The online racing simulator
Car Designs
(71 posts, started )
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :What year is the car your buying?

edit: So, you said you done plenty of research on these cars? if so, you would have knew the BHP at least right?

Well, YOUR the wrong one buddy.

Heres my poof:

M43B18 1.8 L (1796 cc/109 in³) 85 kW (114 hp) @ 5500 168 N·m (124 ft·lbf) @ 3900rpm.

Heres the link as well.
http://www.answers.com/topic/bmw-m43

Here is my proof that your wrong http://www.answers.com/topic/bmw-m44 The M44B19 was a 1.9 L (1895 cc) version producing 138 hp (103 kW) and 133 ft·lbf (180 Nm). It used Bosch M5.2 fuel injection.

Applications:

* 1996-2000 E36 318iS/318ti
I am not getting the normal 318 I am getting the E36 318is coupe produces 138bhp

I have been on gocompare.com where I got my prices. Well I am just going to sit back and listen to you lot talk
I hope you don't mind asking, but how exactly are you going to realize your designs once they are finished?
By all means go and do it, but all your doing is driving an old car, have you ever even driven an old beemer, they handle like a piece of sh*t instead of tuning the engine you will be faster round a track doing the suspension and buying a set of semi-slicks.

All we can do now is sit and wait for you to actually pass your test and see how much you are chatting out your arse...
I'm still wondering how you will afford this all.

and young kids look liek spanners in bigger cars.

why not look for an old old M3? they are smaller cheaper to insure (no tax if it's old enough)
BMW's don't handle like shit They aren't that heavy either, just over a ton. I am very fortunate to have a BMW at my age. But you have no chance getting a 318, let alone a 318 Sport. As soon as you say the word Sport to an insurer they automatically say "Computer says No."

I know a girl (Yeea!) who has a 318 as her first car, she pays £2,800 for insurance, she says "It's worth it" But I don't see how... You will be looking at a lot more than this for the Sport. I wouldn't always trust those comparison sites.

Rich - The first M3 was the E30. First produced in 1986, which isn't tax except and very very expensive to insure.
Quote from rich uk :I'm still wondering how you will afford this all.

and young kids look liek spanners in bigger cars.

why not look for an old old M3? they are smaller cheaper to insure (no tax if it's old enough)

Well a E36 M3 will be to expensive on the insurance and a E30 M3 are about £8000 to buy for a real one not a fake. I am thinking of moving to a M3 when I am about 20, so I don't really want to spend to much modifying the 318 when I get it because the E36 M3 if I remember correctly is 320bhp.
The 3.0 had 290BHP and the 3.2 had 325BHP.

Again, you will be very lucky to get an E36 M3 at 20. It's not impossible, but you will be hard pressed to get insured. You must think that insurance companies are run by people in nappies? They have heads, they know what a 140BHP rear wheel drive BMW is capable of and they will run a mile.
I just done another insurance scan and this is my cheapest quotes, They are both third party and theft with a cat 1 alarm and stored in a locked garage: BMW E36 318IS 1992-1996 134bhp version 1796cc £2,800,35 BMW E36 318IS 1996-1999 138bhp version 1895cc £3,024,97 The one I did 2 weeks ago for a 134bhp version I got £2,600 just shows how insurance prices go up and down.
Quote from rich uk :I'm still wondering how you will afford this all.

Don't worry, daddy will pay for it
Quote from niall09 :Don't worry, daddy will pay for it

What do you mean by that, my dad is buying me the car thats it, I will have to pay for fuel and the insurance
Quote from sam93 :What do you mean by that, my dad is buying me the car thats it, I will have to pay for fuel and the insurance

Was it not obvious?
I'm not sure if you are aware, but nearly 3 grand for insurance is a hell of a lot. if you are involved in an accident, you can say hello to driving a piece of shit until you turn 21.

My 316i has plenty of go, my dad has got it up to 120 before, It accelerates well and its a lot faster than most of mt mates cars with risking killing myself.

If you get a really fast car when you are young, then when you are older, it just won't have the same effect. Just get yourself a 316 if you insist on a BMW and carry on looking forward to the day when you are promoted to the 6 cylinder E36's.
Theres a reason ive got a £300 Nova for my first car, and now it shines through. Its quite a high % of first drivers that crash there first car these days. Its majority of the time just because of expericence. Not because they are a bad driver.

An insurance company quoted me just under £1000 for insurance on that car, Thats a hell of a lot IMO but i cant do nothing as its a first car. As a lot of people have quoted in this thread, Dont get something stupid for a first car.....
Ham!

Chrz
please do show me a stock 318is e36 which kicks out 140 bhp these days...

and I am going to cut my hair till Im Bald, and get a picture in this thread with a commentary "Britney Spears' fanclub"

Edit: just called my mate who turbocharges BMW cars and he said - bring me 3,000 pounds and I will get it to 200 bhp...
that's more than the car costs
Quote from The General Lee :I'm not sure if you are aware, but nearly 3 grand for insurance is a hell of a lot. if you are involved in an accident, you can say hello to driving a piece of shit until you turn 21.

My 316i has plenty of go, my dad has got it up to 120 before, It accelerates well and its a lot faster than most of mt mates cars with risking killing myself.

If you get a really fast car when you are young, then when you are older, it just won't have the same effect. Just get yourself a 316 if you insist on a BMW and carry on looking forward to the day when you are promoted to the 6 cylinder E36's.

Well about 3 weeks ago I was planning on getting a 316i coupe but then I seen the 318is and had a look at the insurance quotes on that and there wasnt much difference so I thought for that extra £200 I might aswell get a 318is instead of the 316i

I have just done another insurance quote for a 1993 316i coupe and it came to £2,569.13 and the 318is 134bhp version came to £2,800.35.

What would you get with those quotes? General Lee what do you pay for your bmw if you dont mind me asking and who are you with so I can check to see what they quote me.
Quote from squidhead :please do show me a stock 318is e36 which kicks out 140 bhp these days...

and I am going to cut my hair till Im Bald, and get a picture in this thread with a commentary "Britney Spears' fanclub"

Edit: just called my mate who turbocharges BMW cars and he said - bring me 3,000 pounds and I will get it to 200 bhp...
that's more than the car costs

I have seen superchargers for them what are £1,800 But the price he gave you was for the turbocharger and labour.
I pay £1040 and I'm with Quinn Direct. Mine is a 1994 BMW 316i SE Saloon.

What would I get? First off, I would get a saloon, 2 extra doors will save you buckets off cash when it comes to insurance.
Quote from sam93 :I have seen superchargers for them what are £1,800 But the price he gave you was for the turbocharger and labour.

So what then? Just whack a supercharge on and hope for the best? Have fun with that - also have fun when the insurance company come round and ask to look under the bonnet.

There is just. no. point.
You also have 2-3 years to think about it, you have only just turned 15...
Quote from sam93 :I just done another insurance scan and this is my cheapest quotes, They are both third party and theft with a cat 1 alarm and stored in a locked garage: BMW E36 318IS 1992-1996 134bhp version 1796cc £2,800,35 BMW E36 318IS 1996-1999 138bhp version 1895cc £3,024,97 The one I did 2 weeks ago for a 134bhp version I got £2,600 just shows how insurance prices go up and down.

Did you declare the modifications? I couldn't get a quote for a modified 318IS off GoCompare and I've been driving for a year with a full license I somehow doubt you're going to get insurance for one as a learner
Quote from pb32000 :So what then? Just whack a supercharge on and hope for the best? Have fun with that - also have fun when the insurance company come round and ask to look under the bonnet.

There is just. no. point.

I know you can just whack them on. I know they should be professionoly fitted.
Quote from ajp71 :Did you declare the modifications? I couldn't get a quote for a modified 318IS off GoCompare and I've been driving for a year with a full license I somehow doubt you're going to get insurance for one as a learner

I got the quote without the mods being on it. It also changes your qoute to where you live so it may be different for because where you live aswell.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :By all means go and do it, but all your doing is driving an old car, have you ever even driven an old beemer, they handle like a piece of sh*t instead of tuning the engine you will be faster round a track doing the suspension and buying a set of semi-slicks.

Just don't start. You can't even drive so there's no point in casting random made up nonsense. The majority of the motoring press rate the E36s very highly in terms of handling and they certainly have heavy controls with a really nice feel, unfortunately I've never driven one fast enough to comment on the handling

Car Designs
(71 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG