The online racing simulator
Alcohol does it faster!
(31 posts, started )
Alcohol does it faster!
Hello humans I've known this for a while but ive found tonight to post it. It odsnt take much alcohol to put you off your times. For me two drinks can noticibly slow me down. Past 2, I get pretty damn slow.
What I find interesting is that I woulndt think that 2 srinks would have that much effect on my driving.
I've also found other interesting data concerned wi cognative ability. Ive found that while on an excessive dose of opiates, I at first am slower, but after 5 minutes am almost close to a sober lap.
I dont feel like typing anymore, but first, After taking a med used to keep truck drivers awake, I posted a new PB on a combo I was very familiar with!. And FWIW, every day I see someone leave to "smoke" Ive gotta go cut balls off and feed it to the dog now. Feces are dirty, dont play with them with your hands!
Studies for the only sports that are positively effected by alcohol (Not in mass quantities mind you) that the few sports such as hunting (which I find odd and dangerous) and golf. There was one other, but I forgot. Basically my logic tells me the alcohol relaxes the body which is important for these so called sports. Race car driving you need fast reflexes and they have to be precise.
In other words, don't drink for fast times, cause every little bit depresses your system that much more!
#3 - Woz
Darts appears to be helped with a drink. If the average pro darts player in anything to go by
#4 - axus
Have you tried driving on weed? I think half of the people on the cruise servers are a bit stoned
yup, 2 drinks make you faster, but HL only. Dont do it in races... You cant judje so good anymore...
Quote from N I K I : ...Dont do it in races...

why not i tried to drive after hours of drinking and it was so fun, of course i wasnt the fastest ... was clean at least
#8 - HVS5b
Quote from Kuba_m :Have you tried driving on weed? I think half of the people on the cruise servers are a bit stoned

I set a couple of PB's on Friday night after couple of fat ones. Twas in the zone
I read somewhere that drinking helps your confidence

Of course, the key word here is 'moderation'

Anyone remember the Le Mans winner who got totally blotto and still won the race?

DK
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I read somewhere that drinking helps your confidence

Of course, the key word here is 'moderation'

Anyone remember the Le Mans winner who got totally blotto and still won the race?

DK

Yeah, hehe, for me I can either go in a super-fast mode when drunk, or superslow. I remember once I was shitdrunken at a server, and then I managed to do a PB (fox SO1) almost a second faster than my old PB. And it was only 0.1 sec behind the WR .. But then, a other time when I drove the same combo when drunk I managed to do laps 10 seconds behind me PB.. so it`s like random when drunk.

I don`t remember that Le Mans driver, but would be fun to know.
Haha, Irish you say?
That proves it all
#13 - col
Quote from Infiniti :Studies for the only sports that are positively effected by alcohol (Not in mass quantities mind you) that the few sports such as hunting (which I find odd and dangerous) and golf. There was one other, but I forgot. Basically my logic tells me the alcohol relaxes the body which is important for these so called sports. Race car driving you need fast reflexes and they have to be precise.
In other words, don't drink for fast times, cause every little bit depresses your system that much more!

hehe, just look for sports where a proportion of the 'athletes' are alchoholic - they will need a few drinks to steady their hands

FWIW my best performances on the pool table have been when I was so drunk I could hardly stand.
after a few (about 10 Pints), me and my brother both set PB's on Geoff Crammonds F1 (Original on Amiga) and have never got within 2 seconds of the times since. some beer is good!!!
Quote from DieKolkrabe :

DK

The story is clarified here...
I agree that alcohol can improve things up to a point, the point where you become actually drunk. It relaxes you and gives you little extra bit of confidence to stick it out there, but once you hit the drunk marker, which you will inevitably do, it's all down hill...
Quote from col :FWIW my best performances on the pool table have been when I was so drunk I could hardly stand.

That's the one I was going to mention. I had an unusual heavy night of beer drinking one night and never left the table once all night from a loss.
I'm slower then usual when I've had some drinks. I find, if I enjoy a couple brew I'm more consistant but my times arn't exactly PB's. If I'm on anything hard (rum & coke perhaps) My driving just goes out the window, and I usually wander off to play guitar.

Driving high, on the other hand does wonders. I was laying down times roughly a tenth faster then some of my PB's after a nice joint the other day. I find bong hits usually get me in the zone the best. I used to do a lot of racing on the rally course online (before patch Y, my computer can't keep up with the texture update) and I would be taking hits on the line, and after 10 laps be battling the top three.

Different strokes for different folks. However, like already mentioned, there are some sports that benifet from a drink or two (literally one or two, nothing to get a 'buzz') Darts, pool, golf come to the top of my head. Only relaxing, slow pased sports would benifet from the relaxed body that alcohol provides. Although, I wouldn't recomend getting sloshed and hitting the golf course for 18 holes
~Bryan~
#19 - CSU1
...it both helps and hinders your driving at the same time. For example you don't wanna be half drunk driving on public roads because it gives you more confidence but slows down your reaction times ALOT, but on the track one could see where having more confidence could be benificial.
Combined with slow reactions and clouded/mirkey judgement it's a recipe for disaster both on and off the track.

~OT:
As for the wise cracks about the Irish being a nation of drunks; this is'nt so much the case these days, shure the last couple of decades have seen some awfull steriotypical clowns give the nation this 'boozed up' appearence but awareness and education to our children in the past two or so generations has been a bit more direct. Irelands people have a very poor record when it comes to death on the roads, not really our fault as most of the national roads are way outdated and dangerous but infact more people take their own lives in Ireland every year which is very sad.
Shure we have this 'party loving/fun going' attitude and appearance but these days this appearance is just fuelled by the current narcotics problems this island is currently a prisoner of, to cut long story short; our awareness of alchohol related illness is better but the Gov must have taken those awareness funds from the Police/Coast-Guard or something as they can't control the sheer amount of drugs that land on our large coastline every day/week/month.
@CSU: Just sink the damn boats at sea. And send the people on 'em to Guantanamo.

@nihil: hey...don't ruin the legend :P

DK
#21 - CSU1
Quote from DieKolkrabe :@CSU: Just sink the damn boats at sea. And send the people on 'em to Guantanamo.

DK

Ironic you say that, our late Katy French died four days after eating damp cocaine taken from a washed up sunken boat and given to her at a house party.
In 1953 he and Tony Rolt won the 24 Hours of Le Mans sports car race, driving a Jaguar C-Type. They had been disqualified after practicing in a car with the same number as another entrant, and went to drown their sorrows in a local bar. However, the Jaguar team manager Lofty England persuaded the organisers to let them race. Apparently, the team tried to sober Hamilton up by giving him coffee during the pitstops, but he refused it, because he said it made his arms twitch. In addition, partway through the race, Hamilton was hit in the face by a pigeon, breaking his nose. His autobiography is entitled "Touch Wood".

LOL LOL
LOL!!!!!! CANT STOP!
Did the alcohol contribute to it?

DK
I've seen this proved a few times. A small amount of alcohol makes you better at a lot of things, however push it too far and this is completely negated. Using the pool example again, I am useless at pool until I have about 2 pints in me, then I am unstoppable for the next one, then it falls off quite sharply after that.

As someone has said, it relaxes you quite a bit. Also, I think it makes you take more risks. While sober you decide not to take risks that actually you could have easily pulled off, wheras with a small amount of alcohol in you, you take these easy risks, but not to the extent that you are takeing stupid ones.

HOWEVER, this only applies to playing computer cars, I would in no-way whatoever dream of stepping into a real one even after one drink.

Alcohol does it faster!
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG