The online racing simulator
Round 5 Post-Discussion
Oh boy !

Here we go again !

d
That race was a complete and utter disregard for the rules...Half the field passed under SC...
You people really need to know how to <expletive> drive!!! You don't just go full <expletive> speed into T1 like that! Thanks a-<expletive>-lot for ending my <expletive> race!! People there are brakes for a reason! BRAKES! I understand that this is a beginner's championship and all, but the least you guys can do is show a bit more caution! I know my skin for the FOX was ugly and all, but you don't have to slam into me to show it!

end rant.

Other than that, I guess it was an okay race.
WHY, just tell me WHY, can u run out of fuel???
my stupiness is here again -.-
josephs, the noob stood in the middle of the raod during sc, damaged his clutch, and so i had the worst restart of my life, and then on white flag lap, i ran out of fuel.
[sarcasm]Wonderful race, easily super!! [/sarcasm]
#6 - J@tko
Um, I came second. Something went wrong.

I might have come 1st if
  1. NBR bds hadn't have punted me off
  2. and if I'd managed to overtake and hold off Taylor.
Well done Taylor - kept your cool as everyone else lost it.

My heart was racing so fast at many points in that - hope round 6 is better!
May I point out that the safety car rules are not exactly clear. The rulebook says that the leader maintains safety-car speed tuntil the final turn-complex. Today I did just that, but unlike Deko, I didn't count the oval part as a corner. Normally (in racing series) flat-out sections do not count when regrouping after SC.
Quote from FinnWest :I was afraid that I will run out of fuel too but luckily i didn't. I thought the race was 9 laps...

Edit: I actually says 9 laps here: 2/3/08 R5: Kyoto National - FOX - 9 laps
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=673989#post673989

That may be my fault

Quote :
Last edited by JO53PHS : 13th February 2008 at 17:52. Reason: Updating Info

I noticed:

Mutt - far too aggressive when overtaking, constantly bumped me in the beginning.

StefanAlfons - overtaking during SC, overtook at least 2 cars.

OPC ROB - did all kinds of silly maneuvers during SC, bumped me a couple of times, crashed me out of the racetrack (!), then delibeately prevented me from returning to my position, still in SC.

After that I had to do loong pitstop, took a deep breath. Then resumed the race and overtook ROB cleanly.

Use your brakes AND your brain.
Kinda, sorta the updated championship table.

If you're not on here, or your points are wrong, don't worry, Deko will sort it out.
Attached images
rnd 5.JPG
Quote from Stefani24 :josephs, the noob stood in the middle of the raod during sc, damaged his clutch, and so i had the worst restart of my life, and then on white flag lap, i ran out of fuel.
[sarcasm]Wonderful race, easily super!! [/sarcasm]

Please watch the replay. I did not hold you up at all.

I am not a noob. Call me a noob again and I will ban you from future New Dimension Racing Events.

EDIT: May I add that that Insults/Death threats etc towards the New Dimension Racing Team will not be tolerated.
Quote from kipsus :OPC ROB - did all kinds of silly maneuvers during SC, bumped me a couple of times, crashed me out of the racetrack (!), then delibeately prevented me from returning to my position, still in SC.

I didn't hit you. And I didn't let you rejoin your position, as the rules say once you spin, you lose your position. Other drivers might let you in, but I wasn't going to. And you passed me during SC to get to the pits.

I did bump you a couple times, but that was when you braked sharply. That was like the first 3 turns of SC. After that, I stayed about an extra 2 car lengths back, and didn't go near you again (apart from that **** up where someone stopped in the middle of the corner. That was unavoidable).

And those "silly maneuvres" are used to keep the tyres warm. it's called weaving across the track

Who did cause that pile up where evryone was stopped for like 10 seconds? It destroyed my front wing...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I didn't hit you.
/.../
I did bump you a couple times, but that was when you braked sharply.
/.../
That was unavoidable).

It is you responsibility not to bump into me. And somehow I managed to avoid the "unavoidable"..

Quote :
And those "silly maneuvres" are used to keep the tyres warm. it's called weaving across the track

It's all fine warming you tyres, just make sure you don't loose your concentration.

As for the spinning during SC, the rulebook states:
Quote :
a. Overtaking is strictly forbidden under safety car conditions.
1. If the car ahead of you spins or is otherwise unable to maintain safety car speed,
that car may be overtaken
2. If you overtake during safety car, you must return the position or you will be
assesed a penalty on the restart.

And well if I spin because someone cause an accident during SC? Then find myself last or worse - stuck in the sand? I mean, such situations are not supposed to happen at all (havent seen any in RL), but loosing all your positions doesn't seem fair.
Quote from kipsus :It is you responsibility not to bump into me. And somehow I managed to avoid the "unavoidable"..

Yes, unless you make it so that I can't avoid it...If I'm in front of you, and I slam on the brakes, is it your fault if you hit me? No. It's your fault (or whoever was in front that braked first).

Quote from kipsus :
It's all fine warming you tyres, just make sure you don't loose your concentration.

I didn't lose my concentration. I didn't hit anyone, or go off track...

Quote from kipsus :
As for the spinning during SC, the rulebook states:

And well if I spin because someone cause an accident during SC? Then find myself last or worse - stuck in the sand? I mean, such situations are not supposed to happen at all (havent seen any in RL), but loosing all your positions doesn't seem fair.

Yes, if you spin for whatever reason, you lose your position. If someone hits you and you spin, I presume that person is penalised? But I can say that it wasn't me who hit you, or I would've let you retake your position...

And as for the guy who stopped everyone, he should be d/q'd for causing an unavoidable incident for those behind.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :
Well done to you too Hammond! I had an eye on the times between us, in the end I was just wanting to bring it home without spinning! When watching the replay I was hoping you'd get NBS after what happened. You had your chance too at Turn 1, but looked like you thought twice (his previous actions put you off did they?!)... It was a good call in the end aswell

This looks like a good place to make my race story!

Thanks Taylor.

First lap. Got through chicane fine. Good start.
U 3 (taylor, hynnty and bds) were battling, then bds span (or something). I got the run on bds out of that long left hander in the middle. I had a quick decision to make, go in his slipstream, or go to the left of him and overtake him into that nasty little left hander coming up. I chose the latter, and he crashed me.

Then the SC came out (what for? - messages blocked ) and I was 6th in the train. There was a huge gap between you 3 and the mini-pack I was in, then the guys infront of me hit each other. I powered past and caught up with you 3. I got in the slipstream of bds, but I was way too scared to make a pass up the inside. He hit Hyntty anyway, and I missed Hynnty spinning by inches

Then I got to 2nd . I thought to myself, 'you're never going to catch Taylor, just circuit at a decent pace.' Then Hynnty did some amazing laps and got within a second of me (seriously scared at this point!) Luckily, he span .

Then I got to the point where I realised that I was so far ahead of 3rd place that I started to push a bit. I was catching Taylor at one point, and was (seriously) praying for you to spin. U didn't, but if you had, the race would've been mine.

I've no idea what else happenned in the race, my messages (wisely, IMO) were blocked.

Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :
Some bad luck for some, running out of fuel, lag etc etc.
Hope for a better race next week...

+1
Quote from J@tko :I've no idea what else happenned in the race, my messages (wisely, IMO) were blocked.

Muahahah 5-spot penalty

lol I wished I'd blocked my messages too...all important info is /msg or RCM...
And I want to apologize Stan for bumping him out during SC, glad he quickly recovered
Am i not there, coz im a guest starter?
Quote from J@tko :

I've no idea what else happenned in the race, my messages (wisely, IMO) were blocked.

Well, for me there's not much to tell. The start was horrible. I felt like there was some kamikaze moves behind me, but I'm not sure.

Then there was the safety car, which stayed on track for too long. And drove a little too slowly. It's not safe, when you have to start racing with your tires colder than what they are in the start.

Then bds hit me, i was spinning and Hammond went past me really close! Unfortunately the hit damaged my rear suspension, and my car was excessively oversteering. I tried to manage with it and catch Hammond, but on lap 9 I spun. Kabliuks got pass me and I accidentally hit him while trying to pass again.
#22 - Stan
Quote from kipsus :And I want to apologize Stan for bumping him out during SC, glad he quickly recovered

Your apology is graciously accepted.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG