The online racing simulator
Quote from dekojester :Exiting Turn 7, [OPC]ROB! ran wide and into the dirt, but had recovered on entry to Turn 8.

McColl had attempted to slow down to not cause contact, but still did.

McColl, in this steward's opinion, should have let off to avoid the contact altohether and make the pass just down the road, as he would have still had the momentum on ROB.

Seeing as McColl finished 1 spot ahead of Rob in the results, the order will be changed. Rob will be placed ahead of McColl.

d

I'd like to draw your attention to rules 5.9, 5.10 and 5.11 of the LFSBC rules...

5.9 - "If you make a significant driving error and another driver or
driver’s attempts to capitalize on it then you have reduced
rights to counter their attack. If one or the other has to give way, it
should be the driver who made the initial error."

5.10 - "The onus is entirely on the driver recovering from any incident
that leaves them in any way an obstacle or a hazard to other
drivers, to take all necessary care, hazard minimization, and
responsibility not to interfere with any cars still on the track
and not part of the incident."

"It may mean moving as fast as
you safely can to the non-racing-line side of the track."

5.11 - "The onus is entirely on the driver returning to the track after an off to take all necessary care and responsibility not to
interfere with any cars still on the track."

"The onus is entirely on the driver returning to the track after an
off to take all necessary care and responsibility not to

I'm happy to cop the penalty, i'd just like some clarification? i.e. was he back to speed? did i take the wrong side to overtake?

Thanks d,

McColl.

Quote from mccoll99 :I'd like to draw your attention to rules 5.9, 5.10 and 5.11 of the LFSBC rules...

5.9 - "If you make a significant driving error and another driver or
driver’s attempts to capitalize on it then you have reduced
rights to counter their attack. If one or the other has to give way, it
should be the driver who made the initial error."

5.10 - "The onus is entirely on the driver recovering from any incident
that leaves them in any way an obstacle or a hazard to other
drivers, to take all necessary care, hazard minimization, and
responsibility not to interfere with any cars still on the track
and not part of the incident."

"It may mean moving as fast as
you safely can to the non-racing-line side of the track."

5.11 - "The onus is entirely on the driver returning to the track after an off to take all necessary care and responsibility not to

"The onus is entirely on the driver returning to the track after an
off to take all necessary care and responsibility not to

I'm happy to cop the penalty, i'd just like some clarification? i.e. was he back to speed? did i take the wrong side to overtake?

Thanks d,

McColl.

I did consider those parts of the rules in my decision.

In my eyes, [OPC]ROB!, was taking all possible care to avoid crashing another driver. He had been back on track long enough for a car behind to know what line he was on.

You could safely have gone to the left side of him, and overtaken him on that side. You had a great run on him that even a slight brake-tap would not have killed your run.

I hope this helps clarify this for you.

d
Quote from evilpimp :wat did I say? I thought only thing I said was is chat aloud yet at the end of the raceO_O It couldnt have distracted anyone as the race was over and you said that the results were going to be taken from that point.

The regulations prohibit chat until the race is officialy declared ended. You asked before I said the session was over.

Qualify and Race results are now posted in the originating post of this topic.
[SR] Mutt left the server early during the race.

Penalized 2 championship points.

d
Quote from J@tko :Lap 2 - end of back straight, I was involved in an incident I'd like you to investigate
kABLikus didn't have name plate
JO53PHS decided it was a good idea to reverse into the racing line after the restart (but took out mistatea - well done mate! )
That incident before JO53PHS took people out - at restart.

i am really sorry for that, i am puttting it now. Honestly i havent read about anywere, but since everyone had it, so it is my problem,sorry
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :With that in mind, knowing he had 2 cars to his right, he yet still turned right. Poor driving right there.

Its not like I turned right on purpose or even wanted to turn right
im only in 3 and 5 so is this penalty for round 5 then? (alfons)
Quote from JO53PHS :Its not like I turned right on purpose or even wanted to turn right

that's putting it rather mildly.... You had miles of road in your use!! You could have parked a bus sideways there.
Appealing my Penalty.
I didn't talk much AFAIK It was either to say sorry or something and when DNF at the end of the race I spoke and didnt realise we were not allowed to speak until Deko said no more speaking until everyones parked here or something and after that I said Oh,sorry.

If you have replays.. please tell me other things I spoke.. because My internet disconnected and I had no way of getting the replays, thanks.

Oh and can I add this is my first ever penalty in LFSBC and I think that I should receive a warning.
Quote from dekojester :This incident occured on Lap 1, since you only completed about 500m of Lap 2.

This incident was between McColl99, and [TG] Hammond. Dean Moriarty was involved, but only wrong place at wrong time

This incident is deemed a racing incident.

d

OK. I didn't see much of it from my car, and I havn't seen the replay yet.

Quote from dekojester :During the race, the following drivers were found to have chatted with messages outisde of the regulations, and will be penalized 5 grid spots next race.

Math1js
[SR]Mutt
[SR]Daleksam
[TG]Captain Slow
[TG]Hammond
RP MistaTea
Nightmare
Stefan Alfons
TAYLOR-MANIA
JTaylorIRE

I do not have the qualifying replay on my jump drive, and since I'm at work, I won't be able to access it until I get home. When I get home, I will add anyone who chatted during the qualifying to this list.

[OPC]ROB! has already been penalised for chat in this round, and will not recieve any further penalties for chat from Round 3.

d

Sorry about my endless chat. I think being Safety Car driver went to my head. I'll be at the back anyway

Not sure what I was thinking about the JO53PHS incident you reported!
Ignore me!
Sorry about the misunderstanding McColl, but on the track I felt I was far enough ahead to return to the line. Had you been closing in on me quicker, I would have pulled aside to let you pass...

And as for the rules, the onus was on me to take all due attention, but I did so. As for capitalizing on my error, I thought that I was moving fast enough to hold my position. I hadn't slowed down much, I don't think I lifted from going off until returning, so I was going only maybe 5 - 10km/h from race pace...

I think the problem with my understeer was my tyre choice. I assumed (stupidly ) that SC wouldn't be needed, so I slapped R3s on the front...so i drove almost the entire race with navy-black tyres
I only talked to race control and thats cos i lost connection to my internet
Quote from dekojester :During the race, the following drivers were found to have chatted with messages outisde of the regulations, and will be penalized 5 grid spots next race.

Math1js
[SR]Mutt
[SR]Daleksam
[TG]Captain Slow
[TG]Hammond
RP MistaTea
Nightmare
Stefan Alfons
TAYLOR-MANIA
JTaylorIRE

I do not have the qualifying replay on my jump drive, and since I'm at work, I won't be able to access it until I get home. When I get home, I will add anyone who chatted during the qualifying to this list.

[OPC]ROB! has already been penalised for chat in this round, and will not recieve any further penalties for chat from Round 3.

d

Upon re-evaluation of the chat situation in the race, RP MistaTeahas been cleared of the grid penalty.
Quote from dekojester :Upon re-evaluation of the chat situation in the race, RP MistaTeahas been cleared of the grid penalty.

Thank you.

Hopefully ill still do good without the penalty

Math1js
[SR]Mutt
[SR]Daleksam
[TG]Captain Slow
[TG]Hammond
RP MistaTea
Nightmare
Stefan Alfons
TAYLOR-MANIA
JTaylorIRE

d

The following drivers originally recieved penalties but are having them cleared:

RP MistaTea
JTaylorIRE
Nightmare
TAYLOR-MANIA
By watching the replay of qualifying, it is determined that all who chatted also chatted in race and therefore have been penalized.

d
So no-one's had their penalty revoked?
Round 3 Results are finally official.

d

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG