safely
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Good race so far.

Interesting that we're seeing the same kind of lapping incidents we see in MoE and IGTC.
missed the start!! where are all the GT1 cars????
theres only 3, been like that for a few years

ALMS/LMS/Le Mans 2008
(227 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG