The online racing simulator
I've always found hard excercise is when some melodic death metal comes into its own but that may well not be your style, and not really uplifting although you'll be so full of aggression you'll crave something harder than running (butchering a few babies always helps calm me down ).

I'll have a dig through my collection tonight and find some specific tracks that might be worth trying out. I'll second Alter Bridge though, great music.

Crashgate3 - DragonForce are fast for sure but just never seemed that good to me. Quite taxing to listen to I find, I need a break from music completely after one of their albums. Going off topic but I once heard them played in a club; the PA system was so inadequate for their style of music, it just became this incoherent wall of noise (I mean, far more so than any other track played through your typical PA system ).
#27 - JJ72
Quote from sinbad :Daft Punk - Alive 2007 (live album)
Not trance, but lively.

lol people might start doing robot walk instead of running.
Quote from JJ72 :lol people might start doing robot walk instead of running.

Haha true, but that would be equally good exercise.............. and you'd look way cooler
I seem to be a bit old-fashioned compared to you lot.
#30 - troy
not sure if it's your cup of tea but i love those "radio soulwax" mix sessions, there are lots of them around on the net (1-30 i think). here is number 1, if you like it and want more i've got pretty much all of them here

http://rapidshare.com/files/89552631/Radio_Soulwax_01.mp3

hard to tell what kind of style it is, they mash up all kinds of genres and put it together in a +-130 bpm mix.
Yeah, the Radio One session from Diplo is pretty good.

This might sound a bit goofy, but I'll bet Andrew WK would be good workout music.

You tried the 45-minute mix LCD Soundsystem did for Nike for the express purpose of soundtracking a running session?
Quote from Bob Smith :
Crashgate3 - DragonForce are fast for sure but just never seemed that good to me. Quite taxing to listen to I find, I need a break from music completely after one of their albums. Going off topic but I once heard them played in a club; the PA system was so inadequate for their style of music, it just became this incoherent wall of noise (I mean, far more so than any other track played through your typical PA system ).

Haha, I've heard that happen so many times

I don't know, something about DragonForce just seems to click with me and I can listen to them forever. They are really disappointing live (especially in big arenas) though, even though I love them to peices. Every time I've seen them, bar one occasion, they've been an absolute shambles.
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a hero

Get you really pumped. I often listning to this song when Im working out.

Fort Minor - Remember the name... works also.

And Angels and Airwaves... is just the greatest.
Try some 'maroon 5' it is hyper music

Try: Harder to breather and
Try: Wake up call

#35 - robt
Quote from danowat :EEEMMMMMOOOO

Only joking, Jimmy eat world and Rise against are good choices, not familiar with Alter Bridge (got a funny feeling GFresh sent me some.......) and I might try Less than jake, I only heard a handful of tracks and they seemed a bit "SKA'y" for my likes.

i would be offended, but at least JEW and RA are true emo, none of this modern self harming rubbish that isnt even related to emo and yes, LTJ is ska/punk, its fun!
Alter Bridge's newest album is faster/heavier (blackbird) their older album (one day remains) is more slow and melodic in a way. cant beat myles kennedy's vocals!
Quote from robt :i would be offended, but at least JEW and RA are true emo

Ian MacKaye would punch you in the face if he heard you saying that.
#37 - robt
compared to most stuff out there, they keep to the general rules! (apart from JEW's new album, what the heck happened there?!)
Quote from Forbin :AC/DC - T.N.T.
AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Whole discography from 1975 to 1981 (until they started making the same album again and again) makes 7 hours 23 minutes. Enough to fill your playlist?
Track times added to my list above.
#40 - wark
Pretty much anything by the prodigy or infected mushroom is good for running/cycling.
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :
Quote :Delerirum - Underwater - Rank 1 mix

Delirium's soft trance, but nice try

Not the original, the rank 1 mix, I found an sample here:

underwater.mp3

Blue by LaTour (used in the movie Basic Instinct), used in this NFS Carbon video by a player named Tifo doing a canyon drift run:

tifogvr1.wmv

It's a fine day - Miss Jane, similar to Underwater, there are a lot of different mixes. This isn't my favorite mix or video, but it's the only one I found with any version of this song.

sussex_blat.wmv
GTR and Project C are very good for excersise. all thier mixes can be foound on the DI forums. (just google it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eazAbTq7v78
this is a full mix n youtube, sund aint as good but it's a taster
#44 - wark
#46 - Osco
Might not be in the same arena as most of the suggestions in this thread, but I would recomment Sweet's 'Desolation Boulevard' album. Nothing too complicated; just solid rock and roll. Something today's radio is missing, imho.
#48 - robt
Just a quick bump for those that might require something along these lines...........

I found this yesterday, Podrunner

What is here, is hour long, high (and medium) bpm mixes especially done for running and excercise, while I am no authority on dance music, I can't vouch for the quality of the tracks, but all I can say is, it does what it says on the tin, motivational high bpm music for running and excercise, certainly works for me
Quote from danowat :Just a quick bump for those that might require something along these lines...........

I found this yesterday, Podrunner

Yikes, all that would do to me is give me a stonking headache.

Ever heard of the "Penguin Cafe Orchestra" this this and this and many more besides.

Seriously, you'll want something with a high tempo that doesn't batter your ears. So why not listen to something that is easy to listen to and puts a smile on your face.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG