The online racing simulator
Quote from ajp71 :Which layout are you setting those times on?

Must be the Tourist version. Otherwise a sub 8:00 would be rather awesome. (8:19 here after two laps)

Quote from Bawbag :I don't actually use it, I remember the real feel plugin destroyed a 6 hour endurance race I was watching (Broadcasted by the SRT guys) I think it started with some 40 teams and ended with about 6.

Nevermind, a mix of 20% seems to fine with LeoFFB.

Quote from tonix :Could you please post it? Can't find any server at 91.152.196.124.

It's not online anymore, I believe.

Edit: slowwwwww poooooostiiiiiiiin......
Niko hacked the rfactorz and got 1.48!
Quote from ajp71 :Sub 8 min laps on the VLN layout? Something seems slightly wrong seeing as the lap record is 8.09 by a 996 twin turbo

Tourist layout

Added the replay (1250) for your pleasure. Lots of big mistakes there but finished the lap! Just a bit wrong track

Btw. has anyone noticed that the beemer can only take fuel for 3 full laps?

EDIT: if the VLN hl is 8:09 the lap is kinda pointless...
EDIT2: d'ooh
Teh server is offline till Sunday afternoon.
Quote from spankmeyer :Teh server is offline till Sunday afternoon.

Might have to come play when it's back up
but then we take the C6!!!!!11eleven
Quote from Linsen :Does the E21 work properly with realfeel for you guys? Somehow it doesn't for me. I either get virtually no feedback at all or I get heavy spikes with virtually no feedback inbetween...

I find setting realfeel to this works good:

[BMW 320 E21]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=1500.000000
SteeringDamper=2500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=-100.000000
SmoothingLevel=0

Although I'm not sure if it was designed to work with realfeel, hence the -100 bit instead of 100, but it feels way better than default force feed crap.
Quote from DaveWS :I keep getting kicked from the server after about 1 minute...

pirate:

Waaahaaaargh me matey, you be using a crack!!
Ok I admit it. But I bought the game shortly afterwards. The thing I don't get, is why should we support ISI, when they have come up with nothing but crap content.
Quote from DaveWS :I find setting realfeel to this works good:

[BMW 320 E21]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=1500.000000
SteeringDamper=2500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=-100.000000
SmoothingLevel=0

Although I'm not sure if it was designed to work with realfeel, hence the -100 bit instead of 100, but it feels way better than default force feed crap.

For some reason this does seem to work. I don't know why, but work it does. Changed MaxForceAtSteeringRack to 2800, though, as the ffb was too much for my taste. And I still got some spikes. 2800 seems to cure that.

10.08 for the VLN config is crap, of course, but considering I had a 1080°-spin and some contact to the armco here and there it's not all bad, I suppose. I hate the Nurburgring GP, though. It just doesn't flow.
Quote from DaveWS :Ok I admit it. But I bought the game shortly afterwards. The thing I don't get, is why should we support ISI, when they have come up with nothing but crap content.

'I made 1 LFS'er buy rFactor.'

Yeah, that's a good question. Sure, they developed a platform for modding but since they practically offer zero support for mods (no official stamp of approval, rejection of crap mods or illegal content, no in-game mod-downloaders or updaters, etc.), it's just a pain in the ass.

Quote from Scrabby :but then we take the C6!!!!!11eleven

I'll stick to the Beemer... I'm sorry but the C6 just feels terrible after taking the E21 for a spin... or two... and a high-speed crash into the woods.
just for me plz so i can have some fun
Hey all, just a quick heads-up, the server is up again. I made a simple server info page for easy access.

I know this is far from optimal but hopefully I'll see some of you online later.
Really nice combo, demands respect and patience but not too hard to drive. Best I've managed was a 9.44 how Bawbag is 24 seconds faster is beyond me
I'm on there now. Com'on ladies.
I may soon join you there Dave... but im not a lady :P

Oops, sorry dave, going out

Maybe later.
How do you vote for next sessions and stuff?
Dammit we need spanky! No idea how to restart or anything.
If you go into race no-one can join
Haha so now no one can join until Spanky gets back?

We didn't know how to restart, sorry.
try typing : /callvote restartweekend

Im not sure if its just for admins or not...
Baaack and server restarted!

My POS Sony Ericsson 3G phone wouldn't let me post here about my impending return.

Weird thing if the voting (vote options hidden behind the button between 'Y/N') is disabled unless server is dedicated. Sorry dudes, my bad.
Going under 9:15 needs quite good lines but a 9:10 should be possible. Is there anywhere some site where you could see what is a good time on this track with this car?

Best I've done so far is a 9:18:281 or so...

EDIT: d'oh
Would we consider driving on a 'polygon bumps only' (no artificial grip zones or sine wave bumps) version of the track? Target for the default C6 (stock tyres) is 8:30, with 8:10 certainly being possible..

this is the TDF I use (backup your old one).. It goes in the gamedata\locations\nords2007 directory.

Make sure to drive the normal tourist version if you want to try it out.

I've did a few 8:15s and remember thats NOT with the trackday tyres!
Attached files
NOS_terrain.rar - 3.1 KB - 102 views
Quote from Hyperactive :Going under 9:15 needs quite good lines but a 9:10 should be possible. Is there anywhere some site where you could see what is a good time on this track with this car?

Best I've done so far is a 9:18:281 or so...

I think you've got a different version of the track, your car doesn't follow the elevation of the track in several places.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG