The online racing simulator
LFS WMP, LFS Winamp & LFS iTunes
(200 posts, started )
Would it be possible to allow the user to change the admin password that the program uses upon startup? For those that are admins on servers...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Would it be possible to allow the user to change the admin password that the program uses upon startup? For those that are admins on servers...

That isnt needed. Its only the one thats in the Multiplayer password bit that affects it. I was thinking about making a adminpass slot tho and just leaving it blank. Dunno tho.
But it won't connect to public servers, it says "Password does not match admin password"
Quote from dougie-lampkin :But it won't connect to public servers, it says "Password does not match admin password"

If you mean a lfs dedi thats pointless.......
No, I'm trying to connect it to my LFS (Client), that's connected to a server...the server has no password...
The iTunes version could actually be pretty extensive if so pleased too Sean, if you had the desire to, you could have the ability to select devices (iPod/CD's) and playlists, and playlists off of iPods! I dunno if you'd be willing to do it, but it's possible, and with your skill, I'd imagine relatively easy, seeing iTunes spits out all the needed information to you if you request it.

Dougie, go into Multiplayer - New Game and clear all the admin and game password fields, then start the server (to save settings?) and then leave, and try again.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The iTunes version could actually be pretty extensive if so pleased too Sean, if you had the desire to, you could have the ability to select devices (iPod/CD's) and playlists, and playlists off of iPods! I dunno if you'd be willing to do it, but it's possible, and with your skill, I'd imagine relatively easy, seeing iTunes spits out all the needed information to you if you request it.

I could yes, the trouble with that is, i dont own a iPod. As for CD's thats deffinitally something i will look into.
Quote from mcgas001 :Or it could be that the port in general is in use. Anyway thats something i need to add to the next version - The ability to select which port to connect to. I think ill couple that with the release of the iTunes version.

Quote from the_angry_angel :Go into the multiplayer > start new host, and see if you've got anything setup under the IP address. If it's not set to auto, reset it to auto.

OK i try this, but atm i got the port working.. on this pc

EDIT: It's smecksy
Sean, lucky for you, I do own an iPod, so I'm willing to test it if you do implement such a feature.
:clapclap:

Edit: 1.0.3 online
Attached images
LFWMP.JPG
How long we need to w8 to use LFSWMP with winamp?
Quote from Inouva :How long we need to w8 to use LFSWMP with winamp?

I have to test this LFS WMP version, Add something( InSim port control) Then i can release it. I have to do the LFS iTunes then test it all etc etc, once all that is done, i can start on the Winamp version. Will be soon tho

Edit: 1.0.4 online, See main post for info
Added iTunes version, See main post for download. If iTunes isnt running when the program starts, It will start automatically so beware. Another thing is if sometimes iTunes will show a error saying something along the lines of "The scripting interface is in use" just click Quit and it will close like normal. Make sure you report bugs to me and have fun
Sean, you can catch the close with your program and close your own app gracefully, rather than having iTunes throw that error.
For you infomation: He missread my post.
I'm trying LFS iTunes, good woork

Thank you.
Updated main post, LFS iTunes Version 1.0.0.1, Fixed a small bug that was reported with Vista, See main post for more info
I meant to report that bug, but I was too lazy...
-
(mobiholik) DELETED by mobiholik
how do you get songs for this??
Quote from mobiholik :hey ... when will LFS Media Player support Winamp ?

That im not sure of at the moment, Its proving hard work to find a lib that controls it. It may mean me going down a "FindWindow" route which is a fairly long process, but like i say, idk atm.

Quote from mutt107 :how do you get songs for this??

How do you mean?
where i get songs dose it cost anything? im talking about a playlist thing...
Quote from mutt107 :where i get songs dose it cost anything? im talking about a playlist thing...

WMP Version?

LFS WMP, LFS Winamp & LFS iTunes
(200 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG