LFS Beginners Cup
(240 posts, started )
#1 - J@tko
LFS Beginners Cup
Some of you may remember (or not!) that I said in a couple of threads (whilst I was a wee demoer - those were the days....) that I might consider setting up an LFS Beginner's Cup when I got S2 - and a few people were intersted even at the mention of it. Well, now I have S2 (thanks Mum! ) here I am telling you about my plans:

All of the suggestions below are just suggestions, I would appreciate advice and hints about it, if you have any, but, most of all, if you have an interest in entering, then please say so in this thread. It certainly won't be starting (if at all :tilt before February at the earliest, as I have mocks all through January

First, I need to clarify 'a beginner'. I, obviously am a beginner coz I got S2 yesterday! However, I think that having S2 for less than about 4 months would be a good starting point. Also, I think I might need a mileage restriction. I've no idea what restriction I'll need to put on this; so some advice would be welcome.

Secondly; the actual series. The way I was going to run it was just to have 6-8 combos that are quite popular online, and run those for the series. However, as I want this series to be an introduction to League Racing, I thought that it would be nice if we nicked ideas from other Leagues into each round of the series. For Example, R1 could be (with Dru's permission!) a Baby-UFR round, with a combo and the rules from that series. R2 could be a RSWC (with Danowat's permission!) round, again with a combo and rules from that series. That way, participants would get a flavour of what sort of Leagues are out there. I'm pretty sure the heads of most Leagues don't care how fast entrants are; just that they're clean and have fun doing it - and might learn a few things from the seasoned pros.

Lastly, I'll need a server (obviously) and I might also request a little help from some people who already run leagues for advice on general running of the League, and what to do on the actual Race Day.

Thanks for reading; Please feel free to post you opinions/advice/interest below.

EDIT: Dekojester has kindly offered to do either a broadcast of the series (maybe not so likely) or like a summary of each round as a video (if he gets S2!). I was then hoping to send these to the SRT team and get them broadcast on 'This week in Sim Racing'
#2 - Silky
I had LFS for over a year but only just played it seriously recently, so does that make me a beginner??

I would love to get involved in some cups or proper races for points but I'm having trouble finding um. Maybe I need to look harder?

I think a mileage restriction would be the way to go instead of a monthly limit.

Count me in if I can.
#3 - J@tko
Ah, thanks Silky for reminding me - I'll also put in an exception to the rules on entry if you consider yourself a beginner, but aren't under the regs. For example, you havn't played in over a year and have just come back to it, or you've spent all of the 3 years that you've had LFS drifting, and now want to be a racer.

And, yes, you can be in (if you can prove you've only been playing seriously recently )

The regs are there to stop experienced people from coming in and beating everyone up!
Sounds like something I'd be up for!
#5 - J@tko
Quote from jaythespacehound :Sounds like something I'd be up for!

Good to hear. The small problem might be the time difference. I was planning to run this on a weekday evening (in the UK). If I have enough support for it down under then I'll run it later on a Saturday evening, so you lot can join in too!
#6 - pigi
im not so begginer but i would like to be there. (if this posible)
I'd be up for it, only had the game about 1 month
True true, but depending on what time and when I might be in hols...
If people having S2 for just slightly over 4 months are eligible, sign me up!
Ok - I think that the rule will be that if you consider yourself to be a beginner (and a quick look at LFSW confirms that you're not world-class!) than you're welcome to enter. I hope that you're conscience will tell you that pretending to be a beginner and thrashing everyone during the series is not a good thing to do.

Thanks for showing your interest!
i think it would be a good idea if people posted what lap times they can archive, so people can get an idea of the type of pass people will be running, so if you know your alot quicker than most entrants, then you should not enter.

so mine is, XFG @ Blackwood:

Fastest 1.34.66
Average mid 1.35 and low 1.36
Quote from JasonL220 :i think it would be a good idea if people posted what lap times they can archive, so people can get an idea of the type of pass people will be running, so if you know your alot quicker than most entrants, then you should not enter.

so mine is, XFG @ Blackwood:

Fastest 1.34.66
Average mid 1.35 and low 1.36

I could look on LFSW to see what laptimes people are capable of I suppose. You can't delete your online PB's BTW can you. That might be a good way of weeding out cheats!!! Also, I'll see what milage people have done too - but I'll only kick you out if you've been to the moon and back on LFS!

P.S Updated 1st post with some exciting news!
Count me in Jatko
Quote from J@tko : Also, I'll see what milage people have done too - but I'll only kick you out if you've been to the moon and back on LFS!

Uhm, how far away is the moon? I think I can be considered a beginner so count me in.
Quote from J@tko :You can't delete your online PB's BTW can you.

Yes, you can.

They actually just all got deleted 1 or 2 days ago by Victor because the changes to cars/tracks made them worthless.
Can I join in? I'd love to be part of a league where I think I win a race

E: If it happens, i wish you the best of luck with it
About the server, I'm sure you could use one of the DR servers
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :I got S2 early last month, driven under 4k so far and I just got the G25 (& really struggling with it!) so that makes me a beginner, right?!

Yeah - sure. I remember when you were a demo racer, so you can definatly compete! Don't worry about struggling with your G25 - I bet you're still faster then me on my kb!

Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Okay, so 6-8 combos...does that mean 6-8 rounds/races?? (yup, i am a beginner!)
Any idea of what they'll be yet? Or the number of laps/race duration? One of them has gotta be the FOX@AS Club! The GTRs@Kyoto is also a popular combination too.

Also, have you any idea in what order the races/rounds shall be run? I think to run them in order of car classes might be a good idea...so start with the low powered cars & finish with the high powered ones (accounting for engine position+drive wheels too)??
Just a thought, because the true beginners will be learning throughout the Cup...

Quote from J@tko :However, as I want this series to be an introduction to League Racing, I thought that it would be nice if we nicked ideas from other Leagues into each round of the series. For Example, R1 could be (with Dru's permission!) a Baby-UFR round, with a combo and the rules from that series. R2 could be a RSWC (with Danowat's permission!) round, again with a combo and rules from that series. That way, participants would get a flavour of what sort of Leagues are out there.

Hmm, I'm not too sure how the rules differ from league to league, but I think it would be wise to stick to one set of rules for the whole series. Apart from compulsory pitstops & penalties, I'm willing to bet that all respectable league events use the same general basic racing rules.

Actually, what I meant by rules was like the number of laps/pitstops e.t.c, but I used bad wording - sorry! Agreed on the second point; racing rules will be as Clean Racers Club Rules, with some other series specific rules that I have.

I formulated a list of combos that we could use back when I was a demo racer, but that was before Patch Y, and before I tested the combos. With a few changes, here is the calendar, alpha version 0.1. (P.S I like the idea of getting to more powerful [but I've used how hard the are to drive] cars at the end!)

R1: BL GP - either XFG/XRG or FBM
R2: FE RX - RB4
R3: SO SPR 2 R - UF-BR (trust me - fantastic combo!)
R4: WE INT - FXO/RB4/XRT
R5: an AX layout - MRT
R5: KY NA R - FOX
R6: AS NA - XRR/FXR/FZR
R7: ? (suggestions please!) - RAC/LX6/FZ6

The races will probably last about 15-20 mins, with one of the rounds (either 4 or 6) being a (sort of!) endurance round, lasting 30 mins with a compulsary pit stop. Obviously this is up for consultation and I'd like to hear your opinions on this.

Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Anyway, keep us posted on what's going on yeah?
Cheers.

Will do! It'll either be in this thread or there'll be one in the League Forums (if it gets going!) soon.

Quote from niall09 :About the server, I'm sure you could use one of the DR servers

That would be great! Thank you very much. Please tell me if you get confirmation of this.
The combo's sound good, i'll give some of the one's i dont know a try and give feed back.
Quote :That would be great! Thank you very much. Please tell me if you get confirmation of this.

Yup, we can give you a server

If you need help adminning or anything, give me a shout
:O Can I join plz O_O I can prove to you that im a beginer :P

I've never been in any league or event and I think this will be a great start. Though I might be going to the Guess Drift Event sunday.

My LFSW stats have a lot of km driven but their not mine its cuz i was given the account. Look at the PBs tho and u'll see that im not a champ.

Looking forward to competing in this league XD
Just bought S2 License two days ago so I am really intrested in joining Beginners Cup.
What is the mileage limit??

I've travelled 5,628 Miles - can I still join?

But I've only been playing LFS Since october
#24 - pigi
so when we will start? And will u send pass for server and time to E-mail please ?
I'd like to join, only combo I'm good at is AS2 with FBM.

LFS Beginners Cup
(240 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG