The online racing simulator
LFS Beginners Cup
(240 posts, started )
Quote from moskvich3v1 :Now ,can i join Please tell me again what server ,what date ,what hour and with what car

Hi moskvich - the Beginner Cup Forum is here: http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=178

Read through the stickies, then you need to join the reserves list, as all the competition places are full now. However, I think it is still likely you will get a race or 2, if you can come to the events. The first event is this weekend. Races are every Sunday.
We are on the LFS Remote

LFS BC racing every sunday from 7pm GMT on [DR] Server 1. Come and watch

Free practice is tonight @ 7pm.
Id like to join as reserve or in the next cup, just bought S2 yesterday (*huuray* )
so i think im enough beginner, I thought id learn some racing skills participating in the BC
Quote from Math1js :Id like to join as reserve or in the next cup, just bought S2 yesterday (*huuray* )
so i think im enough beginner, I thought id learn some racing skills participating in the BC

Sure - join up into the reserve list via the link in my sig

If you turn up - you'll get a race - only 17/38 turned up on Sunday.

Hope you can join us - you'd be very welcome.

Congrats on S2!
Quote from J@tko :Sure - join up into the reserve list via the link in my sig

If you turn up - you'll get a race - only 17/38 turned up on Sunday.

Hope you can join us - you'd be very welcome.

Congrats on S2!

Are you going to weed out no-shows eventually? I know i'd like a permanent spot
The championship is progressing nicely now, with the publishing of an official rulebook yesterday.

Just a reminder to all beginners to get themselves registered on the Beginner Cup for a great introduction to competition racing .
Quote from TomMK :The championship is progressing nicely now, with the publishing of an official rulebook yesterday.

Just a reminder to all beginners to get themselves registered on the Beginner Cup for a great introduction to competition racing .

Thanks Tom

*hint* Lots of people who have entered havn't turned up to either round so far, we're only having one 20-grid race. *hint* (there's 20 spots left then!)
Quote from J@tko :Thanks Tom

*hint* Lots of people who have entered havn't turned up to either round so far, we're only having one 20-grid race. *hint* (there's 20 spots left then!)

Don't say that, I've 6 fps on the grid as it is!
dougie - whats the weakest part of your pc - I'm thinking about taking mine apart and selling the bits on ebay to finance a new guitar, I'd happily sell them to a fellow LFSBCer at a (only slightly ) reduced price
The graphics card, I have none

I hope to get one soon, but I had to get a laptop recently which took a chunk out of my fund...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :The graphics card, I have none

I hope to get one soon, but I had to get a laptop recently which took a chunk out of my fund...

I have an ATi 9600 which you are welcome to, would you like it?
Are graphics cards tied to any particular motherboard, or are they universal? If it would fit my PC, I would love it! I have a Dell Dimension 5100 if that helps...
Er, guys, would you mind keeping this on-topic please and keep this e-bay conversation to PM's please?

Cheers
(No need to say sorry - just more spam)
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Are graphics cards tied to any particular motherboard, or are they universal? If it would fit my PC, I would love it! I have a Dell Dimension 5100 if that helps...

There are 2 different types of slot that you plug a graphics card into, one is called AGP and the other is called PCI-Express (or PCI-E for short).

The card I have spare is an AGP type. From looking round on the net I believe the Dimension 5100 requires a PCI-E card , so its no good.

Sorry (applies to J@tko too, consider my wrist slapped)
Ah ok, not to worry, thanks anyway
Can i please register?
I wanna be in
hey there guys,

I never heard of LFS until a month ago when my mate got it.

I am aserious motorsports fan.

I actually have done a bit of vulunteer work at Croftt Circuit in the uk as a marshal, so I have a little hands on experience with regands to flags and racing lines etc.

will be going back to that soon hopefully.

I am interested in taking part in a championship or whatever it is you are running as I am a bit of a beginner when it comes to actual racing and all that.

crofty
Quote from croftyboy2008 :hey there guys,

I never heard of LFS until a month ago when my mate got it.

I am aserious motorsports fan.

I actually have done a bit of vulunteer work at Croftt Circuit in the uk as a marshal, so I have a little hands on experience with regands to flags and racing lines etc.

will be going back to that soon hopefully.

I am interested in taking part in a championship or whatever it is you are running as I am a bit of a beginner when it comes to actual racing and all that.

crofty

As mentioned above, you can still join up as a reserve, but be aware that we are half way through the season already.
wow, looks like next year we'll have enough for 2 divisions maybe?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :wow, looks like next year we'll have enough for 2 divisions maybe?

One is bad enough!

We'd use two servers, and combine the results.

But bear in mind 50 people have signed up this year, and the highest grid attendance has been 19.

EDIT: Ah, I see what you're saying! +1
Quote from J@tko :

One is bad enough!

We'd use two servers, and combine the results.

But bear in mind 50 people have signed up this year, and the highest grid attendance has been 19.

EDIT: Ah, I see what you're saying! +1

If we would need two servers, then I assume that the races would be on at the same time...

*cough* admin pass *cough*
The first season of the LFSBC is now over.The winner, TAYLOR-MANIA, now has a trial with Adaptive Racing. Congrats

You can see some videos of the action here - made by Hyntty.

We had loads of fun, with lots of close action and door-to-door racing. And the competitors learnt alot about League Racing. One of the participants, evilpimp (RP MistaTea) is now competing in the prestigious IGTC. Comgrats and Good Luck to him.

The next LFSBC season will be October time. Hope to see you there

LFS Beginners Cup
(240 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG