The online racing simulator
Autocross League?
(14 posts, started )
#1 - Mako.
Autocross League?
Well, today, I dusted off my DFP after about 2 months of non-use, and hit up the old LX-Month autocross setups in the UFR. Man, that was fun as hell! In fact it was so fun, that I'm surprised that Autocross isnt more popular and there is not a leauge for it yet.
What do you guys think, should there be one? I auto-x IRL, so it's wicked practice for me, but alone in single player, you just dont get that same feeling you get at an actual event.

PS: I also never see an auto-x server with actual auto-x in it, only drifting and such... bummer.
Quote from Mako. :Well, today, I dusted off my DFP after about 2 months of non-use, and hit up the old LX-Month autocross setups in the UFR. Man, that was fun as hell! In fact it was so fun, that I'm surprised that Autocross isnt more popular and there is not a leauge for it yet.
What do you guys think, should there be one? I auto-x IRL, so it's wicked practice for me, but alone in single player, you just dont get that same feeling you get at an actual event.

PS: I also never see an auto-x server with actual auto-x in it, only drifting and such... bummer.

I have seen good autocross servers, that isn`t about drifting and releated things. But they are not very popular it seems, so therfor their often down on the list.

I`m not sure about a league tho, because it`s mainly is fun to play around for 20 mins on autocross, then I gets borred and leaves to join a other server. Sad actually that I can`t enjoy it for long :/
I would also love to race online in auto x, i have made several huge tracks that i love to race around, great fun every time.

but as you said it is lonley on your own i'm for the league
-
(samjh) DELETED by samjh
#4 - nihil
Quote from samjh :What we need are longer autocross tracks with more dirt. Current autocross tracks are nothing much more than little twisty bits of dirt joined up by long stretches of tarmac. Boring.

Ha ha, yeah, I've often wondered why a nominally British indie outfit have saddled us with this Americanism...

Autocross in the UK ----> mud

Autocross in the US ----> cones
I will be very interested on racing on a rallyX league, involving different cars. I will keep an eye on this thread
#6 - samjh
Quote from nihil :Ha ha, yeah, I've often wondered why a nominally British indie outfit have saddled us with this Americanism...

Autocross in the UK ----> mud

Autocross in the US ----> cones

Ah tripes! When I read "autocross", I thought "rallycross".

In Australia, "autocross" is called "motorkhana".

Lost in translation!

(Message deleted.)
I would like to see such a league and would probably join it but I don't think there's enough interest.
lol that autocross was so unfair: the little thing took off like a rocket(compared to the others). But crashed soon ;(
#9 - Jakg
There is one public server doing what your after - CTRA Bump & Jump
there's another one... -solo.k9k.net server... i think its an autox league too
Quote from Jakg :There is one public server doing what your after - CTRA Bump & Jump

That uses an autocross layout, but it's not autocross.
Quote from Jakg :There is one public server doing what your after - CTRA Bump & Jump

Ok, guys just to be clear, what I talking about is USA type autocross, not quite so twisty as Gymkhana, but no mud... absolutely NO mud. And it has to be done in a parking lot.

Also, with talking about a leage: It would be smashing to have the tracks set up per SCCA rules, and have the whole 4~5 runs a day.

A typical auto-x, has two heats for the cars, a special timing system, and during each heat, you get about 5 "timed score laps".

Whatever place you get, you accumulate points, and those points last you through the season. Right now, I'm part of here: ccsportscarclub.org and their Auto-x days are GREAT!
Quote from Mako. :Ok, guys just to be clear, what I talking about is USA type autocross, not quite so twisty as Gymkhana, but no mud... absolutely NO mud. And it has to be done in a parking lot.

Quote from chanoman315 :there's another one... -solo.k9k.net server... i think its an autox league too

GL
Quote from Mako. :Ok, guys just to be clear, what I talking about is USA type autocross, not quite so twisty as Gymkhana, but no mud... absolutely NO mud. And it has to be done in a parking lot.

Then I was wrong... almost no interest in that
Anyway, if you know about a league focused in rallyX tracks just let me know

Autocross League?
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG