The online racing simulator
KY3(R) hlvc problems
(31 posts, started )
#1 - troy
KY3(R) hlvc problems
hi guys, i just watched a bunch of wr's and noticed that some kyoto gp long (and reverse) hotlaps seem to be cut able without hlvc hopping in. i don't want to "name and shame" in this thread since i think it's more of a hotlap bug then the user that is at fault (if real racing drivers could cut that extreme without getting black flagged they would probably do it too). i still think that the wr's in question should be deleted and in a future version the hotlap turns invalid if somebody cuts the corners like that.
Attached images
lfs_00000035.jpg
lfs_00000036.jpg
lfs_00000037.jpg
lfs_00000038.jpg
lfs_00000039.jpg
lfs_00000040.jpg
I would much rather that they fix the chicane so that it's a corner you have to slow down for.

But yes, there is a gap in the logic of HLVC when it comes to the green "grasscrete".
let me guess.... cuz of what ive heard.. i think is pecholobo?
still theres not much in it,coz its slows down the car and makes a huge damage at some sets,and you rly have to take it seriously,coz it can bump you on the grass or even flip you up
Quote from e2mustang :still theres not much in it,coz its slows down the car and makes a huge damage at some sets,and you rly have to take it seriously,coz it can bump you on the grass or even flip you up

but for the rev config.. it makes you faster.. since its the last kerb...
Quote from chanoman315 :but for the rev config.. it makes you faster.. since its the last kerb...

hmmmm did he take my lx4 wr like that? im gonna check it out

EDIT: yep... both chicane been cut...
(how ironic..."pecholobo has chosen to hide his online statistics.")
Quote from e2mustang :hmmmm did he take my lx4 wr like that? im gonna check it out

like SO hotlaps of him.. Ray (Bawbag) said he touched the walls few times...

btw.. im gonna get your lx4 wr
Quote from chanoman315 :like SO hotlaps of him.. Ray (Bawbag) said he touched the walls few times...

btw.. im gonna get your lx4 wr

lol no problem go ahaed
btw much wrs by him made like that..
Quote from e2mustang :hmmmm did he take my lx4 wr like that? im gonna check it out

don't be so hard with pecholobo..he's has done nothing wrong, if the lap is valid, it's not his problem.

it seems that "nobody" in the spanish lfs comunity knows who he is, what i can say is that he must be good to use tricks like walls and the hand brake in hotlaps...

Once again, if it's valid, it's not his fault.
Quote from fujiwara :don't be so hard with pecholobo..he's has done nothing wrong, if the lap is valid, it's not his problem.

it seems that "nobody" in the spanish lfs comunity knows who he is, what i can say is that he must be good to use tricks like walls and the hand brake in hotlaps...

I disagree. The contact with walls does not invalidate hlvc, true. If using the wall didn't break a car and was the fastest way to get a laptime, a professional driver would use it, true.

However, Scawen has said that he will change the "soft walls" so that they do invalidate hlvc. This proves what was already dictated by common sense: It's exploiting, just hasn't been patched up yet. Imo it's quite obvious that it's not intended to use the walls, hence, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Having said that, Pecholobo has several WRs that do not use walls, so it's not like he'd actually need to use them. He just chooses to go beyond "creative use of game mechanics".
Quote from fujiwara :don't be so hard with pecholobo..he's has done nothing wrong, if the lap is valid, it's not his problem.

Im not saying he is not fast without cheating,but u know,its not just me seeing it wrong.
But ye if hotlaps says valid,nothing we can do.
e2mustang, how can I make better time than you without the same use of the bug?

e2mustang LX4 KY3R lap:
Attached images
chicane1.jpg
chicane2.jpg
chicane3.jpg
I would agree some tracks did have and some still do need fine tuning for hotlap purposes (racing also) and i do agree that this particular part of Kyoto does have issues with HVLC.

Good to see you posting in forums pecholobo, i think you have done yourself few favours with some of the SO laps you have done in the past, but i im sure your learning how harsh this community can be

This is somthing the devs to need to look at, for now in HLVC it is not invalid , but crosses a few moral values.
This is a track bug, isn't my fault but it's true, crosses a few moral values.

Today I've erased 2 SC hotlaps in that I've used the wall to brake and have updated them again without using the wall. In the next days I will update all my hotlaps in SC in which I use the wall, but the problem will continue existing and if nobody uses the wall to improve the laps Scawen will not arrange the problem.
#15 - arco
The next official patch will fix the problem in SC (it's already fixed in the test patches).

Quote :FIX : Wall riding was possible on soft walls at South City

Quote from pecholobo :This is a track bug, isn't my fault but it's true, crosses a few moral values.

Today I've erased 2 SC hotlaps in that I've used the wall to brake and have updated them again without using the wall. In the next days I will update all my hotlaps in SC in which I use the wall, but the problem will continue existing and if nobody uses the wall to improve the laps Scawen will not arrange the problem.

What about the fact that everyone of your hotlaps uses a button clutch / macro to change gear at blistering speed?

Either use autoclutch like most people, or use a clutch PEDAL. Anything else is cheating imo.
thx arco it's really good to know it, I never try the test patches.

DaveWS, my first hotlap was bl1+xfg few months ago, without clutch button this wr is impossible, again, is't my fault sorry
Quote from pecholobo :thx arco it's really good to know it, I never try the test patches.

DaveWS, my first hotlap was bl1+xfg few months ago, without clutch button this wr is impossible, again, is't my fault sorry

Well not your fault, but because you're using it on every single lap it makes the next guy to hotlap that combo using the macro/buttonclutch aswell. And that's how it all starts rolling and soon we're going to be back in the state that S1 was where everyone was using button/macro as a clutch.

And how about deleting all of the SC laps now and updating the laps as you drive them?
-
(baSh0r) DELETED by baSh0r
lol the laps will not be deleted with the new patch? don't worry I'll update all my wall laps anyhow (solongrev+rb4 too)
I smell Jealousy
Hi guys, as i saw this post by Pecholobo i decided to reply too:
I think all you guys are jelous about him wiping your W.Rs. Instead of creating a thread you should try to take some W.Rs of him. This is racing and if you see that your faster one way or another thats the way and position your going to adapt to. What you guys are going on about sounds just the same as in real life the opponents answers: owww we had oversteer, understeer or i baked my tyres or too much traffic to cope with etc etc. If a H.L is valid its valid and thats itthere is nothing more to go on about. If i had the WRs grass cutting or touching walls believe me i wouldnt delete them, i consider i was lucky enough to not get an invalid lap and get a W.R something that is very hard around here. Everyone wants to be the fastest but thats life, only one wins and the second is the first of the loosers
For us Spaniards to have someone up there is very good so what less than giving him a help even without knowing him
Quote from Niako :Hi guys, as i saw this post by Pecholobo i decided to reply too:
I think all you guys are jelous about him wiping your W.Rs.

Haha you got to be joking mate if not go suck a bone or something. Alot of people around here know of the exploits of south city and alot of us do not do it because it is just plain wrong/cheating.

If you get found out about it most people will just think oh another **** who can't do a clean lap right. If pecholobo never found out about scawen fixing the exploits in the test patchs do you really think he cba to redo every south city wr which uses those exploits?
Quote from Niako :Hi guys, as i saw this post by Pecholobo i decided to reply too:
I think all you guys are jelous about him wiping your W.Rs. Instead of creating a thread you should try to take some W.Rs of him. ...

I dont think its jealousy at all. I think most hotlappers relish the challenge of competing for a WR, i know i do and many others.
The difference is respect, and i think and trust pecholobo is making ammends for the conduct exhibited in the past.
This is the difference between a fast driver and a great driver , respect
I think all you guys are jelous about him wiping your W.Rs. Instead of creating a thread you should try to take some W.Rs of him.

LOL... i want to see when biggie returns and when Raymond starts to do hotlaps...
Respect
First of all respect as you say Gener_AL (UK) something that rc10racer doesnt have only seeing one post . And chanoman315 I also agree Raymond is between the best drivers around here as far as i have seen, but you should definetly consider waiting for Nils to do H.L i consider him the fastest definetly.
Quote from Niako :First of all respect as you say Gener_AL (UK) something that rc10racer doesnt have only seeing one post . And chanoman315 I also agree Raymond is between the best drivers around here as far as i have seen, but you should definetly consider waiting for Nils to do H.L i consider him the fastest definetly.

who's Nils

KY3(R) hlvc problems
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG